The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor Skills Requiring 5-piece, Symptom of PvP and PvE homogenization.

Fyrscha
Fyrscha
✭✭
Is anyone else mad about this? My sorcerer tank gets screwed out of a major ability now.

Upon reading notes and asking my guilds, apparently this is yet another change in mechanics to balance PvP.

Devs, I hope you read this... Please stop this ***. It's been blatantly clear for the last 10+ years of MMOs that trying to use the same class mechanics for PvP and PvE is destined to fail and end up a luke-warm mess that doesn't make anyone happy.

At least 5 times in the last 2 years I've lost abilities on my characters' builds or had mechanical nerfs for seemingly no reason, only to find out they're always done for "PvP balance". This is infuriating. You need to have separate mechanics for PvE and PvP. This aint news, and you should do better by your community.
Edited by Fyrscha on October 26, 2017 5:57PM
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    this has been asked for, for a long time now by pvp'ers.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyrscha wrote: »
    Is anyone else mad about this? My sorcerer tank gets screwed out of a major ability now.

Upon reading notes and asking my guilds, apparently this is yet another change in mechanics to balance PvP.

Devs, I hope you read this... Please stop this ***. It's been blatantly clear for the last 10+ years of MMOs that trying to use the same class mechanics for PvP and PvE is destined to fail and end up a luke-warm mess that doesn't make anyone happy.

At least 5 times in the last 2 years I've lost abilities on my characters' builds or had mechanical nerfs for seemingly no reason, only to find out they're always done for "PvP balance". This is infuriating. You need to have separate mechanics for PvE and PvP. This aint news, and you should do better by your community.

Nope. Thats why i Never crutch on broken in game mechanics, So FAR no patch has really broken a build of mine. In fact usually they get buffs
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.