The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are Vvardenfell Furnishing Plans Still Exclusive?

TeIvanni
TeIvanni
✭✭✭✭
So with the HotR patch, are Vvardenfell Furnishing Plans still exclusive to Morrowind Expansion?

Or are they now obtainable through Master Writ random Furnishing Plans bought at Rolis Hlaalu?
-Telvanni
The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
[Immortal Redeemer]
[Gryphonheart]
[Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any word on this? I know a lot is going on right now as the patch is fresh off the oven.
    I just don't want to buy a bunch of Writ Plans if they are not going to show up.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: I just opened 25 random purple plans.

Nothing but old Homestead plans.

Not really a large enough sample size to confirm though.
    Edited by TeIvanni on August 15, 2017 1:38PM
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    10 here. Same. Still seems biased towards Redguard too(not that I'm complaining, selling this stuff more than pays for the master writs I buy :D ).
    Edited by Magdalina on August 15, 2017 1:59PM
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    10 here. Same. Still seems biased towards Redguard too(not that I'm complaining, selling this stuff more than pays for the master writs I buy :D ).

I got about 50% orc nonsense.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really need to up the availability of these now to be either obtainable more frequently in Vardenfell like in the other zones, (without getting the other zones plans there), and they need to make the purple ones available in the Master write voucher guy too.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    eec7b8fd2d.png

I recorded my runs for one week just to add some insight to the thread :)
    Edited by GCVDJ11T on August 21, 2017 2:32PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »
    eec7b8fd2d.png

1 new purple plan in 20k urns. Nice to see my estimate of 1/22k turned out to be so close to your experience :D
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eec7b8fd2d.png

@GCVDJ11T What purple motifs did you get? :O
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://puu.sh/xfJaJ/eec7b8fd2d.png

I recorded my runs for one week
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    eec7b8fd2d.png

@GCVDJ11T What purple motifs did you get? :O

Nothing exciting.. primal and barbaric :(
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eec7b8fd2d.png

GCVDJ11T What purple motifs did you get? :O

You can get all the standard lootable motifs there - all the base races ones, Daedric, Primal, Barbaric and Imperial. I've found 3 Imperial and countless purple ones so far :D
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    eec7b8fd2d.png

You can get all the standard lootable motifs there - all the base races ones, Daedric, Primal, Barbaric and Imperial. I've found 3 Imperial and countless purple ones so far :D

Yeah... I'm up to 9 imperial motifs.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow what horrible odds. You can't tell me that they didn't make these drop rates so low for any other reason then they hope people will eventually just buy the furniture from the crown store. Why else would they release loads of new furnishings and make them incredibly hard to get? It certainly wasn't to keep the prices high in game for people that want to sell them.I personally have farmed on average 1-2 hours almost every night since Morrowind and I still haven't gotten a new purple from urns. I wish more people would speak up about this issue.
  • capper123
    capper123
    ✭✭
    where are these areas you ran, like dreloth, all i see is a rubbing you get there.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    eec7b8fd2d.png

O.O Wow damn. Either you've been farming a LOT more than me or you've been a lot luckier than me in that regard at least lol.
    Wow what horrible odds. You can't tell me that they didn't make these drop rates so low for any other reason then they hope people will eventually just buy the furniture from the crown store. Why else would they release loads of new furnishings and make them incredibly hard to get? It certainly wasn't to keep the prices high in game for people that want to sell them.I personally have farmed on average 1-2 hours almost every night since Morrowind and I still haven't gotten a new purple from urns. I wish more people would speak up about this issue.

I think most people have given up/don't care (anymore) at this point. Housing's only purpose already is the cosmetic one and once a lot of people finished decorating their houses/realized they can't decorate them the way they want within the current limit they more or less moved on(especially given lack of any communication from ZOS on the matter); evidently rather than trying to incentive people to do more housing/rekindle their interest in it ZOS is trying to milk what's left of that cow here and now til very last ounce of milk, blood and meat it has. It's pretty sad really.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 21, 2017 3:44PM
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    eec7b8fd2d.png

O.O Wow damn. Either you've been farming a LOT more than me or you've been a lot luckier than me in that regard at least lol.

Well... I've spent 6+ weeks doing an average of 5+ hours a day of looting urns. Which is approximately 200+ hours... at around 800 urns opened an hour... Easily over 150k urns opened.

Still haven't found the plan im looking for.

Which is why i was hoping master furnishing documents from Rolis would drop them this patch.
    No one so far has confirmed that he drops them now.

Edited by TeIvanni on August 21, 2017 4:26PM
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    capper123 wrote: »
    where are these areas you ran, like dreloth, all i see is a rubbing you get there.

Not all the tombs have rubbings. Some of them(like the ones shown in the screenshot above, and a few others) have an interactable door that you can use to enter the tomb itself; these places tend to have a lot of lootable urns. Dreloth is the big winner there, 80 urns in like 3 rooms total.

Dreloth and Veloth tombs have associated quest and markings on the map(look for the coffin-like ones), Hleran also has a quest associated with it albeit no map marking, multiple other smaller tombs have no markings nor quests, you just stumble upon them sometimes questing out in the wild.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Uh, is this still true, or just a one-time statistical fluke? :)