Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB is now top dog and is op.

• lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Nuff said.

we nightblades die very very easy. and pull us out of stealth is also very easy.

I don't think most NBs use cloak anymore

Only Stam NBs use Cloak nowadays, because they don't have the massive healing capabilities of a Magblade.

I use cloak on my magblade to avoid CCs, get to line of sight, and to make sure i get my healing ward heal. I still need to use cloak because i don't run double defensive sets

I dont run cloak or a defensive set. I use 5 shackle 4 necro and skoria in duels. 5 shackle 5 necro 1 domi openworld. Shadow image is all you need. Shields are huge just use image wisely and youll be fine.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Nuff said.

we nightblades die very very easy. and pull us out of stealth is also very easy.

Only Stam NBs use Cloak nowadays, because they don't have the massive healing capabilities of a Magblade.

I use cloak on my magblade to avoid CCs, get to line of sight, and to make sure i get my healing ward heal. I still need to use cloak because i don't run double defensive sets

I dont run cloak or a defensive set. I use 5 shackle 4 necro and skoria in duels. 5 shackle 5 necro 1 domi openworld. Shadow image is all you need. Shields are huge just use image wisely and youll be fine.

I use shadow image as well. I find hots and cloak to be superior to shields. I've never been a fan of shields on magblades. If you are using your cloak and shade wisely it has a much higher ceiling than shield stacking, and healing ward is more than enough to keep you alive. Usually i pop a healing ward and my health will jump up to about 70% just from the hots
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Nuff said.

I use shadow image as well. I find hots and cloak to be superior to shields. I've never been a fan of shields on magblades. If you are using your cloak and shade wisely it has a much higher ceiling than shield stacking, and healing ward is more than enough to keep you alive. Usually i pop a healing ward and my health will jump up to about 70% just from the hots

Too each their own mate. Id like to see some videos if you have any, bro?
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuff said.

Only time i dont run cloak is if I'm dueling and stack a lot of weapon damage. 9/10 i have cloak on my bar and it still idiotic how it breaks randomly.Otherwise on a stamblade you dont have the healing compared to other classes.
    Edited by KingJ on October 29, 2017 4:07PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Wait are we over mag sorc is op?
    Looks like the forum is finally realizing. Nbs have been the strongest class for quite some time already.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Looks like the forum is finally realizing. Nbs have been the strongest class for quite some time already.

I think you can make a good arguement for multiple classes at the moment i do believe there is a clear cut number one being stamina warden. after that i believe it's up for grabs. each class offers different value in different situations leading me to believe that the classes are pretty balanced
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade finally rewards the skillfull along last as it should be. And still punishes the weak
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’d be really hard pressed to find an unbiased, experienced PvPer who said a class other than Stam warden was #1 right now.

Mag blade and mag DK are both really strong too, especially with the shuffle changes, but they’re no stamden and their usefulness is more limited in scope. Magblades are great but I wouldn’t consider them a 1vX class or a “play the objectives” class. Stamden would win in a duel, be able to play objectives, do some 1vX and still outparse the magblades DPS
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    You’d be really hard pressed to find an unbiased, experienced PvPer who said a class other than Stam warden was #1 right now.

Mag blade and mag DK are both really strong too, especially with the shuffle changes, but they’re no stamden and their usefulness is more limited in scope. Magblades are great but I wouldn’t consider them a 1vX class or a “play the objectives” class. Stamden would win in a duel, be able to play objectives, do some 1vX and still outparse the magblades DPS

Stamden should never kill mageblade 1v1 unless the mageblade makes mistakes. But mageblade lacks the tools to kill a proper stamden as well.

Pretending a stamden can compete with the aoe damage if a mageblade is a bit untrue as well.

Stamden is still far and away the top dog though
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 29, 2017 7:45PM
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

Magblades very strong 1v1. As strong as a warden. Nowhere near as strong open world though
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Stamden should never kill mageblade 1v1 unless the mageblade makes mistakes. But mageblade lacks the tools to kill a proper stamden as well.

Pretending a stamden can compete with the aoe damage if a mageblade is a bit untrue as well.

Stamden is still far and away the top dog though
    Yeah you’re right in Zerg vs Zerg stuff the mag blade comes out ahead by a long shot
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. I don´t find NB as good open world. They´re pretty solid in duels though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like every class lacks 1 thing to make a great bow build...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only good bow build is one on the other team tbh.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really is no best class in pvp, it all depends on how well you as a 1vXer can burst people down while also avoiding their damage whether through dodge roll, block, or heavy shield stacking. Every major patch people will always claim one class being the strongest, when really it just that person hasn't learned how to counter the play style of the class i.e stamblades in IC patch, stam sorcs in theives guild patch, and wardens in this current patch. Once a skilled competent player comes upon a a 1vXer and knows how to counter him, its pretty much over. For all the people saying stamdens are op, play one first and learn the class, thus making it insanely easier to fight once you see one in open world.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Oh I'm gonna find a way... Some how... Some way
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Oh I'm gonna find a way... Some how... Some way

You want the secret super OP bow build? Ok I'll tell you.

Jailbreaker, Fiords/Darkstride all well fitted. Asylum bow.

Major expedition pots

Strategy, run at the enemy as fast as possible and then spam acid spray to ensure they notice you.

Most efficient way to play a bow build, since you can run to where the enemies are super fast to ensure that you die as quickly as possible, and the asylum bow and acid spray ensures that you can be identified as someone who has no clue what they are doing.

I mean, I'd love for bow builds to be viable, but they really aren't. And the sheer number of them I get on my team in battlegrounds just makes me salty.
    Then again, any time one is on the other team, I go out of my way to target them. Still grinding out Grand Champion after all.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very successful in Spinners/Riposte/Skoria

I don't think magicka NB is outperforming other classes though. Very rewarding with work.

My biggest kryptonite is a stamina warden.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think magicka NB is outperforming other classes though. Very rewarding with work.

Everybody's kryptonite is stam warden.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought magicka warden were kryptonite too ?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Magicka wardens are killable though and are very vulnerable to LoSing and being CCd. They have to get into melee range to use their burst dmg which makes them very vulnerable if you survive it

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a sneaky nerf NB thread? :o
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    There really is no best class in pvp, it all depends on how well you as a 1vXer can burst people down while also avoiding their damage whether through dodge roll, block, or heavy shield stacking. Every major patch people will always claim one class being the strongest, when really it just that person hasn't learned how to counter the play style of the class i.e stamblades in IC patch, stam sorcs in theives guild patch, and wardens in this current patch. Once a skilled competent player comes upon a a 1vXer and knows how to counter him, its pretty much over. For all the people saying stamdens are op, play one first and learn the class, thus making it insanely easier to fight once you see one in open world.

Nah man, I felt the same too until I made a stam warden of my own.

Magicka wardens are killable though and are very vulnerable to LoSing and being CCd. They have to get into melee range to use their burst dmg which makes them very vulnerable if you survive it

There's nothing about a mag warden that scares me, they just don't have the native healing to withstand constant pressure without resorting to tree ult turtling and when you're so reliant on a ground targeted heal to keep you alive you start to be countered by ground targeted DoTs and defile
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 30, 2017 4:43AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back on topic, I have a stamblade pretty much ready to go, and given my Sorc no longer shares a gear set with them, I should really start playing them more, given how OP they obviously are.

On the other hand I've grown very accustomed to my Stam Sorc and I've been through a lot with them.
    Kinda tough to make the switch, especially with a stam warden sitting at level 26.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing about a mag warden that scares me, they just don't have the native healing to withstand constant pressure without resorting to tree ult turtling and when you're so reliant on a ground targeted heal to keep you alive you start to be countered by ground targeted DoTs and defile

For you what is the strong advantage of stam warden then ?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden is kryptonite of any build that uses projectiles. If you´ve equipped a ranged weapon of any type you might aswell go peck yourself with a rake - speaking figuratively here.
    Projectile absorb that provides a tremendous amount of ultimate is broken.

That being said. I don´t think a magica NB should loose against a warden if played correct.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t had any particular trouble with magblades. Can you be more specific? I dot believe any class is outright OP right now.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 30, 2017 7:11AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's several things, first being the superior burst combo. Sub+DBoS is stronger than any non-telegraphed burst a magden can pull. Then combine soothing being a stronger burst heal than anything in the magden kit, plus vigor being a superior HoT to anything a magden can use without a resto and you've got more burst and more healing.

Plus stamden get an execute and magden doesnt
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's several things, first being the superior burst combo. Sub+DBoS is stronger than any non-telegraphed burst a magden can pull. Then combine soothing being a stronger burst heal than anything in the magden kit, plus vigor being a superior HoT to anything a magden can use without a resto and you've got more burst and more healing.

Plus stamden get an execute and magden doesnt

So what you are saying is that Mag Warden is just a slightly less offensive and more durable version of Magplar

Plays into the idea I had of running one with Tavas + Gossamer for maximum tree spam.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a sneaky nerf NB thread? :o

I don't know..! I came here expecting a nerf sorc thread, found a nerf NB thread which has quickly morphed into a nerf Warden thread!

I've no idea where I'm going, but enjoying the ride!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.