The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making a Warden Tank

zawizard
zawizard
✭✭
Hello, everybody! I want to start to get more into tanking, and I heard that tanking on a Warden is pretty fun and is able to dungeons and trials. Before I actually make the character, I want a few questions answered:
How does the Warden compare to other classes, specifically DK or Templar?
Is the Warden able to vet dungeons and trials, and are they effective?
What are some builds and set-ups?
Lastly, what should I name him?

Thanks for helping!
the mead is warm
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zawizard wrote: »
    Lastly, what should I name him?

Bearly tanking - It's both a name and an answer to your questions!

While people play differently, I think the consensus is that wardens are the second best tanking class in the game, not as good as DK but better than templars. They can give out a lot of group support through their abilities while DK's give their group support through gearsets. A really solid build can be found here - https://alcasthq.com/eso-warden-tank-build-pve/
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on October 30, 2017 10:44AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • zawizard
    zawizard
    ✭✭
    That name is genius! I will check out that build, thank you :smiley:
    the mead is warm
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Wardens are awesome for 4 man dungeons.......if the entire group goes down the bear can take over tanking while you res people if you stop taunting. 2 big AOE DOTS damage is scaled on max health (gripping shards and arctic blast). I have 60k+ health and 30k+ resists with a few gear combos. (Plague Doctor+warrior poet, Plague doctor+Ebon, Warrior Poet+Twice Born Star,

I put champion points into spell erosion and thaumaturge and damage is usually over the norm for tanks I think, especially for trash packs. In some PUG's I've gotten 60%+ of group damage a lot of times. I lead off with Subterranean Assault, which hits entire packs with Major Breach and Major Fracture; it's also a very good trial skill.

Because my main DOTS are health based and not spell damage based, I don't bother with spell damage at all. Consequently jewelry enchants are all stam reduction. Bull Netch and sturdy gear seemed like overkill; I NEVER ran out of stam on long fights so I switched to Blue Betty to help with magicka sustain.
  • zawizard
    zawizard
    ✭✭
    Thank you for giving some insight :)
    Edited by zawizard on October 30, 2017 11:30AM
    the mead is warm
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and the Monster set I use is Mighty Chudan
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major toughness is available via any heal on a warden fyi (i.e. warrior-poet)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds