Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade's Malevolent Offering

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
I just leveled a magblade and have been testing this new healing spell. It heals nicely and pairs very well with Regeneration. However, thing is: this spell is kind of difficult to aim in the heat of the battle, like when facing multiple enemies. It would be amazing if the spell auto-aims at a wounded player, just like Templar's Rushed Ceremony for example.

Thoughts?
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled a magblade and have been testing this new healing spell. It heals nicely and pairs very well with Regeneration. However, thing is: this spell is kind of difficult to aim in the heat of the battle, like when facing multiple enemies. It would be amazing if the spell auto-aims at a wounded player, just like Templar's Rushed Ceremony for example.

Thoughts?

The only thing I really like about it is that I can put it where I want it.
    Shadow hide you.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing i like about this ability is that i can cast it and let a wolf kill me in cyrodiil so i can quick port.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    The only thing i like about this ability is that i can cast it and let a wolf kill me in cyrodiil so i can quick port.

I agree however I did take the time to try it out in small scale and zergling PvP and the results are interesting. Assuming you can time the cast properly the one that gives minor mending becomes a very potent heal making it hard for people to kill you. However if you don't time it right you will die very very quickly because it costs way to much.

In a Zerg this skill is fun cuz W/E it's a zerg and you get AP for the healz

In PvE I guess it works? Nightblade healing has always been pretty good oh look another HoT, thats just what we needed *sarcastic tone*
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it proc Desert Rose/Almalexia?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it proc Bloodspawn?

Could be an interesting way to keep ulti up in PvP so you're always ready to stealth nuke.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you're using it for i guess. I've been trying to use it as a self heal really, so it would kinda suck as a smart heal if i wanted it to heal me, and someone ended up stealing the heal. much worse than someone stealing a healing ward from me since it does damage to myself
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you're using it for i guess. I've been trying to use it as a self heal really, so it would kinda suck as a smart heal if i wanted it to heal me, and someone ended up stealing the heal. much worse than someone stealing a healing ward from me since it does damage to myself

I'm gonna try vet pledge healing. I'm doing great so far during normal dungeons, but this spell is somewhat hard to cast on injured group members for some reason, and I almost never use it due to that. :neutral: I think I'm gonna change it for a resto staff spell and see what happens.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on October 30, 2017 9:02AM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm gonna try vet pledge healing. I'm doing great so far during normal dungeons, but this spell is somewhat hard to cast on injured group members for some reason, and I almost never use it due to that. :neutral: I think I'm gonna change it for a resto staff spell and see what happens.

In vets only ever cast it on the tank or yourself which is generally very easy most of the time. Its boon in pve and pvp healing is minor mending uptime. Dont try to place it everyone, its not an emergency heal, it alleviates your attention on the tank somewhat since its an incredibly potent single target hot. Having all your hots running on the group with siphoner passive which is anywhere from 6 to 9 percent healing done on most NB healer setups on front bar (which is where NB healers should spend most of their time) and minor mending from offering running on the tank or yourself means you are golden.

However i would be remiss if i didnt say that in all honesty, NB siphoner passive was the alternative to templars minor mending uptime, and based on countless tests prior long LONG before this patch went live, it was proven that NB hps was incredibly potent as is.. the last thing i would have ever asked for or expected in regards to giving a bit of help for NB healers for pve endgame would be more healing lol. Healing output was never an issue. So in that regards for vet dungeons, adding malevolent offering to your bar is often overkill.
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 30, 2017 10:40PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using it on my sap tank. The hp cost is nearly meaningless with 45k health. The problem is that I don't really need it as a self heal and targeting other players as a tank can be difficult if they aren't in a good position. I agree that some way of auto targeting would be fantastic if it can come without limiting the usefulness for those that want to pick specific targets. Perhaps one morph for each?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been using it on my sap tank. The hp cost is nearly meaningless with 45k health. The problem is that I don't really need it as a self heal and targeting other players as a tank can be difficult if they aren't in a good position. I agree that some way of auto targeting would be fantastic if it can come without limiting the usefulness for those that want to pick specific targets. Perhaps one morph for each?

As a sap tank, the tool tip on offering would be abysmal anyways.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »

I agree however I did take the time to try it out in small scale and zergling PvP and the results are interesting. Assuming you can time the cast properly the one that gives minor mending becomes a very potent heal making it hard for people to kill you. However if you don't time it right you will die very very quickly because it costs way to much.

In PvE I guess it works? Nightblade healing has always been pretty good oh look another HoT, thats just what we needed *sarcastic tone*

LOL If 20 NB run around Cyrodil casting malevolent on each other would they get more AP than normally?
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    LOL If 20 NB run around Cyrodil casting malevolent on each other would they get more AP than normally?

Can someone please test this! LOL
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    Hollery wrote: »

You. Cant. Kill. Yourself. With. Malevolent. Offering.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, but hurting theirselfs and healing up by others often gives some extra ap.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumnhart wrote: »

Thoughts?

The only thing I really like about it is that I can put it where I want it.

SAME.

Didnt know the skill was changed and killed myself using it the first time.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    It was truly a poorly thought out skill change.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »

6k life for 11 percent increased healing and an 18k hot over 8 seconds.

The skill has its uses.
    Edited by exeeter702 on November 28, 2017 5:39AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

The skill has its uses.

Curious how you think minor mending, a 8% buff to healing done, is 11%. Care to explain?
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The skill has its uses.

Curious how you think minor mending, a 8% buff to healing done, is 11%. Care to explain?
    Slotting a siphoning ability increases your healing done by 3 percent ;)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

The skill has its uses.

K.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 28, 2017 8:27AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The skill has its uses.

You would get that regardless of the morph you took so what makes you list it?
    I don't list it, I just answered your question. I personally think it's not good enough to simply give it a spot on my bars. NB's didn't need another single target hot.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH , will NB healer cast it at VAA & NHOF / VHOF last phase ?

ZOS , please design the skills correctly and useful , NB has too much HOT , they want burst heal or utility beconz you removeds a good cc from them , offering just like a suicide bomb in trial
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The skill has its uses.

You would get that regardless of the morph you took so what makes you list it?
    I don't list it, I just answered your question. I personally think it's not good enough to simply give it a spot on my bars. NB's didn't need another single target hot.

K.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one reason to slot this. When i level a magblade, keeping this on bar levels Siphoning quicker to get Sap Essence. When Siphoning reaches 42, this malevolent whatever drops and never returns.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone