The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Best Snipe Sets, Traits Now? Been Gone

Pirhana7_ESO
Pirhana7_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Been gone for a while. I know Snipe builds often get alot of s---- as being cheap but I enjoy being effective in keep defense and picking people off (especially somone doing a teabag.) I am also not one to run I like to go WW with my other bar and suprise people in melee (which was very effective)
Curious what sets Snipe users are using? Looking for best direct damage out put, Last time I played Spriggs was the best set for this, Is it still the best? or wa sit nerf'd with the penetration trait nerf.... What other sets do people run? Hundings? Not looking for any proc sets.

What Weapon trait would be best for Snipe? Penetration and crit on the same level now? is something else better?

Thanks for the help
Pirhana
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You on PC? If so, I suggest don't build too much around snipe.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want something easy yet very effective stay around spriggan, hunding or marksmen.

But as technohic said, stay away of trying anything snipe related on PC. Players will know you are shooting at them before you even finish the cast.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    But as technohic said, stay away of trying anything snipe related on PC. Players will know you are shooting at them before you even finish the cast.

ancient-aliens-im-not-saying-its-cheating-but-its-cheating.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe clever alchemist coupled with a nice weapon damage/stamina regen buff pot...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Cheap not cheating. I use it myself and admit it's a huge crutch but nothing against the rules
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Cheap not cheating. I use it myself and admit it's a huge crutch but nothing against the rules

“Maybe this game is just for bangers. But the thing is… even if it is just for bangers, everybody’s doing it. If everybody’s doing it… There’s a lot of guys doing it...."
    Edited by geonsocal on September 29, 2017 9:44PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone jumps off a cliff, do you follow?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

If someone jumps off a cliff, do you follow?

If it's proven to be a huge benefit. Yes.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's funny, the OP was concerned about gank/snipe builds being considered "cheap"...oh have things changed my friend...

I don't put it on the players...people will do what needs to be done most time in order to compete...

that miat add-on is zos' responsibility...