Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest Leveling (25-50 in a little over 2 hours)

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea, OP! :)
    You know, for an accurate account of time passed, you must account for the time it took to acquire the gold as well

25 levels in 2 hours after 100 hours worth of gold farming doesn't sound so good know what I mean?

There are people who already have millions of gold and dont need to farm. Theres also those who have tons of writs stashed in the bank and no motivation to use them.

I need to know these people. After ... Years I have... 3k gold ATM lmao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain or point me to the skyreach method?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skyreach method ? Well, it's not a "method", it's a place in Craglorn with many mobs. The advantage of it as compared to other grinding spots in the game is that it is instanced : noone is going to interfere with your mobs, your rythm and your XP gains. It's doable with 2 people for best XP-optimization. That's all there's to it really.

To the topic in general : I like OP's approach, I never realized master writs made so much XP. That being said, the real levelling isn't the 1-50 journey, but the skillpoints-lorebooks thing. To which you must add some undaunted levelling and the necessary PvP to unlock the skills needed. The 1-50 part is a walk in the park as compared to the rest. And you need the rest if you want a full-blown, usable new character.

• Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. In my head I was thinking Skywatch (city in Auridon) when I first read through the post and couldn't figure out what was so special about that city that you would level up faster. LOL!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. In my head I was thinking Skywatch (city in Auridon) when I first read through the post and couldn't figure out what was so special about that city that you would level up faster. LOL!

Well, there is indeed a well known grind spot close to that too ;)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyways grinding is not such a big timesaver. I estimate I've spent close to 80% of my time on characters training their skills and getting the points to spec them after I hit 50.
    Edited by Asardes on August 22, 2017 4:48PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the vouchers are bankable, this a great idea. Before, the worry was that only one character was allowed to do master writs so you didn't have bunch of them spread around.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    how much xp per writ?

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    I really like people who find out new ideas. I aint gonna bash any idea. This is actually really fresh idea and every one should try which one suits you. I have done alot

Skyreach catacombs is like told an instance at the northwest part of Craglorn. I like told it is instance so only you and your group members are in their own instance.

This is optimized if you run this with only group of 2, the other one should be max lvl and should wear destro ulti so you can takedown the adds fast. The one who is to be leveled should always use at least xp potion and training gear. When you finish the run you can go outside and reset the dungeon by changing diffilculty to normal and back to vet or the other way it doens matter.

You should easily get 1-3 levels a run depending the level you are at when you start. It get slower when on higher level. One run takes about 8-10min if you take the chest "event".

To the original post I like when people keep it fresh and use some out of the box ideas.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have to spend a lot of time getting the skill points though.

There is also indirect time in all the money and materials it took for you to achieve that.

Not a criticism, just a fact.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried this months ago and the xp that I was getting from the master writs was getting diminished slowly after turning in a few at a time. In the end I was getting only a fraction of the xp I was some quests ago. It's a creative method but not good in practice from my own experience.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    You still have to spend a lot of time getting the skill points though.

There is also indirect time in all the money and materials it took for you to achieve that.

Not a criticism, just a fact.

Yeah but sky reach carries you would also be indirect time for how much people gouge you for. At least this method you can get some returns with writ vouchers.
    I've tried this months ago and the xp that I was getting from the master writs was getting diminished slowly after turning in a few at a time. In the end I was getting only a fraction of the xp I was some quests ago. It's a creative method but not good in practice from my own experience.

That's really weird. I haven't noticed that.
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The XP is the same, it doesn't decrease at all with the number of quests turned in. You may get that impression if you are at vet level, have unspent illumination, and see the XP multiplied by 4 appearing on the screen. After the illumination is spent the shown XP is just the normal, un-multiplied one.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I just tried this to finish leveling my StamDK and I got to say it is amazing.

I had done an experiment with the same character trying to level only doing dolmens (and confirmed it is a really slow process compared to other methods) so I had a lot of skills and skill lines still not leveled.

I had about 20 MW and bought around 15 more and with one simple 50% Ambrosia I managed to level basically everything I needed to level IV.

I'm now saving as much MW as I can and will try to level my StamWarden/Tank exclusively by this method and will report back.

I will need some skill points to start, but I'm thinking about getting some overland skyshards in easy zones just to level the provisioning (for extra ambrosia time), alchemy and enchanting.

It will take a few weeks still, but I'll post here. I think it will be very successful with the 150% Ambrosia.

By the way, I noticed it has become a little bit harder to buy those Writs as well. I used to be able to buy 20-30 in one sweep in the big trading cities. Recently I can hardly buy 10. I think more people are discovering this method.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just did and turned in the writs I have earned since the 1st of this month, using Mythical Ambrosia... 89 writs worth 1861 vouchers. There also may have been a little bit of enlightenment left, but only part of today's.

PkmnA2k.png
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE:
    Here is a video showing me getting from level 10-50 through Sealed Writs.
    https://youtu.be/c721JRzon7Q
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome! Now we just wait for the nerf hehe.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know that getting to L50 is not the key to having a useful character? Even if you have CP Capped Alts. A 64 Skill point character is all but useless in this game.

You need to get to 120 skill points to have a useful single weapon combat character. Figure about 160 to 180 for a character that uses two weapons, PvP and Guild Skills.

So, you still have a lot of work ahead of you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of the motif leveling trick for levels 1-10 or so, but better.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You do know that getting to L50 is not the key to having a useful character? Even if you have CP Capped Alts. A 64 Skill point character is all but useless in this game.

You need to get to 120 skill points to have a useful single weapon combat character. Figure about 160 to 180 for a character that uses two weapons, PvP and Guild Skills.

So, you still have a lot of work ahead of you.

I prefer this method, regardless.

This let my sorc jump into veteran level dungeons and easily pull 20k+ dps (single target)

I find its much easier to grind those fighters guild and undaunted skill lines on a cp160 character, rather than a sub 50 toon.
    Edited by TeIvanni on September 21, 2017 1:21AM
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro is bad, I know.

But I hope that someone who's tried this method can give me some advice.

I have 3 characters which I plan to bring to 50 during the witches event (for the simple reason that gear dropping before the cap is useless). One is level 30, the other 2 are around level 10.

As a long-time player I got a few 2-voucher alchemy and enchanting writs in storage. And enough mats to last me a year (I don't farm, but I don't sell either - stuff just piles up).

With the Double XP event, and the Master Writ Ambrosia potion (100% boost for 30 minutes - I'll precraft all beforehand), how many writs should it take me to level the two level 10 lowbies? Anyone knows?

(And I won't Skyreach them, even if it it may be faster and less expensive. Turning in writs does not feel like grinding, and it's something I can do alone).
    PC-EU
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, for an accurate account of time passed, you must account for the time it took to acquire the gold as well

25 levels in 2 hours after 100 hours worth of gold farming doesn't sound so good know what I mean?

He got to recoup probably a huge amount of that because he got vouchers on the other end.
    Asardes wrote: »
    Anyways grinding is not such a big timesaver. I estimate I've spent close to 80% of my time on characters training their skills and getting the points to spec them after I hit 50.

Which is why I level characters by collecting skyshards and just beating the *** out of mudcrabs on the way.
    Edited by Urza1234 on October 19, 2017 10:38AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the gold reward and XP scale with your level when turning in those writs? I have about 35 enchanting in my inventory but I don't plan on buying more. I think I'll level my character to about 35-40 in nMA, then redistribute the points and spec enchanting (I have it already leveled from deconstructing glyphs), and then do those writs. I don't have mythic ambrosia, and I don't plan on buying any, but I have a few XP scrolls from the free crates to use. I can also craft normal ambrosia.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asardes I'll report my findings tomorrow when the Double XP goes in effect. I got around 75 2-voucher enchanting Master writs, a level 10 character with only the enchanting passives, and a self-made Ambrosia v.2 (the one with the 100% boost to XP, from adding diminished aetherial dust to a normal Ambrosia).

I'll check if gold and XP reward changes with the level of the character - as well as how far I can get with those writs.

Edit post-levelling:
    Made it from level 12 to almost 36 with 94 writs. With the double XP from the witch, and the Ambrosia 100% drink mentioned earlier. XP gained scales with level:

Level 15 - 6200 XP per MW
    Level 25 - 9700 XP per MW
    Level 35 - 15900 XP per MW

Gold is negligible, delivering all those Master Writs on this lowbie gave me just around 20k. This is clearly not a method for those who are hurting for cash.
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 21, 2017 7:22AM
    PC-EU
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled my StamWarden today with Master Writs. Even on consoles, it is stil awesome!

Took me around 2 hours to get some overland skyshards and level Alchemy and Enxhanting, then around 45min to craft thw writs (manually...).

But in the end, level 50 in less than 4 hours on console. Totally worth it.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    @Asardes I'll report my findings tomorrow when the Double XP goes in effect. I got around 75 2-voucher enchanting Master writs, a level 10 character with only the enchanting passives, and a self-made Ambrosia v.2 (the one with the 100% boost to XP, from adding diminished aetherial dust to a normal Ambrosia).

I'll check if gold and XP reward changes with the level of the character - as well as how far I can get with those writs.

Edit post-levelling:
    Made it from level 12 to almost 36 with 94 writs. With the double XP from the witch, and the Ambrosia 100% drink mentioned earlier. XP gained scales with level:

Level 15 - 6200 XP per MW
    Level 25 - 9700 XP per MW
    Level 35 - 15900 XP per MW

Gold is negligible, delivering all those Master Writs on this lowbie gave me just around 20k. This is clearly not a method for those who are hurting for cash.

Thanks for posting your findings. I have reconsidered my plan. I will instead level to 50 in nMA (already done from 10 to 38 yesterday) then use the maximum level writs coupled with XP scrolls to level various skill lines afterwards. I already levele 2 of the class lines and two weapon lines to 40, and another class one to 30. But I want all at 50, all skills morphed and fully leveled as well as two additional weapon lines. I have about 35 writs but I'll wait to the end of the event to see if I can get more. I guess they will be at about 14-15K per writ at 50% since I would be using only 50% scrolls, so about 5-600K XP. Plenty to finish the skill lines and still get maximum gold out of it.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    CarbonX wrote: »
    TeIvanni wrote: »

Good runs take about 3 minutes and will cost you 3k+ a run?

Yes, Sir.
    TeIvanni wrote: »

Also... out of curiosity are you a buyer or seller of skyreach runs? :pensive:

Both, although, most of times, I leveled up in Skyreach with friends. :)

First of all, Spellscar > Skyreach. Also, this Method is faster than both of them. I leveled a friend through skyreach yesterday because spellscar was full and it takes about 50 minutes to get about 10 Levels. Skyreach exp gain was reduced recently and is not as fast as it used to be.

Big disadvantage here is the money drain. Spellscar for example will even make you about 150k while leveling when you pick up everything.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like doing nMA even if it's slower than other methods since it also helps me learn the class. For example I'm leveling the Warden now and it took me a bit to sync the shalks with other skills and make them hit at the same time, manage buffs and other class unique skills. I did not even bother using scrolls or potions, just the event buffs. Still managed to get 5 levels out of my first run and 3-4 each subsequent one. It took a bit more than an hour for each run since I did stop between rounds a bit to adjust my bars so I can get everything trained and morphed.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: