Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS, thanks a lot for assassin's will change!

Neloth
Neloth
✭✭✭✭
Well, the title.

Without that clunky cast time, I can finally use the skill without cancelling it half of the time.

Moreover, I can finally slot it on back bar, proc it on resto with bar with a barswap to DW - really nice buff for melee play style.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is unheard of for Templar skills, so grats I guess. :#
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's all just remember the nice things like this that happen next time we say "ZOS hates Nightblades" everyone.

This update has a lot of quality of life changes, I really hope they keep them coming strong like this in future updates.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Let's all just remember the nice things like this that happen next time we say "ZOS hates Nightblades" everyone.

This update has a lot of quality of life changes, I really hope they keep them coming strong like this in future updates.

Well, with cloak fixed in homestead I feel like those threads almost disappeared. But, tbh, the fact it took 0.75 year for them to fix it makes a lot of people really angry, and I can't blame them.

Anyway, the game is going in the right direction (in my opinion), so let's be happy and support our developers.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

Well, with cloak fixed in homestead I feel like those threads almost disappeared. But, tbh, the fact it took 0.75 year for them to fix it makes a lot of people really angry, and I can't blame them.

Anyway, the game is going in the right direction (in my opinion), so let's be happy and support our developers.
    Cloak is still breaking on a lot of stuff. Sheer venom dot is still unrightfully being reflected by volatile armor, and that damage return is breaking cloak. This is still not fixed.

But as far as the topic goes, thanks ZOS.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How was assassins Will changed? I don't use it but interested to now whats been changed.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    How was assassins Will changed? I don't use it but interested to now whats been changed.

They removed 100ms cast time when you fire the bow. Before the change that cast time resulted in cancelling the projective, if you blocked/bar swapped during the cast time. By cancelling I mean it won't fire at all, but still consuming those 5 LA.

More annoying is that you main burst skills (soul harvest and fear) are cancellable, so you had to think twice before doing anything.

on melee NB now you can even slot it back bar, proc it on resto, and with bar swap get the dmg modifiers from you DW(main dmg bar). Last patched I've tried hard to perform that, but I either canceled the projective or got dmg modifiers from back bar (which lacks sharp/nirn traits and second 5-piece bonus from set), which is usually huge dmg loss.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, ZOS did a good job this patch, all around good change-

...wait, what's that I see?

"Malevolent Offering"

ZOS still hates nightblades :disappointed:
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Cloak isn't fixed lol
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

"Malevolent Offering"

Malevolent Offering is fantastic for PVE healers. Adding it in is the biggest bone ZOS has thrown to non-meta healers in the history of the game. Just because it doesn't synergize with standard mageblade PVP builds doesn't mean it doesn't work for mageblades in general.
    Edited by casparian on October 25, 2017 2:40PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

"Malevolent Offering"

Malevolent Offering is fantastic for PVE healers. Adding it in is the biggest bone ZOS has thrown to non-meta healers in the history of the game. Just because it doesn't synergize with standard mageblade PVP builds doesn't mean it doesn't work for mageblades in general.

Yes, but there are other HoTs already available to magicka NBs in PvE, HoTs that you don't risk your and/or your raid's life casting. Malevolent Offering cast at the wrong time (i.e. before some random unavoidable dmg)=dead.

...I just feel they could've done so much more with the skill (and the first iteration was better imo).
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak fixed lmao.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Malevolent Offering"

What shocks me about the upset over this is... no one used it before, no one has to use it now. However because it changed everyone has to suddenly be mad the skill never on anyone's bar is still bad.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Malevolent Offering"

What shocks me about the upset over this is... no one used it before, no one has to use it now. However because it changed everyone has to suddenly be mad the skill never on anyone's bar is still bad.

That is a fair point.

I'm not mad personally, just disappointed.

Love the Assassin's Will change though.
    Edited by DDuke on October 25, 2017 4:30PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, removing agony on its own is a good change, since it was encouraging horse-ganking, which is just sick
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to the new agony in pvp, I tried replacing healing ward with it and was getting destroyed due to its damage. no surprise there. Just throwing myself into burst range, even with a decent dampen magic size on a necro build( i play with shields), i couldnt really get my health pool back up when i got pressured. But I was actually getting alright results by replacing my dampen magic with healthy offering instead. yea, just alright, but just to put some results out there:

basically i was just casting agony to force my health down a bit then throwing a healing ward on top of it. with hots from swallow soul, healthy offering itself, and leeching strikes, i got the health i sacrificed back pretty quick. I was getting like 2.5k crits on healthy offering, not quite sure what i was critting on the other two hots, but lets just say i didnt feel horribly disadvantaged when i was trying to play this way. I did feel that i was having an easier time sustaining since i didn't need to cast two shields that cost ~4k each, but just one. However casting healthy offering was getting me killed still if i casted it at a bad time.

Anyway its still all a pretty hazardous or atleast weird way to get our survivability, but give it a whirl i guess, and give zos more reasons as to why this skill is or is not lacking or should be overhauled completely again or something.

Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cloak is not fixed.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Malevolent Offering"

Not quite. Prolonged suffering was a good range dot to compliment damage to cripple and use it as another tool to proc skoria. Templars and dks can proc skoria every 5 secs guaranteed. Now mageblades have a tougher time with one less dot. It was a essentially a Nerf In favor of a really pointless skill. I don't know how Zos interpreted their data to come to the conclusion that mageblade NB needed another heal. What we really need is a shield or some other defensive skill to provide an alternative to cloak gameplay. Something more effective than annulment.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

"Malevolent Offering"

Not quite. Prolonged suffering was a good range dot to compliment damage to cripple and use it as another tool to proc skoria. Templars and dks can proc skoria every 5 secs guaranteed. Now mageblades have a tougher time with one less dot. It was a essentially a Nerf In favor of a really pointless skill. I don't know how Zos interpreted their data to come to the conclusion that mageblade NB needed another heal. What we really need is a shield or some other defensive skill to provide an alternative to cloak gameplay. Something more effective than annulment.

For PVP, sure. But it seems pretty clear the addition of Malevolent Offering was intended as a buff to nightblade PVE healers, and not a change made primarily with PVP in mind at all.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me by surprise the first time I used it. I was like "Did it go off? Oh. It already did its damage!"
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a nb healer in PvE i don't see a reason to put this skill on my bar ...
    It is not like nb were lacking healing. What they are lacking is damage and/or sustain buffs and synergies for allies and Malevolent Offering changes nothing in this regard.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is not like nb were lacking healing. What they are lacking is damage and/or sustain buffs and synergies for allies and Malevolent Offering changes nothing in this regard.

Well; they got a sustain buff this patch also.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Sustain buff? Did I miss something?
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes yes yes very good, I agree... Can they add 1 second to the duration now please
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Sustain buff? Did I miss something?

In the patch notes. Not huge but it is a buff. And I find I get more out of it.

Nightblade
    Assassination
    Executioner: This passive ability no longer requires you to get the killing blow with an Assassination ability to trigger its resource return; it now has a 2-second grace period after damaging the enemy with an Assassination ability where it can still trigger the proc. It also now restores either Magicka or Stamina, whichever you have a higher maximum of, and restores that resource instantly instead of over 6 seconds.