Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are mundus stone furnishings going to be available outside the crown store?

Zarrakon
Zarrakon
✭✭✭
The patch notes only mentioned these in passing, but they are in the game, in the crown store. Will these be available for writ vouchers as well? Or is there going to be some other way of obtaining them (without crowns)?

(I could get used to nerfs/buffs/whatever, but I'd quit the game if someone on the dev team thinks it's a good idea to make something like this a crown-store exclusive. I'm holding out hope that a way to get them without crowns is going to show up in the next PTS patch or so.)
Edited by Zarrakon on April 27, 2017 5:51AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's store exclusive.

It's only a matter of time before ZOS pulls a huge FU to everyone with exclusive furnishings.

Why I've been against furnishing exclusives since the start.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately crown store exclusive furniture is already a thing. All the Imperial furniture is crown store only.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Unfortunately crown store exclusive furniture is already a thing. All the Imperial furniture is crown store only.
    I have a friend who's played an Imperial since launch, loves Imperials and is super angry that he has to pay RL money to have what others get to works towards in game.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • santos.vellab16_ESO
    Turelus wrote: »
    I have a friend who's played an Imperial since launch, loves Imperials and is super angry that he has to pay RL money to have what others get to works towards in game.

Not that I agree with having Crown exclusive furniture, but I have to point out that your friend had no problem paying extra RL money to play an Imperial in the first place.
    Edited by santos.vellab16_ESO on April 27, 2017 1:11PM
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭

I know, and I think this is already infuriating, but that's still at the point where it's purely cosmetic. And all the functional items on live (target skeletons, stations) are available outside of the crown store.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , could we get an answer to this in the patch notes or somewhere on the forums?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not that I agree with having Crown exclusive furniture, but I have to point out that your friend had no problem paying extra RL money to play an Imperial in the first place.

A fair point, but you cannot purchase an Imperial home in-game with gold unless you have the Imperial upgrade. Then, all the furniture is only purchasable through the Crown Store? Plus, isn't it possible for someone without the Imperial Upgrade to purchase an Imperial home with Crowns, thus bypassing the need to have the Imperial Upgrade in the first place? So, someone who wants to actually play Imperial has to then pay extra for furnishings? Still lame, imho, but on the other hand, most of the Imperial furnishings are just alternates of the Breton furniture, so someone could furnish an Imperial home with Breton furnishings.

But, back to the OPs point, I do agree that Imperial furnishings are at least only cosmetic, and the introduction of furniture that serves an in-game purpose for combat should have a way to be earned in-game.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but I'm actually in favor of crown store exclusive Furnishings.

This is exactly the kind of thing that the crowns should be used for- Cosmetics

This is how they should generate revenue over silly clown crates and ingamw buffs to prevent p2w.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not pay to win so why bother
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭

This is how they should generate revenue over silly clown crates and ingamw buffs to prevent p2w.

The mundus stone furnishings are not just cosmetic. They are fully functioning mundus stones. You can place them in your house and use them to switch mundus stones, or to more easily get/change your second mundus with TBS.

The biggest reason you should be against this is that this is the first time they've added functionality to housing since Homestead launched, and the functionality they add is crown store exclusive.
    Edited by Zarrakon on April 27, 2017 6:10PM
  • wondertroll
    Zarrakon wrote: »

The mundus stone furnishings are not just cosmetic. They are fully functioning mundus stones. You can place them in your house and use them to switch mundus stones, or to more easily get/change your second mundus with TBS.

The biggest reason you should be against this is that this is the first time they've added functionality to housing since Homestead launched, and the functionality they add is crown store exclusive.

I would rather they add more functionality on the crown store. Its the only way I can set myself apart from players that wont be able to buy it with in game gold.

As far as Im concerned, I want a list of all these functionalities which I dont mind spending crowns to buy:

-merchant with repair
    -bank trader with guild bank and guild store function
    -homestead personal wayshrine
    -max limit increased for visitor
    -mount enablement
    -allowing boats to travel to any dock (grand topal hideaway)
    -doors and gate with the ability to command them to open/close at any time

This would be a huge social/lifestyle upgrade for my character
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did I say he had no problem with it? He had no choice but to do that, however three year old issues about how ZOS delivered content isn't really worth drumming up another debate about.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mundus stones still crowns only?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.