The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

2H / Bow Warden Viability?

modos9
modos9
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, I have recently come back to ESO after quite a few years and have roiled warden. Am struggling to find a build / guide for a 2h/ bow stamina build for PVP in theclass. Most stamina builds that I see are 2h / sword and shield. Are they not viable or am I just not looking hard enough. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are viable.

Most people use bow in PvP for major expedition. Warden get's it as a class skill, so most people don't run bow for that reason.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a couple of Stamina Wardens running bow/sniper builds in NA-PC Battlegrounds, but they're not as dangerous as the standard melee "bomb" builds with ridiculous burst damage. As @Brrrofski points out, Wardens get Major Expedition from a class ability (which also provides either Minor Berserk or Minor Evasion), so having a bow on the back bar isn't at all necessary.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and a bow is certainly no longer competitiv with other weapons due to all the nerfs to bow abilties
    every time some guy calls for a bow nerf cauze he got killed last night by a bow
    he gets it instantly, and without any discussion
    bow is not wanted, just as any stambuilds
    you better make yourself a magsorc, nothing as easy as the magsorc
    the only class that gets buffed every patch!

frustrated? yes I am and with reason!
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally run 2h and bow on my stamden. It has pretty good burst (about 5k wep damage max), decent sustain (about 1.8k stam regen unbuffed no cp), and good survivability for 7 medium (I assume you're going to run medium otherwise there is no reason to run bow.) Here is my build if you wanna copy it.

Gear:
    2 bloodspawn (impen, max stamina)
    5 spriggans: 3 jewelry (2 wep damage 1 stam regen), 1 body (impen, max stamina), 1 greatsword (nirnhoned, prismatic)
    5 clever alchemist: 4 body (impen, max stam), 1 bow (infused, berserker)

Skills:
    Bow:
    Shimmering shield
    Shuffle
    Resolving vigor
    Ice fortress
    Sub assault (works better on bow bar)
    Healing thicket

2h:
    Stampede
    Rally (better burst heal than shrooms, although I sometimes wish I had the reliable major mending)
    Bull netch
    Wrecking blow (I perfer the empower)
    Reverse slice
    Dawnbreaker

Mundus: Warrior
    Food: Dubious camoran throne

Honestly the only reason I run bow is because it saves me a skill slot and I like having the ranged weapon proc. Also this is more of a gank build than anything. I try to just burst down squishy targets and dip because I usually run out of resources in prolonged fights, and wb spam doesn't work well against anyone with half a brain.
    Edited by Trinotops on October 30, 2017 3:14PM
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I feel like bow is best used when using Asylum/Masters. I'm about to start testing Masters DW and Asylum Bow "Shotgun Build" as well as an Asylum 2H/Master Bow burst build. I'll post results somewhere once I get good test vids.
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA