Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Scorecard

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Select and a score and tell us why.
Edited by Skoomah on October 26, 2017 5:37PM

PVP Scorecard 53 votes

A - Excellent
0%
B - Good
11%
VilestrideValarMorghulis1896WaffennachtBeardimusRABIDxWOLVERINEAutumnhart 6 votes
C - Needs Some Fixes
39%
SolarikenDeadlyReclusedeepseamk20b14_ESOMyerscodTBoisSugaComabudrowMetemsycosisHutch679bubbyginkKram8ionViciousBunniiEmmagoldmangabriebeTrashs1TrinotopsHecker777PocketAces13xbdoslekisThogard 21 votes
D - Needs Massive Fixes
47%
CavalryPKwheem_ESOmelloni_aleb16_ESOklink012SkoomahToRelaxVizierSedareShadow-FighterDerraPaganiniStrider__RoshinZbigb4lifeWhite wabbitJuhasowMorgul667rivenjrSacredxJawasaelfantasmo 25 votes
F - Fail. I Quit.
1%
Dredlord 1 vote
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D - Needs Massive Fixes
    Needs a lot of fixes: 1) Cyrodiil lag and need to up the player limit to have meaningful large scale battles. 2) Super tank builds have infected the player base. Time to kill is way too long and sometime requires 6+ people to pile on to eliminate a target. 3) Cloak spamming continues to be an overpowered mechanic. 4) Shield stacking spamming continues to be overpowered mechanic. 5) Wardens are unkillable with tree ultimates. Pay to win in some respects. Lots of healing AND lots of damage. What are their weaknesses? 6) Add ons, exploits, and cheats that severely diminish the fun in this game. Even if certain elements are technically allowed by TOS, the spirit of fair play is crapped on. 7) Frequent changes to sets that homogenize all builds.

Overall, if we can get a game that is focused on Rock Paper Scissors gameplay, that would be great. It shouldn't be about being able to kill every combination and build, but it should be about you being more effective at killing certain builds and classes than another person who can kill something else better.

Performance is a big issue too. A lot of people can't reliably get off skills and combos due to lag. Playability is a really big issue.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C - Needs Some Fixes
    I believe the general combat design in this game is excellent and would give it a solid "A" - it is why I love this game. I know animation cancelling is a bug that became a feature but I think it adds some layer of skill and makes the combat more fast paced so I approve of its inclusion. The way light/heavy attacks, dodgerolling, interrupting, and block all work together along with the two bars of 5 skills and an ultimate are good. The overarching design allows for some great fast-paced and fun combat. I didn't think we'd ever have MMO combat design this good on a console.

Having said that there are more specific problems that need to be addressed that bring down the state of PVP in the game. I thought BGs were pretty excellently designed (still do I suppose) but I think adding CP was a big mistake. Drop CP from them again and I would be pretty happy with their state. But they could use some better matchmaking to avoid premade v pugs and a ladder would be nice. Open world Cyro mostly struggles from performance issues. We can all agree it needs to be improved drastically. I also think CP needs to be looked at here as it contributes to what is in my opinion the biggest problem in Cyro: so many unkillable block builds that still do a lot of damage. It seems that everyone is a tank now days and this sort of ruins the fast-paced, fun combat that many enjoy. I don't have a problem with people making dedicated PVP tanks but now days it seems like two well organized small groups can't even kill each other when fighting because of the constant healing ults and blocking that can be done. There are too many stalemate battles.

So in short, excellent base design of the combat system but performance in Cyro needs to be fixed and CP and some trolly builds need to be changed or neutered so that there aren't so many stalemate fights.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C - Needs Some Fixes
    Animation canceling is the biggest problem in this game, time to kill when you are taken by surprise is so fast due to it there is no counter

Then you have the fact that when you see a player information of you most of the time it's these hyper tank builds that are unkillable, running with a single hyper damage dealer where it's not worth getting into the fight so you don't, then once every 100 hours of play you find a small group of like minded players that have average builds with average damage and healing and you get a 5 hour battle for a single keep with 40 to 60 people all of which are killing each other fairly regularly with minor insults and tbags flowing followed by congrats and well dones and messages of how fun it was and hopes that tomorrow is the same ... But it isn't ...cos be these moments are rare and too sparse and this is what needs to be fixed this *** should be common place
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C - Needs Some Fixes
    I'd like to see a fix for this and that would be challenge mode cyrodil

Basically you challenge a group to a game you set up the game and the game plays out for 4 hours , first to emp or most points at ends win and you can play against other guilds or just your own guild but you have to have at least 20 players on all three sides.

Emp does not grant the emp achievement in these game modes to prevent abuse

Ap for leveling works the same but ap awarded to spend is only only awarded for that session so you have to spend it or lose can't be used to farm ap for buying gold gear
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C - Needs Some Fixes
    @bubbygink pretty mich summarize my thoughts.

Im ok with nbs spamming stealth, and sorcs spamming shields. Im personally om with animation canceling. It would be better if zos embrassed it and made a tutorial in game, like an "advanced" training from an npc. Pvp gets interesting when you start to think of timing

Props to the devs on duels!

Bgs are great, but fully agree with it being non cp to have it more fast paced

Would LOVE to be allowed to flag. Type /pvp and you can pvp anywhere. A social window could show who is flagged on what map. It allows people to look for others specifically. /rp would allow anyone in a group yo pvp within that group.

Cyrodill needs more! Its the same old.
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D - Needs Massive Fixes
    I am damaged by sorcerer and read it as "PVP Sorccard" :s
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on October 26, 2017 9:43PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - Good
    Very limited experience with PVP but It was fun. I wasn't very good though so I haven't really been back. I'm much better at killing monsters than players :(
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C - Needs Some Fixes
    Needs fixes but also players too
    I've been in cyrodil for a couple of years now and basically doing the same stuffs, never cared about leader boards or ap farming but now there's not many players in campaign I'm sitting around the 20s on leader boards, it's the highest I've ever been and I'm certainly not top player.
    My main focus is to make enough ap each week for the golden and door repairs(wall seiges are rare these days)
    Being in oceanic zone does of course affect this greatly but cyrodil needs a new draw card
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D - Needs Massive Fixes
    The actual PvP might get a C because It's still fun but...

It gets a D because there are SO many areas that need fixing and not just tweaking.

1. A v A v A mechanics need rework. Needs some kind of mechanism to determine who is fighting both sides the most and give them a bonus based on the ratio of number of players fighting players from both alliances and fighting for objectives. This could go a long way to breaking up Teams, Green, Purple and Orange.
    2. Accounts need to be restricted to 1 alliance per campaign, so no ability to hop in and out of alliances.
    3. ZoS needs to get a handle on those receiving digital assistance from 3rd party progs.
    4. Miat's and other addons that give heads up on players in stealth, players actions, need to GT*O of the game.
    5. Class balance is getting better but it's NOT there yet. (Sorcs need to be backhanded and nerfed hard. Especially their execute. Under no circumstances should it take up to 20 players to bring down one of these new super tanks.)
    6. Need more meaningful objectives that effect campaign in Cryodiil to spread out the fighting and put the whole map to use.
    7. Performance is terrible- Need to be able to turn off ALL lighting effects.
    8. Need to be able to train mounts with gold. Even if it's incrementally more expensive per extra training per day.
    9. Non instant / extended Self cast AOE's need to be far weaker than ground target types. A 12% nerf to EOTF is laughable. Removing a sorc stun and then adding another when they already have Streak is..umm. :neutral:
    Edited by Vizier on October 26, 2017 11:11PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F - Fail. I Quit.
    the problem is most people think the game is poorly balanced not realizing the imbalance they see is just cheating.

The people cheating these days are smart about it, not using unlimited ulti or padding stats to ridiculous levels, flying etc.

they use auto dodge, block, invis, heal shield. Pad stats like plus healing/incoming heal that cant be seen by enemies.

It's too bad ZOS is so poorly run they let this go. The longer they let this go the faster the game will die as people become more aware of it and decide to educate themselves.

Too bad the developers don't have more integrity like other game companies. It was nice to see Destiny2 banned 400 people right at pc release, AND ACTUALLY COMMUNICATED IT.

I have seen this "head up your [snip] approach" kill so many good pvp mmo's over the years.

[Edited to remove profanity]

Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 27, 2017 8:31PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C - Needs Some Fixes
    CP in Cyro is fine I suppose but in BG not a fan. Go back to original no CP BG.

Get rid of miats so we can stop hearing people cry about it.

Buff medium a bit. Give the HA babies back their wrath.

Stop having boring set bonuses for 2,3,and 4 pieces. A couple of sets are cool and not just carbon copies of others just rearranged slightly.

Make a PvP mode or server that makes you pick a pre made light, medium, or heavy set. There are 4 sets per type. Nothing that would be considered BiS by today’s standards. No proc stuff. Why? I don’t know, it’s just sounds like it would be fun. People would no longer have an excuse to say this game is all 100% gear and 0% skill. The people that say this are bad, this would be a chance for them to put their money where their mouth is.

Add a mode to BG where groups can throw down gold and whoever wins gets the pot split between the members of the winning team. Minimum bet 10k per person.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B - Good
    Dredlord wrote: »
    the problem is most people think the game is poorly balanced not realizing the imbalance they see is just cheating.

The people cheating these days are smart about it, not using unlimited ulti or padding stats to ridiculous levels, flying etc.

they use auto dodge, block, invis, heal shield. Pad stats like plus healing/incoming heal that cant be seen by enemies.

It's too bad ZOS is so poorly run they let this go. The longer they let this go the faster the game will die as people become more aware of it and decide to educate themselves.

Too bad the developers don't have more integrity like other game companies. It was nice to see Destiny2 banned 400 people right at pc release, AND ACTUALLY COMMUNICATED IT.

I have seen this "head up your [snip] approach" kill so many good pvp mmo's over the years.

Sounds like an entirely PC problem

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 27, 2017 8:31PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F - Fail. I Quit.
    Dredlord wrote: »

I have seen this "head up your ass approach" kill so many good pvp mmo's over the years.

Sounds like an entirely PC problem

You are entirely right and perhaps I see it more easily as I also play ps4 na as well.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    D - Needs Massive Fixes
    The lag.... Is so bad. Even under calm conditions.

https://youtu.be/7GsQVrm9yOk
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    D - Needs Massive Fixes
    Block with sword and shield needs massive overhaul along with it's extremely cheap and effective ultimate. Should lose the ultimate when you bar swap. Too many guys pop sword and shield ultimate and then switch over to two handed (or insert dps here) for a no risk dps dump. Then switch back to sword and shield to hold block all the while regaining resources and ultimate.

Then...

Healing is too strong. Major defile doesn't seem to be effective enough even with 75 points invested in befoul.

Why? Because

Templars purging Ritual needs and overhaul. Doesn't cost enough and purging every possible counter at any time is getting out of hand. Major defile to counter healing, purged. Cost increase poison to limit healing and blocking, purged.

The problem is that counters are being countered and sometimes that counter has a counter!!!

Need to limit counters to skill A is countered by skill B. Stop giving counter B a counter C and a counter D to counter C lol. If you can follow that give me a thumbs up ;)

Oh and this is just a small list. The list can go on!!!