Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS Que As Tanks

Dysprosium
Dysprosium
✭✭✭
I find it irritating that DPS que as tanks for faster que. If you want the tank que - be a tank then. Yes no doubt there are a goodly number of dungeons easily do-able without a tank. I played another mmo where there was a pop up option to either wait que for tank or que without a tank. At least then people are choosing and not falsely cheating the system by lying about be a tank.

My 2 cents anyway.

• GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well most dungeons don't even need a tank so too bad
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    I said that in my post already.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then what's the problem? DPS is better anyway so you can quickly gtfo
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's even worse is when a tank queues as a DPS.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    What's even worse is when a tank queues as a DPS.

So true :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that some people may prefer to run with a tank, and by others que'ing as a tank when they are not is cheating the system to enjoy the tank que. I am suggesting that people should have a pop up option to continue to wait for tank or just run dps heals.

Edited by Dysprosium on October 26, 2017 2:45AM
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well some ppl may prefer to have 4 dps and finish quickly, not waste time with two players doing unnecessary things like tanking and healing. idk why it's such a big deal in easy dungeons
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    Again, as I was saying should be a choice that pops up for your party preference in dungeon finder. Or those that prefer non- standard parties could not que and just form in chat or guild.
    Edited by Dysprosium on October 26, 2017 2:50AM
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well maybe your "standard" party should be a choice for your party preference in dungeon finder. Honestly the standard IS four DPS these days with experienced players.

Ain't nobody want to waste time with the Blood Spawn for the 436743760949764397th time. Fortunately transmog is coming so we won't have to deal with this silliness eventually.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah well some ppl may prefer to have 4 dps and finish quickly, not waste time with two players doing unnecessary things like tanking and healing. idk why it's such a big deal in easy dungeons

Yeah well it's a big deal in harder dungeons. OP is talking about how dps cheat the system is wrong. Sure, if you get an easy dungeon no problem. But if you get like vet CoA2 or any vet dlc you just screwed the group or made their run 10x harder. Therefore, dps should adhere to the system by either being patient or rolling a tank. If you want to finish a dungeon quickly, either form a pre-made group or solo it and don't potentially waste anyone else's time.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RT_Frank wrote: »

Yeah well it's a big deal in harder dungeons. OP is talking about how dps cheat the system is wrong. Sure, if you get an easy dungeon no problem. But if you get like vet CoA2 or any vet dlc you just screwed the group or made their run 10x harder. Therefore, dps should adhere to the system by either being patient or rolling a tank. If you want to finish a dungeon quickly, either form a pre-made group or solo it and don't potentially waste anyone else's time.

Yeah well those ppl likely know better and wouldn't queue for those anyway. DPS that queue as a healer or a tank aren't doing anything wrong in almost all cases. The reality is you're wasting ppl's time by being a healer or tank for the majority of dungeons, yet someone y'all feel entitled to cry about a DPS not tanking the Blood Spawn (not you specifically, ppl in general when making similar complaints).

Moral of the story, stop bringing it up unless it's a hard dungeon. This has been coming up way too much lately and it's totally unnecessary.
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think people are bringing it up for the fun of it? If there were no issues arising from this then people wouldn't be bringing this forward as a problem.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immediate boot...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vet dungeons I definitely agree. It isn't hard to do most of them without a tank or healer if you are good enough, but you can't put that burden on the three others you are grouped with.

Normal dungeons on the other hand are pretty laughable, so it isn't as much of an issue.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dysprosium wrote: »
    Do you think people are bringing it up for the fun of it? If there were no issues arising from this then people wouldn't be bringing this forward as a problem.

Bring it up when it's a problem. Usually it isn't. If you need both a tank and healer for the Blood Spawn that's a learn to play issue and nothing more
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    On the easiest dungeons, meh. WE DANCE THROUGH DEM!

When in dungeons where the bosses aggro can almost 1 shot anyone else with moves the tank should be soaking (instead of uppercutting non stop with a 2h) well that usually only ever happens to me when i'm the healer, so everyone else falls apart after I get outed by a move the that was meant for a tank! (a person that actually tries to dungeon getting punished because of someone that isn't is never fun...)

If it's DLC dungeon/Veteran, I go full on Bishop Bullwinkle or run for my life (i'll take the 15 mins over how dat ALWAYS ends!)
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on October 26, 2017 3:39AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the dps that que tank is good with great dps and does not die at all I have no issue. Faster fun is better for all. If it’s a low lvl that has horrible dps and is dead all the time then that’s a kick.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on October 26, 2017 3:39AM
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Dysprosium wrote: »

Bring it up when it's a problem. Usually it isn't. If you need both a tank and healer for the Blood Spawn that's a learn to play issue and nothing more

But it is a problem... and OP is trying to address it. This isn't the first thread talking about this and it most certainly won't be the last unless something is done. Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean that others don't.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly you can tank with anything if you are good enough and know mechanics so what you say is a tank is different then what others. You may not be a 'tank' but you can tank
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    when a post like this comes up, one of the first responses (and many to follow) usually is "you don't need a tank for the most dungeons, they can be solo'd so who cares" "if you NEED a tank then you're just bad" _ but that's really not the point and the OP has already mentioned it. yet people keep bringing up how redundant tanks are. it's a bit saddening. if you queued as a tank, then have a taunt at the very least. don't queue as a role you are not intending to fill.

be honest about your role and intentions.
    #teamEmeric
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArcaneBlue wrote: »
    when a post like this comes up, one of the first responses (and many to follow) usually is "you don't need a tank for the most dungeons, they can be solo'd so who cares" "if you NEED a tank then you're just bad" _ but that's really not the point and the OP has already mentioned it. yet people keep bringing up how redundant tanks are. it's a bit saddening. if you queued as a tank, then have a taunt at the very least. don't queue as a role you are not intending to fill.

be honest about your role and intentions.

^^^

"Hey folks, this is your captain speaking.

Uhhh... gotta admit, I've never flown a plane before and I just kinda intended to ride along with all of you so... once I figure out how to gets us airborn, we'll ride this sucker to DC."

I mean who cares right? We should just be happy. The plane WILL land, and it's even faster with another passenger instead of a pilot.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 26, 2017 5:23AM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 26, 2017 5:23AM
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if an instance would be playable without a tank. As long as the pseudotank might do his job I may tolerate it, but whenever I watch you taking too much damage, moving mobs out of my ground dots or loosing taunts, imidiate kick is incoming (and to be honest in 98% of all cases this will happen).

When l actually have to choose between a 3 dd 1 healer or a 3 dd 1 tank group, iI would take the 3 dd 1 tank group anydays.

Edited by Flameheart on October 26, 2017 7:23AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RT_Frank wrote: »

Yeah well those ppl likely know better and wouldn't queue for those anyway. DPS that queue as a healer or a tank aren't doing anything wrong in almost all cases. The reality is you're wasting ppl's time by being a healer or tank for the majority of dungeons, yet someone y'all feel entitled to cry about a DPS not tanking the Blood Spawn (not you specifically, ppl in general when making similar complaints).

Moral of the story, stop bringing it up unless it's a hard dungeon. This has been coming up way too much lately and it's totally unnecessary.

Maybe a moral of YOUR story but isn't the moral of everyone's. Was tanking a regular dungeon a couple weeks ago with my brother who had been out of the game for over a year and a healer that was very low CP, and not very sure of his abilities. The other dps was Mister Uber "I've done this a ton of times and can carry everyone so just move your frikkin arses and lets get this over with" guy. We all three asked politely for Mister Uber to slow down so healer could do the quest and my brother could get his feet wet without running like a chicken/head cut off/you get the idea. Mister Uber couldn't be bothered with being friendly, accused me of being a crap tank, griped and moaned about the healer and my brother being wastes of time, etc., etc. After he aggro'd the first dungeon boss without waiting for any of us, and consequently died in the process, he was booted and replaced with someone who understood and helped us go as slow as we wanted.

What people like you don't seem to understand is that not everyone likes or wants to steamroll everything all the time. If someone asks you to slow down, and have perfectly valid reasons why you should, then why should we be forced to run head long through the dungeon just because you're Mister Uber and can't be bothered with common decency? I just wish people would understand that not everything in this game is centered around getting it done as fast as possible. Yeesh.
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah well most dungeons don't even need a tank so too bad

Disagree: do we talk normal or vet? Anyway you need always a Tank in dungeons.
    Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
    Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
    Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
    Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
    Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, i think at the higher cps most dds can survive on their own and dont really need a tank or healer to help them(unless mechanics require it) so a 4dd group is more optimal for faster run.

I feel the problem is with mid to low cp groups that are still learning that are being affected by false roles. Saying that id rather a high cp lier who knows they can survive than a low cp who wants to be carried.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are allowed to queue as tanks when they are DPS for the dungeons that don't require a tank.

If the dungeon requires a tank and the tank is a DPS then I will curse them to the pits of oblivion.
    Then wait for vote kick :wink:
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votekick.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can cause problems in veteran dungeons, I agree. You must specificate if we are talking about veterans or normals.

In normals, you don't need tank. You don't need even healer or other dps. I always queue as all three roles for random normals because I can solo it faster than struggling on my tank and still doing more dmg than these low lvl dpses I am placed with.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 26, 2017 6:30AM
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of an all DPS group, there should be a queue for DPS only groups (4 DPS. No tank. No heals. Pure brute force beauty.).