Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More lag with CWC ?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
This is for PC EU - Sotha Sil (No CP).

Since CWC, i have been experiencing significantly more lag. The lag is very clearly on the "Ping" side. Even with all Addons disabled, it will be bad. Weaving and A/C can be very difficult in heated battles. And sometimes experience total lag-outs.

What is the experience for you guys? Anyone else getting the same?

Am considering wiping all Addons completely and reinstalling, just to be sure.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that is weird, as I read in the patch notes that they improved something which should have improved performance...

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    For me performance seems a bit better but sound goes away realy fast. Even in pretty small fights with low lag my entire group lost sound effects.
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, that's exactly what I've been experiencing. Cryo performance is better than ever, the fps only drop to 20ish in very large fights. Indeed there is still a room for improvement, but they finally on track on this matter. However the sound and even the music will go away when even a fly fart land on the screen.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep I experience sometimes immense lags and and sometimes I crash twice or at least once
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    For me performance seems a bit better but sound goes away realy fast. Even in pretty small fights with low lag my entire group lost sound effects.

I noticed this as well. Even just getting near a medium sized fight causes it.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Bakkagami Yeah I was playing with a guild group of 7-10 people the entire group lost ingame sounds at several points.
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA - Since CWC released Lag is almost impossible to play and DPS has dropped from 100 to 60 and when anywhere with population dps drops to 23 - 25
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    PC NA - Since CWC released Lag is almost impossible to play and DPS has dropped from 100 to 60 and when anywhere with population dps drops to 23 - 25

I'm assuming you me and fps here. I actually saw about a small fps increase in dense areas like wayrest since patch but I'm noticing a lot of ping flux and spiking where I normally cap around 120ms (160ish in a populated viv). Happened more in the few days after release and has more or less stopped spiking but I'm still noticing the ping isn't as steady as before.

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Performance (fps) increased but hell the lag on PC EU Vivec is the worst i had in 2 years.
    Complete delay of skills, macro slice for days, meele abilities miss because you can't target anyone.

Most of the time i fight 3 players my health will drop in a normal way and then my health will drop in .1 sec from 80-100% to Zero even of no strong skills hit me. Something really got wrecked with the patch.
    When Morrowind launched lag was so little that i didn't noticed it most of the time. With HotR it got worse and now it's unplayable for 90% of the day on vivec
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This started yesterday during a Vhof, I have been experiencing a lot of lag ... 999+ ping ... and today the same ... i log ... 999+ ping, i lose my connection on teamspeak, paf the game freeze and i have to alt+F4 the game to get my Teamspeak connection back.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Client Performance IS BETTER, the fps are way more stable now. Server performance is junk as usual, cyrodiil is still the lag fest that has always been.
    Apherius wrote: »
    This started yesterday during a Vhof, I have been experiencing a lot of lag ... 999+ ping ... and today the same ... i log ... 999+ ping, i lose my connection on teamspeak, paf the game freeze and i have to alt+F4 the game to get my Teamspeak connection back.

is your internet connection. The fact that you are losing connection to teamspeak is the key.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Client Performance IS BETTER, the fps are way more stable now. Server performance is junk as usual, cyrodiil is still the lag fest that has always been.
    Apherius wrote: »

is your internet connection. The fact that you are losing connection to teamspeak is the key.

really ? Thank for the info ! i though that the CWC update was the " cause ".
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plot twist, nothing was really improved, more people are just Ina different area farming.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is better??? I can’t wait then til this drops on Xbox!
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    This is for PC EU - Sotha Sil (No CP).

Since CWC, i have been experiencing significantly more lag. The lag is very clearly on the "Ping" side. Even with all Addons disabled, it will be bad. Weaving and A/C can be very difficult in heated battles. And sometimes experience total lag-outs.

What is the experience for you guys? Anyone else getting the same?

Am considering wiping all Addons completely and reinstalling, just to be sure.
    Maybe the air conditioning unit is overheated from the heat of the battle. Just my .02
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

I am gonna have to clean up and redo the entire installation, just to make sure.

Trying to use Crit Charge and Dark Deal - two skills that both lock-up your skill bar, is like asking for a kick in the nuts, with the current lag i am seeing in Sotha Sil EU.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I noticed this as well. Over the last few patches my lag hasn’t been bad. Since CWC dropped I’m back to insane lag, teleporting everywhere or freezing for a moment, or completely losing sound. I haven’t experienced these things for a good while until now.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!