Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

client crashing

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
I've had a lot of client problems lately. I am running or riding around and it crashes. Talking to an NPC. All kinds of things but nothing you would think should cause it.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice more.
  • Moorbis
    Moorbis
    When you say client crashes, do you mean disconnects, or the entire game crashes to desktop?

I get the crashing to desktop sometimes,. Everything freezes, the sound stutters, then it crashes to desktop where I'm asked to send as report detailing what I was doing when it happened. It's really unpredictable.
  • wesly.backersb16_ESO
    Same for me, since the previous update:
    My client crashes regularly just doing nothing sometimes. Or just when running arround. When it does I get the crash report window to submit.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Are you getting any specific error when the game crashes?

For issues with crashing, the first thing you can do is run a repair through the launcher. To repair the game client, open the ESO Launcher, click Game Options, and then select Repair.

PC_LAUNCHER_REPAIR.PNG
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • wesly.backersb16_ESO
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Are you getting any specific error when the game crashes?

For issues with crashing, the first thing you can do is run a repair through the launcher. To repair the game client, open the ESO Launcher, click Game Options, and then select Repair.

PC_LAUNCHER_REPAIR.PNG

Hi Bille,

I've ran the repairtool and so far so good! Hope this will do.

Cheers!
  • Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    I've had the same problem since a few weeks ago. Got worse with Mondays maintenance. I ran the repair tool and it maaaaybe helped a little, but I am still crashing a few times a day if I am playing a couple of hours.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Client is stable for a while but then crashes randomly on different things.
    This last time it was a windows error window that came up.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lirkin

When we get booted to character select or to the login screen it's often indicative that we lost connection to the servers.

When our client crashes it is often due to a local issue. The forum moderator has reached the it to job twice now to help you fix it which I'd suggest you utilize. It can be caused him a host of issues including addons and Zos has the means to obtain information, with your help, about what is going on when your game crashes.