The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issues with kill box

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ll acknowledge this could be a l2p issue but I’m just curious if others have had the same issue. Basically if I use any kind of cc that knocks someone to the ground then my next few attacks, while they’re still down, simply miss even though I’m right next to them and they’re still highlighted in red. Despite my targeting them their kill box or hit box or whatever seems to bug out. This is very annoying on my stamblade after the incap cc if I need to land another execute or LA. Now it’s not a miss because no text comes up and it’s not andodge because CC. Is it me or the game?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know I have similar things happen when I get lazy and start crutching on the game's auto-lock aiming rather than actually positioning my reticle. Another possibility, depending on your camera/FOV is that you are technically past them/they are behind or under you rather than in front of you, but it looks normal.

Maybe try backpedaling a step as you transition from incap to your next skill, while tracking their model with your cursor?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I’ll acknowledge this could be a l2p issue but I’m just curious if others have had the same issue. Basically if I use any kind of cc that knocks someone to the ground then my next few attacks, while they’re still down, simply miss even though I’m right next to them and they’re still highlighted in red. Despite my targeting them their kill box or hit box or whatever seems to bug out. This is very annoying on my stamblade after the incap cc if I need to land another execute or LA. Now it’s not a miss because no text comes up and it’s not andodge because CC. Is it me or the game?

Certain sets can cause you to miss not including Shuffle. Blur(NB skill) can also cause you to miss.

So you're saying you cannot hit them after the Incap stun connects? I'm still a little puzzled by what you're saying. Is there a situation you can use to describe how it happened?

When I go to Incap, I try to use it while the target is in the Fear animation so I don't get the stun. Genuinely using it raw on the target as an opening first isn't always ideal anyway.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen too.

Their character is on the ground on their back and it's as if you're not looking at them making attacks miss.

Not the, "miss" dodge type thing, but as if your cross hairs are not on the enemy. I think it's a terrain thing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen too.

Their character is on the ground on their back and it's as if you're not looking at them making attacks miss.

Not the, "miss" dodge type thing, but as if your cross hairs are not on the enemy. I think it's a terrain thing

This is weird, because StamNB have very few skills that don't work without actually having a target infront of him.

Example; I can't press my Executioner, Ambush, Suprise Attack buttons without there being a target to strike first-- compare to something like Biting Jabs I can press all day without a target in sight.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 29, 2017 8:48PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen too.

This is weird, because StamNB have very few skills that don't work without actually having a target infront of him.

Example; I can't press my Executioner, Ambush, Suprise Attack buttons without there being a target to strike first-- compare to something like Biting Jabs I can press all day without a target in sight.

To be more specific it’s usally a LA or 2H executioner that has the issue at lest that I’ve noticed. But it’s exactly as some have described where the LA is a swing and a miss even though my opponent appears to be targeted (I can see their health/info bar, they appear outlined in red).
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen too.

To be more specific it’s usally a LA or 2H executioner that has the issue at lest that I’ve noticed. But it’s exactly as some have described where the LA is a swing and a miss even though my opponent appears to be targeted (I can see their health/info bar, they appear outlined in red).

Hmmm

But are you using Executioner by;

A: Press button, full animation plays

or by;

B. Press button, Animation Cancel?

I usually do B because the full animation for Executioner is pretty long and we all use it in pressure situations, but it's range isn't much better then Surprise Attacks. Which is why I always animation cancel it while tilting forward on my PS4 analog-stick. So in a way I'm moving toward the target, or 'Sliding toward them', and Pressing and Animation canceling Executioner.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 29, 2017 9:06PM
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me non stop..... it's new and definitely a bug
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen, I think it may be related to third person field of view. I've noticed other issues with third person field of view, the target reticle appears to have no real relation to your actual target when in third person. This appears to be especially susceptible to different ranges of zoom in third person. Fully zoomed out third person will target and show engagement prompts with items and NPC's that are 10m behind the player. This disconnect between the reticle and actual target is especially apparent when trying to pick up something from a table laden with multiple objects.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen, I think it may be related to third person field of view. I've noticed other issues with third person field of view, the target reticle appears to have no real relation to your actual target when in third person. This appears to be especially susceptible to different ranges of zoom in third person. Fully zoomed out third person will target and show engagement prompts with items and NPC's that are 10m behind the player. This disconnect between the reticle and actual target is especially apparent when trying to pick up something from a table laden with multiple objects.

The same could similarly be said about the 3rd Person Camera having a blind spot. Distances between yourself and the target can be skewed like you said.

I find the blind spot behind the 3rd Person Camera one of the biggest PvP L2P hurdles a newcomer has to over come. I've been amubished from behind and never seen the guy coming because my camera is pointing in another direction. Which is where headsets are key to keeping yourself alive in Cyro.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's line of sight. Every pebble on the ground will block it and some players abuse that to their advantage. It's BS, when I have you in my crosshair, I should hit you, buuut... that's how it is.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain it's terrain. I've been watching for it and when I do have it occur, it when either myself or my target are not at the exact same level. It's not a huge bug but it's there.

In PvP I always figure these things are even, for each time it happens to me, I'm sure it has happened to them
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    It's line of sight. Every pebble on the ground will block it and some players abuse that to their advantage. It's BS, when I have you in my crosshair, I should hit you, buuut... that's how it is.

Thats kind of annoying. Guess I gotta be sure to be staring straight down If I'm trying to execute someone on the ground regardless of what my display is telling me.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Thats kind of annoying. Guess I gotta be sure to be staring straight down If I'm trying to execute someone on the ground regardless of what my display is telling me.

You can also choose to lure the target to a location that has flatter ground. Lots of fighting games outside of ESO have flat terrain for this reason.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This exact same thing was bothering me yesterday. Good to see I'm not alone.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner for all intents and purposes Im talking about “flat ground.” It’s not like I’m fighting them on a hill. If the ground isn’t flat it’s a minuscule change in elevation. I mean the particular instance that prompted me to write this post took place on a resource flag. Enemy goes down from incap, I start pulling my execute combo with enemy highlighted in red and my attacks just whiff over them and they’re able to get back up.