Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Would you like a free for all pvp zone

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For open PvP to work a game has to be designed around it. This one wasn't, and regardless of what some might dream it wasn't intended primarily as a PvP title in any event. The idea that Bethesda and ZOS would develop a TES game purely for PvP is nonsensical, but naturally they wanted to maximise their market appeal and so consensual PvP was part of what was put on offer, no more no less.

The only way that open PvP can work in a game not designed around it is by way of separate PvP servers with different rulesets and skill definitions, and even then it tends to be a seven day wonder as most players soon get fed up with being ganked while talking to a quest NPC. However, even that isn't possible in ESO due to the megaserver system.

In short, while there are decent games for those wanting pure PK, this isn't one of them, nor will it ever be. Thankfully.
    Edited by Tandor on October 25, 2017 7:16PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PvEers.... Before commenting know that free for all means there are no teams or alliances. Meaning Cyrodiil is not free for all.

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    You already have a Zone-wide PvP free-for-all Zone.

It's called Cyrodiil.

It’s not a free for all. You have alliances and zergs. I want a true free for all. No factions. No alliances. No grouping. Just you your gear and he rest of the people trying to kill you.

The zergs are the result of basic human nature in a free-for-all Zone.

But Cyrodiil is definitely a free-for-all PvP Zone. It's -literally- the definition of one.

This one right here, don't be like this one kids, stay in school.

Also, if you can't kill your own faction, then it's not free-for-all. Someone needs to buy a Webster dictionary.
    Edited by Maikon on October 25, 2017 7:21PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil 2: Electric Boogaloo
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    For open PvP to work a game has to be designed around it. This one wasn't, and regardless of what some might dream it wasn't intended primarily as a PvP title in any event. The idea that Bethesda and ZOS would develop a TES game purely for PvP is nonsensical, but naturally they wanted to maximise their market appeal and so consensual PvP was part of what was put on offer, no more no less.

The only way that open PvP can work in a game not designed around it is by way of separate PvP servers with different rulesets and skill definitions, and even then it tends to be a seven day wonder as most players soon get fed up with being ganked while talking to a quest NPC. However, even that isn't possible in ESO due to the megaserver system.

In short, while there are decent games for those wanting pure PK, this isn't one of them, nor will it ever be. Thankfully.

It was fully advertised as a PVP game, PvE is secondary.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    To all the people who say no that we already have this. You obviously haven’t been to pvp. It’s not a free for all unless there’s no one who can help you. In this server it’s you against EVERYONE. That means no tag teaming at least not without risk of getting killed your self. And it wouldn’t be an empty campaign. Tons of people love pvp but hate the zerg factor. This makes it so it’s like a giant battle royal. Battlegrounds is random team based. Cyrodil is full of zergs and gankers. This would make it so you have to watch your back 24/7.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    Would groups be disabled?

In the end though cheaters would win no matter what.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please. Tired of silly politics and unwritten codes between factions. Just wanna kill things. (in game)
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Daus wrote: »
    PvEers.... Before commenting know that free for all means there are no teams or alliances. Meaning Cyrodiil is not free for all.

Indeed, but there could be a free for all instance of it. A campaign without a campaign, as it were. There's certainly no need to create a whole new zone just for free for all PvP.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t care
    I voted don't care because while what you described wouldn't bother me (as long as the pvp is kept to one zone specifically intended for it), I wouldn't go there because I'm not a dedicated pvper and it would be a waste of my time being other people's cannon fodder. So it wouldn't really affect me either way.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Don't spoil my fun. :/

In all seriousness, I like them to incorporate something like The Division's DZ areas. But that's just me.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    that would be AWESOME!
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A zone like this would be roughly the size of one of the starter islands. Not too big but big enough that you could travel around. And yes groups would be disabled. Sure you could tag team with a friend but they run the risk of getting caught in crossfire. And their heals wouldnt affect you since by the nature of the server you are all enemies. And while rewards and a leaderboard would be great, this zone would be perfectly fine without one. Just a simple zone where you can kill anyone you come across.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    Argah wrote: »
    People would just meet up and take advantage of solo players.

No bro, most of them are super badass 1vXers who could 1vX an army, as they claim, right? XD
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That'd be brutal fun.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The zone you're looking for is called Eve Online.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You think people won't just team up with each other as they do now?

What would be the incentive to truly be free-for-all?

All I can see happening is people forming small 2-3-4 man groups (using addons to make it easy to differentiate between team members and others) and destroying the poor suckers who thought it was going to truly be a bunch of 1v1's.

Might as well just ask for more varied battlegrounds.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The less pvp there is the better off a game will be.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maikon wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

It was fully advertised as a PVP game, PvE is secondary.

Like I said, some have that dream...

But if you disagree, then by all means post the marketing hype where ZOS said that PvE was secondary to PvP.
    Edited by Tandor on October 25, 2017 9:42PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Please delete. Duplicate post.
    Edited by Tandor on October 25, 2017 9:43PM
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would Love that.!!!!! and the ability to fully loot your enemy. PUBGs only ESO style.

The only thing I miss from WOW days are the PVP servers.
    Edited by CavalryPK on October 25, 2017 9:43PM
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    Apathy always wins.

Some how some way, people will whine about it.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    wouldn't be free for all for long, it would be un grouped teams do what they do. Nice idea but.

good luck with 'friendly' aoe dumb dumb
    Edited by Goshua on October 26, 2017 7:55AM
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Also btw for all you pve players who suck at pvp and whine that we already have a full world map for pvp let’s not forget that you have 75% of the entire game map as it stands today and once the game is fully finished and all the zones are released that will drop the increase your playable space to well over 95% of the entire map belonging to pve. So if players want a zone for pvp that if you enter of your own volition then let them have it. You have plenty of other zones to play in. Meanwhile cyrodil has been virtually unchanged since day 1. Sure we got imperial city and battlegrounds but whooptie do. So why is it too much for your puny minds to imagine a playable zone where everyone can kill everyone. I don’t care if the zone is the size of imperial city or the entire map of cyrodil but we need something new and different for pvp. And a free for all area where grouping is turned off will be a totally different dynamic. You won’t run into massive zergs who then tbag you. You might find a small group of rogues but they can’t heal eachother and will be able to hurt eachother just as much as you can. So go back to your little delves and let the real men of tamriel have some fun. (Drops mic)
    Edited by Shadowasrial on October 25, 2017 10:39PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    how much u want to bet this might just be the fix for LAGG!
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    FFA cyro and not tied behind a DLC which lowers players.

Sure.

Hell, even a "open to fight for x min" in ow zones.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 25, 2017 11:11PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love to see it where you could still be allied by guild. So instead of keeps belonging to factions they could be claimed and then protected by guilds. Then rather than giving score they could be producing materials. Tempering alloys from holding the mine rosin from the lumber ect. Then the guild divies the materials between them. Obviously if your GM doesn't share then they won't have members to protect their keeps for long. Could make competitive guild play more exciting.
    Edited by Vilestride on October 25, 2017 11:11PM
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t care
    I voted "Don't Care" because I'd personally never do this myself, but I'm not against a separate PvP-FFA map/zone like you are suggesting. I personally see no issue in a separate self-contained FFA PvP zone where ppl can go crazy PvP'ing anyone and everyone, one that doesn't intrude on either a alliance vs alliance PvP in Cyrodil or PvE players like myself in our PvE zones.

Sadly, it's fairly obvious reading the replies to this thread that many ppl didn't even bother reading what you suggested, and that they replied purely based on the thread title and the assumption you are pushing for FFA PvP everywhere or such.

There are issue's that would need to be looked into - such as how to prevent spawn camping, how to try combating soul trading, etc - but these are things that would need to be looked into in any kind of competitive mode/aspect of the game.
    In a nutshell - if ZOS asked players if we'd support adding a separate PvP FFA zone setup similarly to Cyrodil, with it's own currency, "safe zones" where no combat is allowed for re-spawning / spawning into the map without being camped, and that wouldn't effect either Cyrodil or PvE... I'd support that 100% for those who want to do that kind of thing.
    o_O
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also btw for all you pve players who suck at pvp and whine that we already have a full world map for pvp let’s not forget that you have 75% of the entire game map as it stands today and once the game is fully finished and all the zones are released that will drop the increase your playable space to well over 95% of the entire map belonging to pve. So if players want a zone for pvp that if you enter of your own volition then let them have it. You have plenty of other zones to play in. Meanwhile cyrodil has been virtually unchanged since day 1. Sure we got imperial city and battlegrounds but whooptie do. So why is it too much for your puny minds to imagine a playable zone where everyone can kill everyone. I don’t care if the zone is the size of imperial city or the entire map of cyrodil but we need something new and different for pvp. And a free for all area where grouping is turned off will be a totally different dynamic. You won’t run into massive zergs who then tbag you. You might find a small group of rogues but they can’t heal eachother and will be able to hurt eachother just as much as you can. So go back to your little delves and let the real men of tamriel have some fun. (Drops mic)

Only men PvP? Hehehe

Edit: I'm only pointing this out before someone else rakes the poor OP over the coals for the remark. I'm totally neutral to the topic itself, but this just struck me as funny.
    Edited by Cadbury on October 26, 2017 12:51AM
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    They would have to do a battle ground mode. This iz the only way i could see this working because people would still team up. If they made a free for all battle ground mode that was first to 25 or something. You would have to reward solo or nobody would do it.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian