Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on loading screen after login

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Game hangs after login, just the animated logo and background picture, this is different each time.
Game uses 8% cpu but has 12 cores with hyper treading on i7 so it might be one cpu working 100%
Uses 460 MB ram and slowly increases up to 467.160 KB,

This after using 11 hour downloading 36GB after repair. Install initially failed as some files was in use, don't see who other programs than launcher used them.
Restart of launcher let it download another gigabyte and it look like game worked at lest until I logged in.

Got sound before login not after, get normal error message if wrong password.

main question is if I should
Delete program data or perhaps delete even more files to late to play today anyway,.
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22414/p/1#dpd
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More fun after 10 minutes or something launcer forgot it has started the game so I can start an new copy.
    Has not have any issue with eso outside of this since I returned early this year.
    Runs the 64 bit version
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting ridiculous

selected repair, this looked like worked well, it downloaded a few mebabytes.
    Then it entered an verify part who was far slower.

Afterward guess that.

It downloads 37 GB again with the same slow 2.5 MB/s download speed.

This is an warning to other who try this
    Edited by zaria on October 23, 2017 10:50PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    It downloads 37 GB again with the same slow 2.5 MB/s download speed.

This is an warning to other who try this

Yeah, I wish I'd gone to the forums while my Launcher was stuck repairing. I've now gone 30 GB over my monthly data allowance.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    Same here.

Add me to the list of Launcher problems, endless looping repairs with repeated downloads, and locked in the loading screen after logging in from launching directly from eso64.exe.

:/
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttraveler wrote: »
    Same here.

Add me to the list of Launcher problems, endless looping repairs with repeated downloads, and locked in the loading screen after logging in from launching directly from eso64.exe.

:/
    I ended up having to uninstall game, delete game files under c:\program files\ then reinstall it worked but was an +70GB download.
  • Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    MMOs in general are why I never ever use network services with data limits. I'd rather have DSL limited to 10Mbs that's unlimited than have a GB line with a data limit. One single patch, a bad update, weekly maintenance and your monthly allowance goes right out the window. And lets not talk about the games that operate like a torrent browser or the ones that stream game data rather than fully loading it to your PC.

But anyway, bad maintenance is bad. You could wait a couple days and hope Zen fixes the issue on their end or delete all the game files and wait for a 46GB download. Good luck.
  • partyb0y
    partyb0y
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here...

Tried to download again the launcher and make a repair, but it wants to download again the whole 37GB...

Tried to deactivate addons in the config file, as we can't even do this from the login screen...

Tried to launch both 32 bits and 64 bits client...

Still stuck after entering credentials...

A REAL solution from ZOS team will be greatly appreciated, instead of pasting links that everyone already visited a million times...
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    I have always having login issue after every patch but after last two patches my problem growed. I did everything i know i read but no way. Took days now! Really bored...
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep every patch cant login never ending loading screens.