The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: September 29 @ 3:00pm EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: September 29 @ 3:00pm EDT. This week on Twitch, Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan will take you through the new Trial - Asylum Sanctorium - while Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel will discuss the new Asylum Weapons.

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this! Lots of cool new content coming this patch, not to mention hitting some very unexplored and exciting lore that I'm sure a lot of us have been looking forward to. And the choice to make Asylum weapons of different power levels available at different content difficulties is super rad, too, should make it much more accessible for more players.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, looking forward to this.

Can we pretty please have Wrobel talk some about the Nightblade healing skill being added (via changes) as it's... interesting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs!
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Can we pretty please have Wrobel talk some about the Nightblade healing skill being added (via changes) as it's... interesting.

Seconded. Politely requesting that he explain the rationale, because it's... uh... yeah, interesting is a good word.

Would also like to know the state of Warden and Templar DPS, but those weren't quite a focus for this patch.

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it! (Those poor, poor Saints)
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking forward to comments regarding pvp specifically. Hopefully they would address some of the comments @FENGRUSH made on his latest Rant video.

I would really like them to talk about...

no really really want to talk about this
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you touch on the plans for the Xbox one x as it would seem this dlc update contains those updates....no article so just asking for a response based on these sliders @ZOS_GinaBruno
    m1e1r4a735tv.png
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on September 27, 2017 9:07PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the "funny guy" is back on. I always liked his commentary. I'll just have to wait "soon" to see what happens on "the show."
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see ESO Live back. A lot of us actually the shows. Thank you for continuing to do them despite how often people say that you guys don't 'communicate with the community.'
    Edited by SirAxen on September 28, 2017 2:33AM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance Wrobel could talk about the plans for nightblades going forward? I don't see how the changes since Morrowind fit together: making the shadow passives and focus/resolve last longer has been great (fewer recasts, yay!), but I don't grok the agony change and I've dropped siphoning attacks for spell symmetry and relentless on my tank and stam dps, respectively. I know there is to be a plan, but I'm not seeing it and that makes PTS feedback frustrating.

A couple months ago he said something along the lines of wanting nbs to be "slippery" in combat; how does he see that working? (Especially when that sounds counter to the usual strategy of "stay in the same place when mechanics allow, so that the healer can keep springs/etc up.") What kinds of changes are being discussed and/or can we expect over the next couple quarters?

(Glad to see Mike will be back with the Sanctum, he's great at pointing out subtle design decisions I wouldn't have noticed myself - combat, environment, etc - and I'm looking forward to pugging the new trial. :) )
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another small request please Gina. Could you confirm what the following means.
    • The Buoyant Armiger style can be obtained from treasure chests and treasure maps across Vvardenfell.
      • Motif chapters are rare, but show up more often in higher-difficulty chests and treasure map chests. By quirk of fate, those who have proven themselves friends of the island and the living god Vivec are more likely to find its chapters or book than others.
      • The style item, Volcanic Viridian, can be refined from Viridian Dust, which can be found uncommonly on any harvestable resource in Vvardenfell.
    There has been a lot of debate and speculation from the community about what's meant by this, with no confirmation as to what it actually means. Is it mains story completed, number of quests completed, achievements earned etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updates on the direction the team wants to take combat! I was happy to hear nightblade healers and tanks mentioned specifically, since there aren't that many of us (comparatively ;) ), and the visual effects on the asylum weapon procs look good. I've said it elsewhere, but I'm looking forward to getting imperfect weapons on normal - it's frustrating when I look for advice and the builds/strategies assume I have Master and Maelstrom weapons to build my rotation around (and therefore have a progression guild or am doing vMA on farm, respectively). So this is a good change, in my mind.

The Asylum tour was awesome. :D I'm hoping it'll be easier/faster to see if the group can beat the trial, compared to the other 12-person content: the other trials can take hours with an inexperienced group, if you clear at all, and going straight for a boss here will make it pretty obvious if the group stands a chance.

Good wishes to everyone afflicted with the office plague, it sounds especially unpleasant.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account