The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Trial?

Dunnn
Dunnn
✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

So, my PvP guild has recently expressed interest in trying their hands in a Trial, however whilst the majority of us do have experience in PvE instances, none of us has any real experience in Trials, their mechanics and which ones are best for beginners.

So my question is:-
Which Trial would you recommend for a group of experienced players trying their hands at Trials for the first time :)?

Thank you in advance!
Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aetherian Archive would probably be your best choice.

If you wanted to just see what's ahead without the kick in the face if you go badly you could run normal version first then step to veteran when you know mechanics, after that you can progress to hard mode.

Hel Ra would also work as it's an early one.

Sanctum of Ophidia is a bit harder and more HP grinding, Maw of Lorkhaj and Halls of Fabrication are tougher yet again.

You also now have Asylum Sanctorium which is a short 3 boss trial which you could run and depending on how you choose to fight the bosses (one by one, two or three at a time) you can change the difficulty dynamically.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think vAA will be the easiest, but if you wanna do HM then vSO will be better.
    Answer ✓
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunnn wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

So, my PvP guild has recently expressed interest in trying their hands in a Trial, however whilst the majority of us do have experience in PvE instances, none of us has any real experience in Trials, their mechanics and which ones are best for beginners.

So my question is:-
    Which Trial would you recommend for a group of experienced players trying their hands at Trials for the first time :)?

Thank you in advance!

Aetherian Archive should be the easiest
    Answer ✓
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty much a casual (low dps) and AA was just fine, with a pug group of guys who are doing trials reguraly
    Answer ✓
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Aetherian Archive would probably be your best choice.

If you wanted to just see what's ahead without the kick in the face if you go badly you could run normal version first then step to veteran when you know mechanics, after that you can progress to hard mode.

Thank you! I will start looking into AA, the guild definitely wanted to try it on a Normal run-through first just to get used to the rotations and mechanics of it all!
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I am pretty much a casual (low dps) and AA was just fine, with a pug group of guys who are doing trials reguraly

That makes me feel better!
    Me and my guild are a well coordinated bunch and I was just wondering if that would translate over to trials alright, but if you can do AA with a PUG then I think we should be fine :)

Thank you!