The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Banished Cells 2

wesmont65
wesmont65
✭✭
Ok, yesterday's pledge was BC II, so me and 3 guildmates went for a vet run. I haven't been in this dungeon before so I didn't know the mechanics.
There was no problem at all, we've burned everything to the ground and then we've reached the final boss, high Kinglord Rilis. We've tried that on HM, wiped 3 times and on the forth we've managed to kill him.
I know that when he bubbles a player depending if it's a blue or a red bubble, when you land again you should run straight to the appropriate circle, blue or red, to dispel the dot that's on you.
I also know that when the 2 healing bubbles spawn, it's my highest priority as dps to destroy them because if they reach the boss they significant heal him.
Is there any other mechanics I should know that I couldn't figure out during the fight?

Final note: I've received 1 crystal from Rilis and 2 more when I've completed the pledge.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if you are going for HM, it might be a good idea to just kill all daedroths untill boss is very low. Then stop dps on boss, wait for 3 daedroth to spawn and then kill boss. If you keep 3 daedroths alive during the entire fight you will be spammed with CC's among the likes even magDK's cannot pull off. As a healer this will become your most hated fight if that happens. This will often be a reason groups wipe on this boss.
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Well, if you are going for HM, it might be a good idea to just kill all daedroths untill boss is very low. Then stop dps on boss, wait for 3 daedroth to spawn and then kill boss. If you keep 3 daedroths alive during the entire fight you will be spammed with CC's among the likes even magDK's cannot pull off. As a healer this will become your most hated fight if that happens. This will often be a reason groups wipe on this boss.

Yap, we've wiped once because of that and our healer told me to stop attacking the 3 deadroths. I didn't quite understand that part, can you explain it a little more.

I know that when Rilis teleports, a daedroth and 2 healing bubbles spawn where he was at, so we have to destroy the bubbles asap and then the daedroth, at which point we should stop attacking the boss and let 3 daedroths alive?
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around the 50% mark, less if your group has terrible DPS.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• karmarcharger
    karmarcharger
    Soul Shriven
    Tank face the daedroth away from the DPS because new daedroths has ground smash stun and fireball stun, which is deadly for dps who are not keeping an eye out for them.... If dps is very low, bring boss HP to 10% and wait for daedroth to spawn...
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Tanking the daedroths away from the boss is a good tactic if there is a good DPS in the team. With lower DPS it's much easier to just keep them close to the boss and let them die to AOEs, then stop damaging daedroths/tank away when boss is getting low on health.

Yesterday I've had a run when people failed to stop DPS even though only two were alive, the third one spawned just a split second before the boss died to some dot. Luck :)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wesmont65 wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »

Yap, we've wiped once because of that and our healer told me to stop attacking the 3 deadroths. I didn't quite understand that part, can you explain it a little more.

I know that when Rilis teleports, a daedroth and 2 healing bubbles spawn where he was at, so we have to destroy the bubbles asap and then the daedroth, at which point we should stop attacking the boss and let 3 daedroths alive?
    What I would do if I was having trouble is letting the tank taunt boss + daedroths. Kill the daedroth asap when it spawns and return to dps on the boss. When you need to stop killing daedroths and going full dps on the boss kind of depends on how good your dps is. It is a matter of timing.

But if you want to play safe, just dps the boss until he has like 150k health left. Then just stay alive and wait untill 3 daedroths spawn and kill boss quickly.

Your healer was probably just scared you would kill too many daedroths and kill boss at the same time, and failing HM.

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have 150k HP left - kill him. it is 3-5 secs depending on how good is your dps.

Also, you might purge the DOTs after you come back from the bubbles. Templar Purify, PVP Purge can do this.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Tanking this boss before i quit ESO. The way i did it was ask group just to kill everything until boss was at low level health. Wait until 3 Daedra came out and Tanked them well away from boss whilst group burned that King down. Awsome Vet Dung.
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Non hm is pretty easy - you've pretty much already listed all the mechanics in it. In hm you need 3 Daedroth alive when boss dies and it just really depends on the group. If group's dps is really high and the tank is very reliable, sometimes people won't kill Daedroth at all, just burn the boss asap and have tank hold the daedroth(a good tank can hold quite a few more than 3 if needed, too). If group's dps is low, you dps boss til he's low on health(execute stage, say ~20% for example), then leave boss alone til he summons 3 daedroth, then burn the boss. It is safer that way. The exact % at which you stop damaging the boss in this scenario depends solely on your group and it's generally a good idea to talk it over before engaging - "hey guys, dps til 20% then wait for daedroth? - Make that 15 - Sure", something like that.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, they have really stepped up the mechanics on BC2. We found the best strategy was let the tank handle 1 or 2 Daedroth during the fight, and the DPS just focused on the boss as much as possible. When he got down to about 5% health, we just held off until the 3rd Daedroth came out and then burned the boss. It was still a long fight with lots of things to watch out for. We did Vet COA earlier and we all commented that was easier :)
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Haha i also remember Tanking it along time ago and had 5 or 6 Daedra on me. It was such fun but really difficult. I must have been a pretty ok Tank eventually,handling that many Daedra at a time whilst still taunting boss. Cause i sucked at Tanking big time when game got launched
    Edited by sickboy2808 on October 31, 2017 7:39PM
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...