Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returing Player Here - Got A Few Questions..

Berronax
Berronax
Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

Anyway it has been a long time since I last played, I took part in the beta and played a bit after release, but unfortunately had to stop due to other things requiring my time.

Played an imperial dragon knight and got to lvl20 (lol low, I know) got about half way through glenumbra and did the.. erm.. forgot it's name, some pirate island with lots of sand, well that's how far I got.

Anyway 1st question: it's been so long since I've played I can't exactly remember much of what I did, and I'm just wondering, seeing as i'm only level 20, would I be better off just deleting my character and making a new one? Not sure if any of the pets/items/mounts I have are account wide or not, or unobtainable ect, if they were i'd probably keep the character instead, I just feel like the story would flow better, if I started again and everything was fresh in my memory.

2nd question: I'm quite the chronological nut, meaning I love to do everything in the correct chronological order it is placed in the story, is there any guides or lists to tell you what zones/quests to do in what order?

3rd question: One of my favourite activities to do is solo enemies that usually require a group to kill, is dragon knight still the best class for this?

4th question: how in-demand are tanks right now? I like to tank in most mmo's.. but that's usually because they find groups instantly xD

5th question: what's the most populated faction right now? i'm not much of a pvper so I would prefer to join the bigger faction to get access to group content quicker rather than spending more time hunting for groups.

Last question: I've completely forgot how auction houses work here, I vaguely remember I had to join a guild in order to access one, is this still the case?
PC - EU.

Best Answers

• Kazouha
    Kazouha
    ✭✭
    1st: That's your choice. If you want to play with that character it's okay. If you want to delete that one make sure to put money and items you want to keep into your bank account. Pets and mounts are bound to your account not your character.

2nd: The correct order of zones depends on the alliance you choose. It won't be too hard to follow the alliance main quest through the zones. It will guide you. Starting zones are Glenumbra, Stonefalls and Auridon. The Soul Shriven quests you can do all at once. Look in one of the wikis for a list of quests.

3rd: That one I cannot answer. It probably depends on how you play, but it is actually not that easy to beat bosses solo.

4th: In-demand! You will find a group instantly.

5th: If you don't play PVP it doesn't matter in which alliance you play. All PVE group content isn't limited to the alliance anymore since One Tamriel. When you are Daggerfall Covenant you can play with Aldmeri Dominion players as well. There is only a separation in alliances in PVP. Since I personally don't play PVP I cannot say which alliance is currently best.

6th: You have to join a trading guild to sell your stuff to other players. To find one you can ask in chat or look here in the forum for guild recruitment anouncements.

Hope, that answers your questions.
    PC/EU

DD Magicka Pet Sorcerer
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! I’ll try to assist with your questions. If they result in more questions, lol, feel free to reply in this thread using @davey1107 or a quote in the post...that’ll flag me so I know to come back to answer.

1. Working to level 20 isn’t that much work, but I wouldn’t necessarily advise deleting the character. You get 8 toons on your account, why not roll one of those slots? My advice would be to try a different class, both to explore the variety and because stamina DKs can be a little...um...boring. Ha. They’re high defense and low offense, which can make playing through slow and laborious. I have DKs...it’s not that they aren’t fun and useful, I just didn’t find them fun for questing. Later, when my account had tons of champion points I could spend on them they played a lot better and I went back and played through some of that content.

2. Quest order. This can now be really confusing to players because you can pick up multiple storylines all over the darn place, lol. My advice is to pick one of the three factions and focus on that faction’s quest line...they generally drop and pick up in a way that will help you stay on the rails, but you can refer to an online guide if you get lost. But I just wrote a long post in another thread about quest lines and order, you can review that here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4596097#Comment_4596097

3. All of the classes have pros and cons, and players who learn the class and know what they’re doing can solo group bosses. For me...for a beginner I would say the strongest would be...hmm...magic Templar. They do decent damage, and come with powerful heals and buffs.

However, be aware that World Bosses (skull and crossbones map markers) were recently made WAY harder. Try we’re adjusted to be tough for four players with 660 champion points...and they are. They could prove lethal for toons without CPs, but knock yourself out. If you want to work your way up to insane solo play, start with delve bosses, then public dungeon bosses, then maybe normal difficulty undaunted dungeon bosses, then world bosses.

4. Tanks are always in demand. However, you’re looking down the road on that...content where tanks are in demand is group content, and that means vet characters with champion points. The thing with the game as it is now is that you can level a toon to vet in about 10 hours. Then all of your toons that are vet are helping you earn champion points in a shared bucket. So you don’t have to play a DK tank to be working toward playing this role in end game content. I recommend starting off with a character/class that’s fun for you now, work them to vet, then quest and work on building champion points with them. If you stick with the game, you might decide to work a couple of toons to vet and have them all working on CPs. I used four vet characters to build my CP bank...the advantage of using multiples is that they can stack the easier xp gains that I liked playing.

5. Factions are less of a factor now. Your character would still pvp within their faction...an EP toon always pvps for EP. however, for all other content the game has been collapsed...you can go anywhere, you’re on the same layers with players of other factions, you can group with other factions. So the main choice is for pvp. In pve you could roll an EP toon and then immediately jump into the AD main quests and never visit EP if you wanted.

6. Guilds maintain guild stores. Stores are always available to members. Then once a week there’s bidding on permanent guild Trader spots all over the world (map marker is a scale on top of a shield). When a guild wins one of these, anyone can access their store. So in terms of buying things you don’t really need to belong to a guild...you can just explore and find the good trade spots (spoiler: wayrest, Elden root, mournhold, rawlkha). In terms of selling things, it’s helpful to belong to a guild,that maintains a Trader. You won’t get many sales otherwise. But traders are expensive and most guilds require weekly “rent” from sellers, usually a $5k or $10k weekly contribution. For sellers who know what they’re doing, this isn’t that costly (i net about $400k/week from my four trade guilds). Before becoming a seller I recommend learning the guild system, learning what things have value, farming and saving up a few of those, then choosing a trade guild once you know the system a bit.

7. You don’t have a seventh question, this is just a tip. You might edit your profile in this forum to include a signature that says what platform / server you’re on. That way when you ask questions you might get offers with more specifics. For example, I have a cheap / reliable trade guild on PS4 NA. Let me know if you want an invite...but if I knew you were on my platform I’d automatically send it. Then when I see people make posts like “where the heck do I get carrots” and they’re on my platform, often I’ll just send them some stuff.
    Answer ✓
  • Berronax
    Berronax
    Thanks for the responses!
    Kazouha wrote: »
    1st: That's your choice. If you want to play with that character it's okay. If you want to delete that one make sure to put money and items you want to keep into your bank account. Pets and mounts are bound to your account not your character.

Awesome, I think i'll start over fresh and just bank some of my items I might sell.
    davey1107 wrote: »
    2. Quest order. This can now be really confusing to players because you can pick up multiple storylines all over the darn place, lol. My advice is to pick one of the three factions and focus on that faction’s quest line...they generally drop and pick up in a way that will help you stay on the rails, but you can refer to an online guide if you get lost. But I just wrote a long post in another thread about quest lines and order, you can review that here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4596097#Comment_4596097

Ah, that's great thanks for that link.
    All of the classes have pros and cons, and players who learn the class and know what they’re doing can solo group bosses. For me...for a beginner I would say the strongest would be...hmm...magic Templar. They do decent damage, and come with powerful heals and buffs.

Cool, I suppose I could also easily look up some guides to see which are the most powerful, but Templar sounds cool.

7. You don’t have a seventh question, this is just a tip. You might edit your profile in this forum to include a signature that says what platform / server you’re on. That way when you ask questions you might get offers with more specifics. For example, I have a cheap / reliable trade guild on PS4 NA. Let me know if you want an invite...but if I knew you were on my platform I’d automatically send it. Then when I see people make posts like “where the heck do I get carrots” and they’re on my platform, often I’ll just send them some stuff.

Ah, woops, I play on PC in the EU server.

This clears up basically everything I wanted to know before I got started again, thanks!
    PC - EU.
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest that you keep your Imperial Dragon Knight. Imperial Dragon Knight makes a great tank.

Now is a good time to queue as a tank and really learn the role in ESO. There are a lot of great guides out there.

I would encourage you strongly to have at least one bar sword and shield and have at least one taunt on your bar.
    After that read some of the end game builds and experiment with what works and why.