Maintenance for the week of April 19:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for patch maintenance – April 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for patch maintenance – April 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 7.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
Fighters Guild Skills Rework
Edited by SodanTok on September 27, 2017 11:56PM
I know this is something really unimportant. Like why would you change stuff that is so bad nobody uses it when you have to change plenty of bad stuff that people use.
But please, do something with majority of skills in this tree. It got butchered by the overhaul more than a year ago. All skills bar Circle (i think) were useful and now all but two are trash.
- Dawnbreaker - fine as is. Maybe too fine. But lets not go into nerf waters on it
- Silver Bolts - in current state very horrible ability for what it does. Expensive. Low damage. No other real advantages other than 40% snare (please, stop with the snares everywhere)
Suggestion: lower the cost and increase the damage, remove snare
- Silver Shards morph keeps all the disadvantages of base version and adds AoE for 50% of the again very low damage. There is no lack for AoE abilities in this game. And all are better than this.
Suggestion: My opinion is that this morph should be pure single target semi hard hitting ability around the damage and cost of most spammables. No need to offer any snare or debuff.
- Silver Leash morph is in the same boat, but instead of useless AoE it has useless gap closer. I can understand why there was need to change it so it is not like fiery grip (flavor of the class), but this is just bad. It has barely needed utility (gap closers are nearly in every tree) and it works so bad. Shoot once (so 0 - 40m range) and then press again in half the range (in PVP) to gap close. I have yet to meet someone that uses it, but I bet they arent happy about it.
Suggestion: If it should remain gap closer then it has to be single hit one. It is awkward to use this way (2nd hit to gap close). In my opinion there is no need for more stamina gapclosers (there is only one class/weapon combo that lacks gap closer). If it supposed to be utility morph and stay in spirit of the name (leash) then some CC should be added. If not then it is open to many possibilities. Could be less spammable but more damaging counterpart to the other morph.
- Circle of Protection - probably worst skill in this tree and top10 worst skills in the game. Super expensive. Very small radius. Not enough good buffs to make up for any of it. I am willing to learn more about the uses of this ability, because I have never seen it used in serious manner. -> situationally used by tanks in PVE, not reason enough to not buff it (imo)
Suggestion: If I keep it low (on changes) it needs to get a lot cheaper (like 50%) and the radius needs to get a lot bigger (like 100%)
- Turn Undead - The fear on cast of 8k stamina ability and 4sec longer duration is very very lackluster bonus on itself (even if base ability was actually good).
Suggestion: The sky is a limit in possibilities for this morph. The most boring one that comes in mind is making radius/duration/cost better (after actually making better the main ability)
- Ring of Preservation - same case again. Very lackluster morph. It reduced dost of dodge roll yet it takes just one to leave the area. Would even argue that nobody cares about cheaper dodge rolls (either they are expensive anyway or you already have them cheap to profit from this). Apparently in some trial situations people do care about it. Still it is very bad synergy with small radius, so if not base morph then at least this one should imo get bigger radius.
Suggestion: Keep dodge roll. Increase radius through base ability or this morph.
- Expert Hunter - I could say many things about why this ability (the active, not passive) is bad. But why bother, just see magelight that is better in every way. It has even half the radius of it.
Suggestion: if this is supposed to be stamina antistealth ability make it cheaper (if all stam abilities are 15% cheaper than magicka, this should be too), increase the radius because 6m catches nobody (I know base magelight has small radius too, I would like that one changed too). Obviously keep savagery.
- Evil Hunter - Decreases stamina cost of FG abilities. Why is this a thing. it costs 4.5k stamina to have all the bad abilities (and trap) cheaper by 25%. If your rotation (for some reason lol) is casting circle, trap, twice silver bolts and recasting evil hunter then congratulations, you saved 1500 stamina. It is simply not worth it (probably even if it was for free). The only situation for 99% people where the cost reduction comes in play is when they recast it for the cheaper price. Price that is still more expensive than radiant magelight (that has better passives and stealth detection)
Suggestion: let it be the defensive antistealth morph. Increase radius if its not already increased from base ability. No need to just copy radiant magelight. Could get even bigger radius, longer stealth suppression, longer duration, less damage from stealth attacks (passive or on active use)
- Camouflaged Hunter - if you gank people from stealth it gives you buff you already had, unless you gank people as not nightblade (then you are doing the whole ganking stuff wrong and minor berserk wont help you). This was the best (and OP) antivampire ability in the game. Now it is horrible. Worse than the first morph that is bad.
Suggestion: make it the offensive morph. Less about stealth detection, more about hunting. Reduce (or keep) radius to 5-6m, remove stealth suppression and make it passive effect. Active should boost damage. Either by 'casual' means by granting Major Brutality (some class/weapon setups would be very happy) or even minor berserk for ~10 seconds (so on cast, not on some stealth attack that only NB does most of the time)
- Trap Beast - probably fine as is tho awkward to use (unless reaming morph used)
Suggestion: increasing the duration of damage and minor force to ~10 seconds (keeping same total damage) could be nice, but probably unnecessary buff
- Rearming Trap - This morph is good. It fixes all the problems of base ability (short duration of minor force or too expensive to cast for what it does)
Suggestion: Keep as is. If base ability got better (like the duration) dont nerf anything but costs on it
- Lightweight Beast Trap - personal bias alert. This ability is simply punished too hard for being ranged. Minor force is very important buff in PVE and ranged stamina characters using it are essentially forced to to waste 1gcd and 3k stamina more every rotation to keep it 100% (which is not worth to do, so they have essentially 50% uptime)
Suggestion: Keep the range. Like with base ability suggestion increase duration of buff and damage to 10sec. If that is too much to ask, lower the overall damage. If that is still too much to ask find some other way to make minor force last 10 second on single cast.
- Intimidating Presence - Fine by itself. The overall cost of abilities in this tree is not fine (it is same as magicka abilities while stamina skills are supposed to be 15% cheaper). Could be used to further decrease, but that is better to do directly to skills.
- Slayer - Fine. One of the reasons some of these abilities are even slotted (on front bar)
- Banish the Wicked - I think this passive is too 'RP'. The big presence of undead players and mobs in pvp/pve makes it constantly useful, but that is imo pretty bad way to do it. Could be lowered and affecting any kill (with some CD)
- Skilled Tracker - Same as Banish the wicked, but instead it buffs damage. The only situation where this is good is on dawnbreaker in PVP ((and maybe trap in duels)) against vampires. Could be more valuable if all other skills got better. Imo should just be put together with Banish the Wicked to create one "flavor" passive in the theme of the guild and something more universally good put here.
- Bounty Hunter - Why. Probably the worst passive on combat tree in the game. While Mag Guild gets Empower, Fighters Guild gets... daily quests? Completely remove this and make the dailies available to everyone (or everyone with leveled FG tree). Put something combat useful here. I dont have suggestions, but if MG gets passive that makes people literally use some skills because of it, this should be something close to that effect.
Feel free to add something or correct me. My point of view is mostly PVP centric with few drops of nonTrial PVE DD
- Dawnbreaker fine
- Silver bolts low damage, too expensive. Morph1 low/useless AoE damage should be changed to proper ranged spammable. Morph2 useless gapcloser with bad mechanic
- Circle of Protection small radius, high cost. Morph1 fear on cast useless. Morph2 dodge roll cost barely useful (greatly related to small radius)
- Expert Hunter expensive and in every way worse than magelight. Morph1 useless cost reduction on FG skills. Morph2 ganker buff that most of gankers already have.
- Trap Beast fine. Morph2 deserves Minor Force for whole duration of rotation (10sec)
- Intimidating Presence fine
- Slayer fine
- Banish the Wicked ok, but should be changed to affect any enemy.
- Skilled Tracker sometimes useful, should be put with banish for one antiundead flavor passive and passive slot replaced by new passive
- Bounty Hunter bad combat unrelated passive. Quests should be open to everyone. Passive replaced by something that makes FG skills worth to cast.