Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alternative to Moondancer / Infallible sets for mDK

Cybercore_Death
Cybercore_Death
✭✭✭
I’ve been running an mDK for a while now and have the 5 Julianos / 5 BSW (and Sun) / 1 Iceheart setup.

I’m looking at the 5 BSW / 4 MD or IA / 2 Skoria or Groth setup and wondered if there is a decent alternative to MD / IA till I can get round to farming either.
I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • death_pudding
    Willpower jewelry is a fine alternative to IA/MD jewelry
    PS4 NA PSN: death_pudding

| vHRC HM | vSO HM | vAA HM | vMOL | vHOF | vAS +1s | vCR | vMA Flawless | vDSA |

Magblade
    Stamblade
    DK Tank

• Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be worth using Martial Knowledge in place of Willpower to get the 4 piece bonus rather than wasting a slot?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want. juilanos+BSW is a viable alternative.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Would it be worth using Martial Knowledge in place of Willpower to get the 4 piece bonus rather than wasting a slot?

Yes. Very viable indeed.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    If you want. juilanos+BSW is a viable alternative.

I’m running that already with a 1 piece monster helm. Ideally I was looking for a 2 piece monster helm build with a decent 4 piece to replace MD / IA till I get round to farming them.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Yes. Very viable indeed.

This is good to know thanks oh.

In terms of body / jewellery pieces does it matter how they’re arranged?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Yes. Very viable indeed.

Not really. As long as you have a MK staff on one bar you're good to go :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Very viable indeed.

Not really. As long as you have a MK staff on one bar you're good to go :)

Awesome. Thank you. Managed to drop on an MK staff for front and back bar. Got one shock and one flame. In terms of skills so they need to be set up different to benefit from the sets in use or just follow the “usual” as it were?
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Before ive got Moondancer 4 pieces i used Martial 4 pieces, works fine.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 BSW 2 Gothgarr 4 Spinner/Elegent/Mothers Sorrow/Martial Knowledge are all OK in my book and easy to get before you get into the trial grind. I went 4 elegent as you can get gold jewerly and I dont do trials
    Edited by Banana on October 28, 2017 10:32AM
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Thanks guys :-)
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran 1pc Iceheart, 5pc Sun, & 5pc Juli last patch (adapted from the Alcast build) and parsed between 29-30k on the dummy.

At the suggestion of one of my guildies, I've since switched to 2pc Grothdarr, 5pc BSW, 1pc vMA inferno (frontbar, infused), and 3/4pc IA (3pc on the frontbar with jewelry, 4pc on the backbar with IA lightning staff).

I'm now parsing slightly over 32k, AND I have much better AoE for clearing trash mobs (from Grothdarr, and the vMA staff effect when applied to lightning heavy attacks). Would definitely recommend this setup over the previous one.

Numbers are a little lower as I'm unfortunately a Breton instead of Dunmer.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    I ran 1pc Iceheart, 5pc Sun, & 5pc Juli last patch (adapted from the Alcast build) and parsed between 29-30k on the dummy.

At the suggestion of one of my guildies, I've since switched to 2pc Grothdarr, 5pc BSW, 1pc vMA inferno (frontbar, infused), and 3/4pc IA (3pc on the frontbar with jewelry, 4pc on the backbar with IA lightning staff).

I'm now parsing slightly over 32k, AND I have much better AoE for clearing trash mobs (from Grothdarr, and the vMA staff effect when applied to lightning heavy attacks). Would definitely recommend this setup over the previous one.

Numbers are a little lower as I'm unfortunately a Breton instead of Dunmer.

That pretty much seems to be the way to go now for mDK builds (from what I’ve read anyway). I don’t have any vMA weapons (as I’ve yet to complete it sadly) and I don’t have a minor slayer set yet either. They’re both on my list of things to get but looking for an in between set to keep me going till then that allows use of skoria or groth.

In terms of skills / staff setup how do you run it? I noticed Alcast swapped elem blockade to shock bar for more off balance but I’m wondering if it’s worth keeping blockade on front bar (seen as burning effect from BSW increases damage) and using a charged staff on the back bar for more off balance from the staff itself?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Running lightning blockade on the backbar will get you better numbers in solo content and dummy parses because you don't have any other sources of whip procs apart from rearming trap. But I found it hella awkward to use, since the typical mDK rotation only brings you to your backbar every 18-ish seconds (to reapply eruption, FoO and trap) which is pretty habitual to me at this point.

In a raid scenario you'll have all the off-balance you need from magsorcs and magblades to a lesser extent, so I stick with fire blockade frontbar for the sheer damage output it provides.

Either way you won't spend enough time on the backbar for a charged backbar staff to provide much benefit. YouTubers have been suggesting nirn'd, but personally I prefer Sharpened on the backbar since it's the only trait that carries over to the frontbar in the context of ground-targeted AoEs (in this case Eruption and Standard. Not sure about FoO yet, I'll have to test it).

Interestingly though, according to Gilliam, charged on the frontbar is now BiS for solo content (topping even infused).
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 28, 2017 12:58PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Running lightning blockade on the backbar will get you better numbers in solo content and dummy parses because you don't have any other sources of whip procs apart from rearming trap. But I found it hella awkward to use, since the typical mDK rotation only brings you to your backbar every 18-ish seconds (to reapply eruption, FoO and trap) which is pretty habitual to me at this point.

In a raid scenario you'll have all the off-balance you need from magsorcs and magblades to a lesser extent, so I stick with fire blockade frontbar for the sheer damage output it provides.

Either way you won't spend enough time on the backbar for a charged backbar staff to provide much benefit. YouTubers have been suggesting nirn'd, but personally I prefer Sharpened on the backbar since it's the only trait that carries over to the frontbar in the context of ground-targeted AoEs (in this case Eruption and Standard. Not sure about FoO yet, I'll have to test it).

Interestingly though, according to Gilliam, charged on the frontbar is now BiS for solo content (topping even infused).

That’s pretty much the problem I found with it. It’s just doesn’t flow naturally with the rotation due to timings.

Actually didn’t know that about sharpened. Some good info. I’m running infused atm for both my 5 Julianos, 5 Sun / BSW / 1 Iceheart and my 5 BSW, 4 MK and 2 Skoria / Groth. I’ve got flame staff front with shock enchant and shock back with weapon damage enchant in both instances.

On a lazy rotation I hit around 22k (give or take). Once I get myself in gear and grind out vMA / Slayer gear I reckon I’ll be in a better position overall.

I’m quite surprised by charged being a BiS option. I’ll have to check his updates out :-)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

That’s pretty much the problem I found with it. It’s just doesn’t flow naturally with the rotation due to timings.

Actually didn’t know that about sharpened. Some good info. I’m running infused atm for both my 5 Julianos, 5 Sun / BSW / 1 Iceheart and my 5 BSW, 4 MK and 2 Skoria / Groth. I’ve got flame staff front with shock enchant and shock back with weapon damage enchant in both instances.

On a lazy rotation I hit around 22k (give or take). Once I get myself in gear and grind out vMA / Slayer gear I reckon I’ll be in a better position overall.

I’m quite surprised by charged being a BiS option. I’ll have to check his updates out :-)

I've been using charged since homestead. Especially on a lightning/fire DK it shines as you provide a lot of damage to your group through off-balance and constant burning.

I'm reaching around 37k with it on a 6 million dummy. Also using a lightning blockade by the way.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Architect.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

I've been using charged since homestead. Especially on a lightning/fire DK it shines as you provide a lot of damage to your group through off-balance and constant burning.

I'm reaching around 37k with it on a 6 million dummy. Also using a lightning blockade by the way.

That’s actually really good to know. Especially suing Lightning Blockade as well.

Would you mind giving us a quick run of what you use gear / skill bars wise? And in terms of CP as well just so I can compare to how I’m running.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Master Architect.

It’s on my list to farm at some point...

Would you mind tuning through your gear setup and skill bars?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

That’s actually really good to know. Especially suing Lightning Blockade as well.

Would you mind giving us a quick run of what you use gear / skill bars wise? And in terms of CP as well just so I can compare to how I’m running.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/309550/elemental-fury-pve-heavy-attack-dk-build-hotr-ready/p1

You can find all of it here.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/309550/elemental-fury-pve-heavy-attack-dk-build-hotr-ready/p1

I thought I recognised your name. I’ve stumbled across your build page before and found it quite interesting.

For someone looking to get into vMA at some point in the near future have you got any advice for running with an mDK?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

I thought I recognised your name. I’ve stumbled across your build page before and found it quite interesting.

For someone looking to get into vMA at some point in the near future have you got any advice for running with an mDK?

Yes. Run a restoration staff back bar with rapid regen. Charged Lightning staff front bar with a shock enchantment and flame lash and elemental blockade. Tons of self-healing and great damage.

I'll update the guide this weekend, I have a lot of university stuff to do at the moment.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Run a restoration staff back bar with rapid regen. Charged Lightning staff front bar with a shock enchantment and flame lash and elemental blockade. Tons of self-healing and great damage.

I'll update the guide this weekend, I have a lot of university stuff to do at the moment.

Awesome. Thanks man. I look forward to the update :-)