The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A heartfelt thank you to Zenimax and the dev team at ESO

TheLastZendai
TheLastZendai
✭✭✭
Where to start?

I started off with Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind back in 2004 on the Xbox. I had rented it from the local video store and tried it, found it too difficult, took it back.
Some months later, decided to give it another try. Stuck with it and was pleasantly surprised at the level of detail in the game, impressed with the main storyline. After that rental, I had to buy it. I found a Game of the Year edition for the Xbox, and from there I fell in love with the land and denizens of Morrowind. I played it almost everyday for 2 years.
Only one thing was missing, it was a singleplayer game and I couldn't share the experience with my family. I resigned myself to the fact that I never would be able to. I'm glad I was wrong.

Then, ESO came out. We all bought it and have been playing it together for over a year now, still, though, one thing was missing, the one place I wanted to adventure in with my family, Vvardenfell.

Then you guys went and made the Morrowind Expansion. I was elated! Finally, the day had arrived!

Here is a pic of myself, Master Bryce Nellsen the Red Wizard (in the middle), along with my wife, Lady Tryss Nellsen the Winter Mage (left), and her brother, Russal Stormwalker the Storm Mage (right), in Balmora (my favourite town in Elder Scrolls III) adventuring.

Screenshot_20171027_225928.jpg

To give this context on how I feel about this, and how grateful I am, let me explain a bit further.

25 years ago, I used to buy and paint lead miniatures on occasion. One day while down in the United States (I'm from Canada), I came across a 2-pak of D&D miniatures, a pair of adventuring mages, a man and woman. The dream of any roleplayer is to have that special someone to adventure with, so I bought them, painted them, and they became my favourite miniatures. I don't have them anymore, but I've never forgotten them.

Little did I imagine I would find that adventuring partner 5 years later and marry her.

20 years and 2 kids later, we're adventuring together in Morrowind. Its enough to bring a tear of joy to my eye.

THANK YOU Zenimax and the dev team at Elder Scrolls Online. You made a long-time dream come true for me. I love you guys and am posting this as a poor substitute for a hug of gratitude. Keep up the good work! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
Edited by TheLastZendai on October 28, 2017 7:40PM
Valorion the Lightbringer, Beacons of Anu"Power wielded without wisdom is power used in weakness."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day while down in the United States (I'm from Canada), I came across a 2-pak of D&D miniatures, a pair of adventuring mages, a man and woman. The dream of any roleplayer is to have that special someone to adventure with, so I bought them, painted them, and they became my favourite miniatures. I don't have them anymore, but I've never forgotten them.

:open_mouth: What! What happened to them? You can't stop the story there, even if you have to make something up!

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheLastZendai
    TheLastZendai
    ✭✭✭
    It was over 20 years ago, lol. I don't remember what happened to them or what I did with them. I do wish I had kept them, though. I still have a clear picture of them in my mind, what they looked like, and what colours I painted them. Maybe I should see if I can find them again online and paint them.
    Edited by TheLastZendai on October 28, 2017 8:09PM
    Valorion the Lightbringer, Beacons of Anu"Power wielded without wisdom is power used in weakness."
  • TheLastZendai
    TheLastZendai
    ✭✭✭
    Did a little digging around online and found two pics of the unpainted miniatures I had:

009.jpgs-l300.jpg
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got my magsorc and duo partner mageblade painted and standing there on the desk while I PvP :)
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Unn_Cygnus
    Unn_Cygnus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your story @CaptRavenous ! I love playing ESO too and I am so grateful the game exists because I've made so many lovely friends through it. :)
  • TheLastZendai
    TheLastZendai
    ✭✭✭
    I found a much better pic of the Adventuring Mages:

RP-11-009.jpg

I'm currently hunting them down online for purchase. If I can get a hold of them, I'm going to paint them as well. I'll keep this thread updated with my progress.

So far, I have sent an e-mail to a person who has a collection of the old Ral Partha D&D miniatures, and he has Adventuring Mages catalogued on his site, so seeing if he's interested in selling them.
    Edited by TheLastZendai on October 29, 2017 7:29PM
  • TheLastZendai
    TheLastZendai
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the guy I contacted didn't have them, but I did find them on e-bay. Unfortunately, don't know if I can get them until after the holidays as my money is all tied up for the rest of the year. Still, once I have the money and make the order, I'll update this thread.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great story and thanks for the positive thread. Too many these days are overly negative. Thanks for sharing your story and I envy you, I wish I could convince my wife that ESO is not a waste of time!
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • TheLastZendai
    TheLastZendai
    ✭✭✭
    Great story and thanks for the positive thread. Too many these days are overly negative. Thanks for sharing your story and I envy you, I wish I could convince my wife that ESO is not a waste of time!

Well, negative people will accentuate the negative, and positive people will accentuate the positive.
    It all depends on what kind of person you want to be. ;)