Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown store items are server-bound?

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ok, so I recently decided to start a character on the NA server because I have some friends on there and I usually play on EU and on EU In have a bunch of pets and costumes unlocked in the crown store. I got my 5500 crowns when ESO went to Teamriel Unlimited and another 4500 this month due to my 3 month recurring sub since then I have spent many and have 1,200. When I logged in to the NA server for the first time I had 1,200 crowns but NONE of the crown store Items that I had unlocked on EU. What? This really annoys me because even if crown store Items don't carry over from server to server then I should at least have all 10,000 that I would have if I hadn't spent any.

Is this a bug or Just a mistake by ZOS?

Anyone have feedback on this

Moderator note: Edited thread title to foster more constructive conversation.
Edited by ZOS_TristanK on May 28, 2015 11:41PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seen something about this before...Crowns are spent by account but the items purchased are only useable on the server they are purchased on.

Ah, there it is

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26364/kw/crown store server
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Seen something about this before...Crowns are spent by account but the items purchased are only useable on the server they are purchased on.

Ah, there it is

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26364/kw/crown store server

Yeah its this if you spend crowns on one server side it can only be used there and the crowns are deducted from your account.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased by account, but only usable on the server on which they are purchased.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased by account, but only usable on the server on which they are purchased.
    Which is perfectly logical.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

IMO it's actually quite ridiculous.... Crowns should be Account wide regardless of server....

NA Server - Kildair
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    Ok, so I recently decided to start a character on the NA server because I have some friends on there and I usually play on EU and on EU In have a bunch of pets and costumes unlocked in the crown store. I got my 5500 crowns when ESO went to Teamriel Unlimited and another 4500 this month due to my 3 month recurring sub since then I have spent many and have 1,200. When I logged in to the NA server for the first time I had 1,200 crowns but NONE of the crown store Items that I had unlocked on EU. What? This really annoys me because even if crown store Items don't carry over from server to server then I should at least have all 10,000 that I would have if I hadn't spent any.

Is this a bug or Just a mistake by ZOS?

Anyone have feedback on this

Really? You should have double the amount of crowns you're entitled to? That seems a strange expectation to me. Most games with cash shops have items that are restricted to one character, ESO has stuff that can be used by multiple characters on one server, why would you expect to be able to spend the crowns again on a different server?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

IMO it's actually quite ridiculous.... Crowns should be Account wide regardless of server....

That's not the OP's point, he's arguing that he should be able to spend them on one server then have them available to spend again on the other server.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't seem to understand. Crowns are account wide, it's just the items that are tied.
    <3
    Edited by F7sus4 on May 28, 2015 10:18PM
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    Teamriel Unlimited

spodder man aprovves

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't seem to understand. Crowns are account wide, it's just the items that are tied.
    <3

which is just plain stupid. The items should be account wide. They are all cosmetic and the consumables arent really that important anyway.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    <3

which is just plain stupid. The items should be account wide. They are all cosmetic and the consumables arent really that important anyway.

Even if some items were character/server bound, that would be OK. But things like mounts, pets, and costumes should definitely be account wide.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is for a person that does not understand what does it mean for separate servers to exist.

herp_derp_idiot_rage_face_meme_tshirt-p235029044678034589b8kxy_400.jpg
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The main reason I ma so angry about this is because when I first installed the NA server I thought 'Well I may as well buy a costume pack because I'm not gonna use these crowns for anything else' Because my main server was EU and I was only going on NA to play with a friend and was not planning to properly level on NA.
    Then later I find out that the 1000 crowns I spent on the Ordinator Pack in NA took away 1000 crowns from my EU account. So I lost 1000 crowns, which I was planning to save for the Dwemer Motif from my EU account because I didn't know that Crowns are spent account wide but items are only server wide.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • ChillyMillie
    ChillyMillie
    Soul Shriven
    I did make the same problem lol

i buy the adventurer pack on the wrong server and now it works only on NA but i only need the what ever race what ever alliance for UE :/
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Problem is how will they port into that other totally separate server?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    <3

Even if some items were character/server bound, that would be OK. But things like mounts, pets, and costumes should definitely be account wide.

This. Especially since we can never get some of the costumes and mounts again. :(
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    <3

This. Especially since we can never get some of the costumes and mounts again. :(

Wow, Mannimarco is surely jealous of your powerful necromancy! All hail the dark overlord Mureel! :)
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    <3

Wow, Mannimarco is surely jealous of your powerful necromancy! All hail the dark overlord Mureel! :)

All hail the king of serpents!!! lol.
    Xbox One Na
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since this thread is rather old, we are going to go ahead and close it down. As always, if you think that a topic is still relevant today, it is typically better to make a new thread than to resurrect one from several years ago.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.