Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Taking a break

Cletus
Cletus
I decided yesterday to stop my plus account. I only get to play occasionally and feel it isn't enough for this game. I have 3 characters to 39 with one of them half way to 40 and that has taken me about 10 months to do. I haven't joined any guilds and just work quests as I get them. I get killed so frequently at the boss level it is getting tiring. I don't mind dying it is just that it seems to happen too often. That tells me my skills and gear are not up to the level needed to play.
I don't have a handle on this game. I have to ask about everything i need to know about it. I usually know enough about a game forehand but not this one. I have 9 days left on the account and will just leave it alone after that.
Players here have been great to help when i needed it. Take care
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going anywhere nice?
    PC EU
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No game is ideal for absolutely everyone. If you’ve been playing ten months and haven’t reached vet...and don’t want to...and don’t have sections of the game that you’re enjoying and want to explore more, then it probably means there’s another game out there somewhere that would suit you better.

I’m not clear why we needed to know that, but good luck. Some of my friends are enjoying Destiny 2.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is you can still play without ESO+!

DLC areas will be locked off unless you bought them but otherwise it sounds like there is still a lot of content out there for you.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cletus wrote: »
    I decided yesterday to stop my plus account. I only get to play occasionally and feel it isn't enough for this game. I have 3 characters to 39 with one of them half way to 40 and that has taken me about 10 months to do. I haven't joined any guilds and just work quests as I get them. I get killed so frequently at the boss level it is getting tiring. I don't mind dying it is just that it seems to happen too often. That tells me my skills and gear are not up to the level needed to play.
    I don't have a handle on this game. I have to ask about everything i need to know about it. I usually know enough about a game forehand but not this one. I have 9 days left on the account and will just leave it alone after that.

The period from level 30 to 45 is probably the most discouraging in the game, especially if you have No CP from a main character.

When you return from your break I suggest focusing on ONE character and getting them up to CP 160. Leave the hard bosses for later and only fight bosses that are required for the quest line.

Another "trick" is to do all the three faction starter zones (Bleakrock, Khenarthis Roost, etc), then Glenumbra, Stonefalls, Auridon, quest lines THEN Deshan, Grahtwood, etc. This is an easier path than a linear one within just one faction. The easy zones are also the most populated and its much more likely you'll find help on a Dolmen in these zones. Really hard to kill the three Ogrims Dolmen boss by yourself at level 35 for example and no one in a remote zone like The Rift to hear your pleas for help.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    Cletus wrote: »

The period from level 30 to 45 is probably the most discouraging in the game, especially if you have No CP from a main character.

When you return from your break I suggest focusing on ONE character and getting them up to CP 160. Leave the hard bosses for later and only fight bosses that are required for the quest line.

You aren't lying when I hit lvl 36 I quit, I was very disappointed with the game and had no intention to come back. Then, they decided to re-release Skyrim and when the announcement hit I got a Elder Scrolls itch that I had to scratch. I went out bought ESO again and I haven't looked back. I'm now CP 520ish and still loving the game and even though I bought Skyrim SE I have only played for maybe 1-2 hours(mods broke me). ESO is now the only game I really play, every now and then Ill turn on Rocket League for a quick game or 10 and refresh myself before I dive back into the wonderful world of Tamriel!

Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • RustedValor
    RustedValor
    ✭✭✭
    Leveling Alt's is allot easier once you have one end game character and some CP. What I did is leveled my main, and created the alts I wanted to play on day 1. That way when I completed the whole story and side quests on my main I could rip through the quests on my alts with a fast horse and CP, skip the dialog and level grind to max by killing mobs. I could reach veteran 16 in a few days, now a days you don't even have to grind veteran rank on an alt, you new players have it so easy.