Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like a free for all pvp zone

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i would LOVE this sooo much!
    please do this!!
    a free for all campaign would ROCK!!!!!!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    how much u want to bet this might just be the fix for LAGG!

^ this!^
  • Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Full of delirium. Now there is a disgrace only in Cyrodiil, and there will be disgrace in all locations of the game.
      And what in the end? Out of 10 million players, only 300 cheaters will play.
      They will run in packs in locations, and kill everyone.
      If I do not play, return my money.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    how much u want to bet this might just be the fix for LAGG!

^ this!^

W0t

Did you just agree with yourself?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As I have said multiple times this zone would be every man for themselves. Sure people might try to “group up but it would be ones and twos because any more than that and the risk of crossfire is insane. Grouping would be officially disabled. That means no buffs from your friends no heals. No need for bombers because zergs wouldn’t exhist. This would be a zone where you can run around and look for players to kill and someone else might come along and try to kill both of you. It’s a very different dynamic than we have ever had in be game because if a large group of players were to converge. you have to literally be aware of every skill being cast around you because you never know if any one of the 4-6 people who are around you are targeting you or the 4-6 other players. It would require more strategy to survive skirmishes. And when everyone else is dead you get that last victory cry as you are the last one standing. Until I come along and gank you ;) but at that point you can’t even get mad because you survived a epic fight and was the victor. This kind of zone would focus more on a smaller scale of combat which could very well reduce the lag you would normally experience in normal pvp. Seeing as a zerg wouldn’t be running around casting who know how many skills dots and aoes.
    Edited by Shadowasrial on October 26, 2017 3:06AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This is so anti Zerg ...
    I approve
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if they had a 'hostile-toggling' system like the old Diablo 2 system.

Basically, pretend you're in a normal PVE zone you can toggle on 'Hostile Mode' and basically any player who also has hostile mode activated can attack you and you can do likewise.

We can add an element of risk/reward while having Hostile mode too but I haven't really thought of that yet.

And if you don't like the system? Never toggle 'hostile-mode' and no one can ever attack you.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    only thing is flagging stuff, how would that work?
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    No
    How would you like a pvp zone that is every man for themselves. I propose a zone in coldharbor which is by lore a mirror realm of nirn. So why not a mirror realm of cyrodil? A zone where the object is to become the warlord or some coldharbor equivalent. A second form of currency in the form of souls would be the be Alliance point you earn for killing players. Or even use telvar. To increase on the leaderboard one must return to a projection of Molag bal. and turn in the souls of the dead or “telvar. Who ever has the highest soul count at the end is of the camp is named warlord. Earns a unique coldharbor emp themed costume a dye and access to buy a new coldharbor throne. New ranks can be added to this realm. All players fend for themselves. No zergs, friendly fire is active. Replace the keeps with coldharbor citidels where Molag bals captains and generals reside and to kill them gives you a buff that allows you to retain a larger portion of souls if you die. The more bosses you kill the greater percentage of souls you retain upon death. Allowing players who are proven in battle to turn in more souls ( skill based advantage ) and advance on leaderboards. And yes I know some of you are screaming well what about healers. Well unfortunately I would say that regrettably for this zone a respec for a damage build is recommended. Comment your opinions below.

It's a nice idea, but fails on several fronts. Here is why:

1. The vast majority of players are pve, which will make it hard to commission something of this large scale.
    2. The existing pvp player base is barely large enough to have an interactive pvp campaign as it is. Introducing another pvp map will subdivide them even further.
    3. Lets say by some miracle that it gets developed. The top players will have skills and awareness of mechanics and how to use them to full potential. The average joe blog (which is most of the players) will have no chance and will quickly leave to never return. That leaves just a few high skilled players to duke it out for the title that vast majority of players do not care about. When those skilled players realise that there is no one to fight most of them will also leave and you will end up with an empty map.
    4. The average player relies on teamwork to counter the skilled opponents because it makes them feel good that they can work as a team and maybe beat the strong groups AND the skilled players rely on the average players to make sure that they can outnumber them and beat them and feel good about themselves. You need both incentives to have any chance of success.
    5. Not to mention the healers and tanks; you have pretty much ruled out those players from the start.

Feel free to counter my point with your own if you think otherwise and care enough about your concept.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sacredx wrote: »
    While I do agree with some of your points to a degree you also forget that many players that used to bolster the pvp population have left because there was nothing new for cyrodil and a new type of pvp that’s not rng based but rather a structured ffa that both rewards the players who join and give them something to shoot for. And remember. It’s a totally different dynamic that will appeal to many players who don’t like playing in large groups. This server would be more friendly to the causal player than the other servers because while many elite player do exhist they often are only elite because of of the players they are with. I’ve knocked quite a few so called elites around when they are all by themselves. With groups disabled many of these elite groups will be much easier to deal with. Yes you will come across people who can 1vx but one other thing I would propose to this is that they make a non Cp camp and a cp camp. So 1vx in a non champ is much harder. Regardless of what they do in the future there needs to be a new type of structured pvp because you can’t have this one world for pvp for the next 7 years it won’t work.
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    How would you like a pvp zone that is every man for themselves. I propose a zone in coldharbor which is by lore a mirror realm of nirn. So why not a mirror realm of cyrodil? A zone where the object is to become the warlord or some coldharbor equivalent. A second form of currency in the form of souls would be the be Alliance point you earn for killing players. Or even use telvar. To increase on the leaderboard one must return to a projection of Molag bal. and turn in the souls of the dead or “telvar. Who ever has the highest soul count at the end is of the camp is named warlord. Earns a unique coldharbor emp themed costume a dye and access to buy a new coldharbor throne. New ranks can be added to this realm. All players fend for themselves. No zergs, friendly fire is active. Replace the keeps with coldharbor citidels where Molag bals captains and generals reside and to kill them gives you a buff that allows you to retain a larger portion of souls if you die. The more bosses you kill the greater percentage of souls you retain upon death. Allowing players who are proven in battle to turn in more souls ( skill based advantage ) and advance on leaderboards. And yes I know some of you are screaming well what about healers. Well unfortunately I would say that regrettably for this zone a respec for a damage build is recommended. Comment your opinions below.

I like the idea but asking it to be for free is unrealistic in my opinion.
    If something similar comes to happen it will be in a new dlc/chapter like battlegrounds or Imperial City.
    Edited by Pastas on October 26, 2017 1:04PM
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did this in Dark Age of Camelot. Result welp, it was the lowest pop server. Not worth it imo plus everyone would be NBs waiting to gank/grief people.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    only thing is flagging stuff, how would that work?

all would have to do is allow flaggs to be flagged on castles and resources to go to guild tabbards instead of alliance :)
    Icky wrote: »
    They did this in Dark Age of Camelot. Result welp, it was the lowest pop server. Not worth it imo plus everyone would be NBs waiting to gank/grief people.

different day, different time, different players, and most certainly was a different game has nothing to do with current elderscrolls online game.
    nothing wrong with giving it a try.
    just might be the very best thing ever happened to eso.
    allow eso a chance to be and do what it does best.
    being different from the rest :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    allowing the flaggs to be guild tabbards instead of alliance tabbards would be so awesome for the guilds.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You already have a Zone-wide PvP free-for-all Zone.

It's called Cyrodiil.

It's not free for all. It's faction based.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Also btw for all you pve players who suck at pvp and whine that we already have a full world map for pvp let’s not forget that you have 75% of the entire game map as it stands today and once the game is fully finished and all the zones are released that will drop the increase your playable space to well over 95% of the entire map belonging to pve. So if players want a zone for pvp that if you enter of your own volition then let them have it. You have plenty of other zones to play in. Meanwhile cyrodil has been virtually unchanged since day 1. Sure we got imperial city and battlegrounds but whooptie do. So why is it too much for your puny minds to imagine a playable zone where everyone can kill everyone. I don’t care if the zone is the size of imperial city or the entire map of cyrodil but we need something new and different for pvp. And a free for all area where grouping is turned off will be a totally different dynamic. You won’t run into massive zergs who then tbag you. You might find a small group of rogues but they can’t heal eachother and will be able to hurt eachother just as much as you can. So go back to your little delves and let the real men of tamriel have some fun. (Drops mic)

Only men PvP? Hehehe

Edit: I'm only pointing this out before someone else rakes the poor OP over the coals for the remark. I'm totally neutral to the topic itself, but this just struck me as funny.

Don't go all feminist now.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Because they removed the faction zone locks with one Tamriel.

Previously this might have been a good idea, since it would have promoted faction identity. But most pve players would have been annoyed.

Open cyro with a server changed to FFA might be a better idea. The chaos would be beautiful :).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd like to see a fix for this and that would be challenge mode cyrodil

Basically you challenge a group to a game you set up the game and the game plays out for 4 hours , first to emp or most points at ends win and you can play against other guilds or just your own guild but you have to have at least 20 players on all three sides.

Emp does not grant the emp achievement in these game modes to prevent abuse

Ap for leveling works the same but ap awarded to spend is only only awarded for that session so you have to spend it or lose can't be used to farm ap for buying gold gear
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should be allowed to flag /pvp and fight anywhere. No way would it be fair to a pver to force them into a fight outside or cyro
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Also btw for all you pve players who suck at pvp and whine that we already have a full world map for pvp let’s not forget that you have 75% of the entire game map as it stands today and once the game is fully finished and all the zones are released that will drop the increase your playable space to well over 95% of the entire map belonging to pve. So if players want a zone for pvp that if you enter of your own volition then let them have it. You have plenty of other zones to play in. Meanwhile cyrodil has been virtually unchanged since day 1. Sure we got imperial city and battlegrounds but whooptie do. So why is it too much for your puny minds to imagine a playable zone where everyone can kill everyone. I don’t care if the zone is the size of imperial city or the entire map of cyrodil but we need something new and different for pvp. And a free for all area where grouping is turned off will be a totally different dynamic. You won’t run into massive zergs who then tbag you. You might find a small group of rogues but they can’t heal eachother and will be able to hurt eachother just as much as you can. So go back to your little delves and let the real men of tamriel have some fun. (Drops mic)

Only men PvP? Hehehe

Edit: I'm only pointing this out before someone else rakes the poor OP over the coals for the remark. I'm totally neutral to the topic itself, but this just struck me as funny.

Don't go all feminist now.

Didn't mean to offend you. Just didn't want OP's topic to get flagged in light of...recent events.

Just doing a service ;)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i hope this happens
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes pls, free for all and without alliances! I really want to play with friends from other campaings too outside of BGs...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    You already have a Zone-wide PvP free-for-all Zone.

It's called Cyrodiil.

It’s not a free for all. You have alliances and zergs. I want a true free for all. No factions. No alliances. No grouping. Just you your gear and he rest of the people trying to kill you.

The zergs are the result of basic human nature in a free-for-all Zone.

But Cyrodiil is definitely a free-for-all PvP Zone. It's -literally- the definition of one.

You're joking.... Free for all would imply the lack of pre set teams, Cyrodil isn't even close to a free for all as 1/3 of the population has no choice but to be friendly or at the very least neutral and share your objective. You can't have a free for all where targeting is limited to a subset of the population. The zergs are the result of team based zone mechanics and objectives, not human nature lol.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd settle for a lag free pvp.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    You all ready have one, why would you need another?
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I meant to vote no :neutral:

People would end up grouping with friends, zergs worse than cyrodiil, solo wouldn't exist if you wanted to compete.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Should have been a seamless huge expansive land from the start with no roller coaster elements at all.

Also should have had a pvp server and a pve server and without factions.

I'm all for this, removal of bind points, roaming, and removal of factions.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    you have guys teaming up in cyrodiil (yellows with blue friends), and at least you can have random alliance members help.
    imagine the BS of having groups of players team up with no random players to help without organizing a group yourself
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All that would really be needed is to create an instanced version of the Imperial City on a new campaign and remove the PVE component (or not) and make everyone hostile to everyone else. Imperial City is small enough to force fights everywhere without becoming too crowded (depending on player caps). Maybe allow groups of up to 3 or 4 to enter pre-grouped, to allow small scale play.