Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

At what level did you first beat Molag Bal?

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was before One Tamriel, when the main quest chapters still unlocked only every 5 levels or so. So must have been between level 40 and 45. I remember becoming champion in some delve in Wrothgar. :) I also remember the Molag Bal fight was a real challenge back then for my stamblade without Vigor. :)

Nowadays when I level up an alt, going through the main quest is usually the first thing I do. Gives nice XP, skill points, Fighters Guild for doing the dolmens along the way, and discovering regions/wayshrines.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the 40s (this was 3 years ago! I can't remember for certain.) and thought it was a far easier fight than the one 10 levels before that. That one gave me fits. Molag was a bit of a letdown compared to that.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was VR1 when I fought Molag
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    cp150. Grinded pathfinder and master explorer for all alliance zones and coldharbor before facing him
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    I am too *** with quests...I will not move out of a zone until I am 100% complete on quests, skyshards, discoveries, etc....then I'll move on to the next zone.

I finished Reaper's March (AD) last weekend, so this past weekend I hit Coldharbor. By the time I met up with him I was CP153...granted I've been doing dungeons and whatnot since starting again a month ago, so this is a casual play character....I know I could do it much less...but just was too busy enjoying playing ;)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VR4 back in 2014. I was busy in Cyrodiil and didn't spend much time doing PVE quests back then.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    July 15, 2014... I think I was Level 46???
    But back then, Molag Bal, Doshia, Manimarco, they were SO hard.. Now they are a push over.. Nerf Hammer Struck!! Lmao!!
    But I did finally find this!! So glad I took this!!
    Huzzah!!!
    2hzpfti.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so long ago I'm not even sure which of my characters was first to defeat Molag Bal. IIRC being level 45 or above was compulsory, so probably somewhere between level 45 and VR1.

It was certainly a lot harder fight then than it is nowadays.

PC EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    50/VR1 becuse you really couldn't do it much sooner at launch. ;)

Alts today still don't face Molag Bal until at least 50 - but then they're MAX.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR1
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag who?
  • PaixRomanus
    PaixRomanus
    ✭✭✭
    At VR1 with no champion points (I didn't even understand what CP was until VR4), no skills, and no understanding of how to play the game. I was on a DK with all attributes in health wearing a full set of death's wind heavy armor and a sword and shield - it was painful. This was October 23, 2015, thankfully I've grown quite a bit since then.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 I think? Main quest was the absolute last quest I did hahah
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did it a few month ago on 750cp or so when I realised I never finished the main story for some reason. Had that quest laying around since 2014.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have not fought him since 1T, so level 48 or 49 was the earliest you could fight him whenever I did so.

My first character could not reach him at level 49 - kept getting killed in the final stages of the quest line. This was before CP, I had no crafted armour, did not even have a 5 pc looted set and was on a Breton Stamina NB. In other words I did not know what I was doing.

Have only completed the main story on about 4 of my 11 max leveled characters - no more incentive to do it.
    Edited by disintegr8 on October 4, 2017 12:23AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game for three years and still haven't come up against that guy with any of my characters. My highest level character is 45 and they go down in five-level increments from, there. So, my next highest is a forty, then the one I'm playing now is heading for 35. I play them one at a time for five levels each. My level 45 "Fighting Sorcerer" hybrid will likely be the first one to go up against Molag Bal the next time I play him -- which could be a month or more down the line.

I'm really kind of nervous about it.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • MudcrabSammich
    MudcrabSammich
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing for about 4 months and just beat him tonight at CP 280 something. It was cake. I just didn't enjoy the main quest line, had much more fun doing quests and other stuff. One thing i really hated about the main quest was there's really not much in the way of loot and the place is so gloomy, although the skill points kind of make up for that. The thing that really irked me about it was the companions follow you way too close. Like, I'm trying to see what's in that urn and suddenly I'm talking to Lyris. So annoying.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP630+.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoma73 wrote: »
    The only outside help was a set of crafted level 20 Julianos gear (in blue) and some blue food i got from a fellow guild member.
    Glad i could help, i knew you'd be able to kick his butt!
    smilie_pokal.gif
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beat him in his mind when I escaped coldharbour at level 3....then I came back at level 48 and took body and spirit!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45 to 47, it was a bit hard. I died a few times during the quest.
  • Edd1eV3DD3R
    Edd1eV3DD3R
    ✭✭
    There was about fifty of us, during the tel var event. I had never been in IC before then. CP 450ish IIRC.
    One of the GM's of The Wayfarers of Tamriel, a ROLE PLAYING guild on PS4, NA.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lvl 48 , 2 years ago :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR1? Just barely into veteran ranks I believe.

But yeah, he got nerfed a few times... Plus now you get scaled. Back in the day you weren't scaled up
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at or around 48, and I was a Breton Vamp pet Sorc, using 2 pets. And back then b4 1T, I died like 3 times. Doshia was even harder tho bc i was just getting used to the controls and skills lol. Good times...good times.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC