Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would you rate the Asylum 2h

Sixty5
Sixty5
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's been about a week since Clockwork City dropped, and with it came the death of our beloved Maelstorm 2h's. Many a tear was shed for the hours of grinding, now mostly invalidated.

But we were given a boon. A powerful boon that was easy to farm and that gave us up to 14 ult for simply using an execute.

So I ask, now that we have had a week to use this boon, how has it performed? Is it as broken as the pre update nerf threads made it out to be, or is it a giant pile of trash like a 40 man zergling raid.

Personally, I would say that the Asylum 2h feels pretty damn good. Though it doesn't feel overly strong. I have noticed that after a kill I have my overload bar up pretty much straight away, and that is all I really ever wanted anyway.
Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very strong.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    really nice, both questing and pvp, idk about pve
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good, especially considering the time and effort spent to farm it vs Maelstrom or vDSA. Not super impressed with the other weapons though, except the Inferno staff.
    Edited by gabriebe on October 30, 2017 2:55PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! I run it on my warden who already has strong ulti gen thanks to passives and bloodspawn. As much as it is strong solo, I think it really shines in small to medium sized groups. When you have more lower health targets to focus you get ulti at an insane rate. I think my fastest time from 0 to dawnbreaker has been around 8 seconds.

The question now is what to run on back bar. I've been testing Masters DW and so far it's promising. I need 100 transmute crystals before I know for sure though as both masters 1h's dropped in defending Q.Q

Edited by Hecker777 on October 30, 2017 5:40PM
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hecker777 wrote: »
    I love it! I run it on my warden who already has strong ulti gen thanks to passives and bloodspawn. As much as it is strong solo, I think it really shines in small to medium sized groups. When you have more lower health targets to focus you get ulti at an insane rate. I think my fastest time from 0 to dawnbreaker has been around 8 seconds.

The question now is what to run on back bar. I've been testing Masters DW and so far it's promising. I need 100 transmute crystals before I know for sure though as both masters 1h's dropped in defending Q.Q

Master's Bow? 750 weapon damage from 1 item is pretty decent.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Masters bow has always been BiS back bar single target offensive option for pvp, imo. The question is just: do I need that much more offense or should I go for something defensive or for better aoe
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Thinking about that too. I need to get one first. I've been having a bad stretch of luck with RNG as far as the bow goes
    However, the more I think about it, the more I think that's a better way to go than Masters DW. Still not a bad thing to have if you're going DW/SB or something like that, but yeah for a 2h burst setup I think you're right! Guess it's time to farm vDSA again
    Edited by Hecker777 on October 30, 2017 7:17PM
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Core- Fear is Failure

690+ CP PC NA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i notice my ultimate regen is increased but only about maybe 15% of an increase while using the 2 hander. it honestly is not alot, but it does help in both pvp and pve. it is not overpowered nor underpowered.

but if u must have an answer, then i would say

"it does point (or lean) towards underpowered"

am i happy with it?

"yes"
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    i notice my ultimate regen is increased but only about maybe 15% of an increase while using the 2 hander. it honestly is not alot, but it does help in both pvp and pve. it is not overpowered nor underpowered.

but if u must have an answer, then i would say

"it does point (or lean) towards underpowered"

am i happy with it?

"yes"

I feel like it works best if you're already using something that lowers the cost of ulti/generates ulti. It by itself isn't strong but it synergizes with things like Bloodspawn or Blessing of Potentates very well
    Core- Fear is Failure

690+ CP PC NA
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like all 2H weapons and ultimates. Underwhelming and overreacted by the community.

Maybe one day they'll reduce the 2H ult down to 100 or less so it's actually usable. If not no big deal.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was OK. Haven't tried it on a Warden or DK yet tho.
    PC EU
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    It was OK. Haven't tried it on a Warden or DK yet tho.

Using it on a warden, for sure my favorite class for it in groups, more perma=more better
    Core- Fear is Failure

690+ CP PC NA
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one in decisive and haven't transmuted it yet. After using it for a little while on my stam warden, I'm not sure I will transmute it. Decisive + Bloodspawn + Shimmering + Low Slash, so much ulti gen it hurts.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »
    I got one in decisive and haven't transmuted it yet. After using it for a little while on my stam warden, I'm not sure I will transmute it. Decisive + Bloodspawn + Shimmering + Low Slash, so much ulti gen it hurts.

I'd say a Nirn one would be better tbh.

You aren't really gaining ult frequently enough to make decisive worth it.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

I'm not disagreeing, nirn would certainly do more damage, but I tend to play something of a support role in groups. That said, in any given fight I am constantly gaining ult. I low slash my targets, BS procs constantly, shimmering is usually getting hit, and all light/heavies can trigger decisive. I think wardens have an ulti gen passive as well but it slips my mind at the moment. Considering a huge chunk of my burst potential is my DB, it's actually pretty well worth it. It takes me from being defensive while I wait for the DB to be up, to just having it up all the time and not having to think about it.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

I'm not disagreeing, nirn would certainly do more damage, but I tend to play something of a support role in groups. That said, in any given fight I am constantly gaining ult. I low slash my targets, BS procs constantly, shimmering is usually getting hit, and all light/heavies can trigger decisive. I think wardens have an ulti gen passive as well but it slips my mind at the moment. Considering a huge chunk of my burst potential is my DB, it's actually pretty well worth it. It takes me from being defensive while I wait for the DB to be up, to just having it up all the time and not having to think about it.

The problem is still that Decisive isn't actually all that efficient.

Basically you have a 1/3 chance to gain 1 ult whenever you otherwise get ultimate.
    Even if you go best case with Light attack, Asylum, Major/Minor Heroism, you've got 4 ticks per second, or basically 4 Ult per 3 seconds, which might sound like a lot, but when you have all those other sources of ult regeneration running anyway, you are still only dropping the time until your Ulti is back up by a couple of seconds.