The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Warden needs an execute skill

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for stumbling in, however, I notice a stunning similarity between what ppl have asked for templars (~ 3 years ago) and what ppl ask for wardens (now).

Just a simple warning: Be careful what you ask for! Asking something from Zeni is like bartering with a Daedric prince (of your choice) - you never know if what you get is what you actually wanted.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    okay I lost it when the response to bird spam was block.

in the situations when your getting bird spammed to death, the ability to cut your movement to the speed of smell, cripple what stamina you probably have left, and still not reduce the damage to a manageable level, is in no way going to help you.

blocking is only of use when you are on the offensive, 1v1 (or similar small scale) to avoid or negate the secondary effects of big hits (say a meteor ult or something for instance) not counting troll builds that block always and forever.

during those times you tend to not suffer the effects of Pidgeon spam, as wardens on the defense or retreat are focused on casting effects that facilitate that (flap your wings and RUN!) or if their in small scale or 1v1 they are prolly also trying to set up stuns and other effects.

you get pigeon spammed by wardens hiding in zergs who are go for broke magicka because the only way the can win is to pump damage, hide in a large group, and spam a massive range, massive damage (that gets better with range) un-dodgeable, un-reflectabel, un-purgable, most annoying sound effect/animation skill in the game at anyone that gets near there zerg.

and BLOCKING to make sure this group or zerg catches you because you have just cut your movement and stamina is going to lead to death by Roomba.

the bird is dumb, and should be nerfed, and wardens should be given better dps in other places to compensate, this would make them more balanced in pvp, and better to play in pve.

EDIT: as for topic, you have a long line of Dragonknights to wait behind thank you very much.

Exactly! Well imo they shouldnt be undodgeable..

You can in tough situations escape most, but not those crazy birds.

They are a bit OP no matter how much people try to defend them..
    Edited by AAbrigo on October 6, 2017 7:17AM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    Vizier wrote: »
    I'd settle for removal of the Sorc Execute... Most overperforming unskill in the game.

I'd settle for removal of the undodgeable bird spam... most overperforming unskilled spam in pvp

Yeah try running into 4 wardens who spam this ***.. rip

4 curses...

Man, why do people feel getting 1v4'd is somehow out of balance when they lose?

Agreed. I could add: "Man, why do people feel if there's a skill which is strong in PvP then it needs to be nerfed to useless?"
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Sorry for stumbling in, however, I notice a stunning similarity between what ppl have asked for templars (~ 3 years ago) and what ppl ask for wardens (now).

Just a simple warning: Be careful what you ask for! Asking something from Zeni is like bartering with a Daedric prince (of your choice) - you never know if what you get is what you actually wanted.

Yup, that's goes for DKs too asking for an execute.
    We asked for one, and lost our AOE cc that was pinnacle to our house defense. Now we have Jesus beam, that's bugged.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    increase ice-dot's dmg over time,remake shalk,remake wings,that will be good
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    I'd settle for removal of the Sorc Execute... Most overperforming unskill in the game.

Wot?!?!?! You deal realize that it takes an enormous amount of skill to get an enemy player down into execute range, right? Yeah it may be unskill-like, but there's a lot of skill needed to get there.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And they said necromancers never make it to ESO.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdk has 15 dps abilities Magsorc has 13 dps abilities Magblade has 12 dps abilities Magplar has 11 dps abilities and Magden has 8 dps abilities... let’s count them... Derpy Bear (Gets lost all the time), Slothful Cliff Racer (too slow to be useful in fast combat situations but not slow enough to have synergy with fissure anymore), Deep Fissure (good skill #1), Fetcher Infection (slow and expensive due to the irritating double cast mechanic), Northern Storm (good skill #2), Winters Embrace (PvE unless frost role play build), Crystalized Slab (to weak even for role play purpose) and Frozen Retreat (LOL)... now what was that about Magden not needing an execute ability only because Magdk doesn’t have one? I would be fine with that if more than two of our damaging abilities were fit for PvP... As far as where to put the execute, Fetcher Infection should be a dot execute like poison injection but for Mag (good for PvE dps and not too abusive in PvP when combined with Deep Fissure)... Also guys for the love of this games shattered class balance don’t mistake this thread for a buff Stamden thread, Magden needs a buff not Stamden
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops... I just read that thing about Cliff Racer earlier in the thread and realized this thread is a necro... But I guess that’s thematically appropriate considering how Magden is dead now
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of things going on in this thread. I passed information along with different perspectives presented.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I see a lot of things going on in this thread. I passed information along with different perspectives presented.

This thread is a year out of date.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tasear It's a necro.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is certainly a necro, and yet the concerns brought up about Magden lacking a good on demand execute are as serious and valid as they were a year ago... and that was before the bear got a huge damage nerf, screaming cliff racer became dodgeable and then lost its internal synergy of landing at the same time as fissure, deep fissure lost its stun, and fetcher infection became reflectable... I would argue that after all these nerfs Magden could really use a buff like a poison injection like execute dot on fetcher infection
    Edited by _Ahala_ on October 14, 2018 6:56AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam warden hits 57k on parser
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden is good in both pvp and pve which is why no one is complaining about them being weak but Magden could use a little help in both... a dot Magicka specific execute on fetcher infection would help with this and solve the pain point many Magden mains have about the double cast mechanic of fletcher infection feeling like a punishment
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

@Tasear It's a necro.

It doesn't matter. Magicka warden hasn't been buffed once since launch. All of the same issues from 2017 are still present.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 20, 2018 9:18PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

@Tasear It's a necro.

Understood
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »
    And I mean a real execute skill, not this bear execute skill carp... I was just doing falkreath hold on veteran and basically soloing the damage because my other dps was dead 90% of the time, and I can only manage to get the boss to 10% before we get overrun by adds. The developers basically design some bosses to almost require execute skills, why are we not given a legitimate one that we can actually use. Bear is a strong skill, but its a stupid AI, not to mention having to resummon it when it dies to all the fire damage. Its not viable for a lot of content. Maybe they could turn cliff racer into an execute skill, I dont even use cliff racer in my rotation, so making it a useful skill would be fantastic.

Atleast your problem is fixed today. Meanwhile DK is Still waiting :tongue: