Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't load characters (303/304), can't access support - here we go again!! Help!

Tavore1138
Tavore1138
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'd be raising this on support but I have done so before and they simply strung me along with promises to escalate to someone with a clue before then closing the ticket. Additionally the password that works on my account page and the store where they happily took my money yesterday for crowns doesn't work on support any more... it used to.

So here I am once again unable to load my characters...

I can log into the game fine and get to the character screen but when I click to load they just time out again.... and again....and again.... and again.... and again...

Basically I press play... get the requesting character load dialogue for 20 secs or so... then get the pretty pic of whatever region I am trying to load into for another minute or two... then back to logon screen with a 303 timeout error. Normally get a 304 about the account already being logged in when I try again. Then round the cycle again.

I've done some testing before and again today and newer characters can load, older characters cannot and the time to load seems proportional to what each character has done - i.e. my main cannot load and has done most content, a character of similar 'age' but much less done loads. A much newer character I have developed more loads but much more slowly. A new untouched character almost immediately. So I am theorising that the size of whatever character load is needed for the problem characters is larger than the time being allowed to transmit the data from server to client.

This is EU PC.

No changes to my PC, yes my router is OK, yes I have tried disabling addons.

Most evenings I can get in after 2 or 3 or 4 tries but today there is nothing after an hour of trying.

And since I can't log a support ticket this time round I am doomed to hoping that someone actually responds to the forum... I'll invoke the mystical summoning prayers @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom in the hopes someone will get this in front of someone to fix!
GM - Malazan
Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
Legio Mortuum
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA too for me just today been working fine all 6 months and now all of a sudden both ESO website and the game are acting funky for me
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's, I think, simple - the extra load during festivals and peak times pushes those of us with large character dbases over the load limit but since ZOS refuse to engage in looking at the problem we may never know... if this carries one I will see what a lawyer friend of mine can do about getting my subs and crowns back if ZOS continue to ignore the issue and block me from logging support incidents... be aware folks I have spent a LOT on this game, if they are willing to screw me then they will screw you too.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found out my problem Frontier outages this weekend
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In reply to a PM suggesting I log a ticket (nothing secret here but to maximise chances of being seen):

I would happily log a ticket with support again BUT I am unable to log in to the support system.

I am able to log into the account system and the game (at least to the character page!) but support will not accept my password.

If I try to change my support password it sends me round to change my account password which i know as I can log in with it already!!

I suspect my passwords need to be correctly synchronized between the systems but I cannot do that without ricking loss of access to everything else.

The key take away here is that I would gladly log a support ticket if I can get access to the support system again I am aware that the forum are a less effective for gaining support but they are all I have until someone fixes my support access.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum