Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People thinking they "deserve" emp...

• AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In game and in RL people will always feel entitled to things they think they deserve, even if they haven't worked for it. Frustrating yes, but best to not let it bother you. Them crying about not getting it is still not going to make them emp.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    If i ever end up in the number 1 spot in a campaign i'm looking forward to right click/block every single person that either blatantly or subtely ask me/demand me to drop for them. No tolerance for that nonsense at all.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Deserving" Emperor = no life.
    giphy.gif
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • AlMcFly
      AlMcFly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A group of guildies/friends helped me get Emp on a dead 7 day campaign. I helped four of them each get Emp within one week later. Emp is less about skill and more about catching Cyrodiil at the right time. When you complain about [snip], nobody will want to help you.

[Edited to remove profanity]
      Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 3:47PM
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am so glad I decided back in early 2014 that I would never be Emperor in this game.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Takes-No-Prisoner
      Takes-No-Prisoner
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      AlMcFly wrote: »
      A group of guildies/friends helped me get Emp on a dead 7 day campaign. I helped four of them each get Emp within one week later. Emp is less about skill and more about catching Cyrodiil at the right time. When you complain about [snip], nobody will want to help you.

It's cool when people do this. One of my other guilds is doing it in a similar campaign for the past few weeks now to crown folks who never got it.

[Edited for quote]
      Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 3:47PM
    • wazzz56
      wazzz56
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      giphy.gif

lmao karuma
      GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    • barshemm
      barshemm
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just do like the current #1 in DC PC/NA/Vivec. Be online 12+ hours a day constantly grinding ap by joining what ever the biggest group is that can take you at any time.
    • zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I will never get it either unless I cheese it on an empty server because on campaigns like Vivec it is all about politics and guild affiliations. If they don't like you they won't push the ring for you, never was a fair achievement and the way it is set up never will be.
      It's not unfair. That's part of the achievement. It's cool that emp involves politics to some degree. It was supposed to be about more than leading your faction on the AP leaderboard..

It's cool when people do this. One of my other guilds is doing it in a similar campaign for the past few weeks now to crown folks who never got it.
      No it's not. It has no value and reduces the value of the achievement. Emp did not ever mean someone was a top player, but now...... meh.

[Edited for quote]
      Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 3:48PM
    • AlMcFly
      AlMcFly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      zyk wrote: »

No it's not. It has no value and reduces the value of the achievement. Emp did not ever mean someone was a top player, but now...... meh.

He said it was cool that friends help get the achievement. It's not cool when people help you out? Whine a little bit more why don't you. So salty that you don't even make sense.

[Edited for quote]
    • zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

He said it was cool that friends help get the achievement. It's not cool when people help you out? Whine a little bit more why don't you. So salty that you don't even make sense.

The helping friends part is cool, the doing it on a dead campaign part is weak -- especially as part of an organized effort. It's the same as lining up to have their hands stamped.

[Edited for quote]
    • Saturnana
      Saturnana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      grannas211 wrote: »
      Dear diary...

My mind instantly followed with "Mood, apathetic" xDD
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phIrd2dccVo
      @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
      Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                        - Sheogorath
    • TequilaFire
      TequilaFire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I will never get it either unless I cheese it on an empty server because on campaigns like Vivec it is all about politics and guild affiliations. If they don't like you they won't push the ring for you, never was a fair achievement and the way it is set up never will be.
      It's not unfair. That's part of the achievement. It's cool that emp involves politics to some degree. It was supposed to be about more than leading your faction on the AP leaderboard..

I disagree strongly, because it is the same people all the time and has nothing to do with fairness. One was even given a PSN card to sit out so the next up could get emp.
      Most of them never even talk to their faction let alone lead the faction.
      They could care less about winning the campaign and are obsessed with being emperor all the time.
      It would be so cool if you could assassinate your emperor. :p

[Edited for quote]
      Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 17, 2017 9:34PM
    • Takes-No-Prisoner
      Takes-No-Prisoner
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I get what you're saying, but who am I or you for that matter, to stop them from making it so trivial?
      Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 28, 2017 2:56PM
    • PhxOldGamer68
      PhxOldGamer68
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm 897 in PS4 NA DC Vivec right now. Can the 896 above me please drop so I can get emp?
      PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
      PC NA: KaktusKing
    • geonsocal
      geonsocal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm 897 in PS4 NA DC Vivec right now. Can the 896 above me please drop so I can get emp?

sorry man, wish i could help, but, i'm probably a thousand behind that...
      PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    • PhxOldGamer68
      PhxOldGamer68
      ✭✭✭✭
      geonsocal wrote: »

sorry man, wish i could help, but, i'm probably a thousand behind that...

LOL @geonsocal I'm now at 912...
      PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
      PC NA: KaktusKing
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wazzz56 wrote: »
      ...just because the have all other trophies towards platinum etc....then get in top ten by leeching ticks and repairing walls (or boosting in some cases) and complain that the 7 0r 8 ppl in front won't drop, or that a person crowning 2 times in a campaign is committing some sort of heinous act against nature...they then write paragraphs in zone chat, typing way more than they fight and wonder why the AP gap is getting wider..not much triggers me in this game, this certainly does lol

[Edit to remove bait]

It's about fairness in that sense

But take vivec EU ps4

The same one Emp for certain faction that is crowned every time ... The player never seems to go offline is always in the lead and if another player over takes him this particular Emp will remove all support from emp push until he has regained the lead

The guild I am in has crowned roughly 17 different Emps in roughly 4 weeks from with in our guild ... Yes we need to out of he hours in but we all support each other

But not all guilds n emps are like that some are just unwilling to allow anyone else to claim emp ever
    • wazzz56
      wazzz56
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @SugaComa

that is not really what I am talking about. It has nothing to do with fairness for them, it has to do with entitlement. I am well aware of the pleasure that takes place in helping and seeing a guildie get crowned, have done it countless times and will do it countless more I imagine. I am talking about the people who are demanding people to drop so they can crown, not guildies who have been working with you for months, but random ass people, 5 or 6 or 7 (or more) spots down the leaderboard yelling in zone chat about why everyone in front of them should drop, and when they do not they make outlandish claims and spread toxicity in zone chat. Trust me if you get in position to get emp, and you are not a complete dickhole, my guild will help...
      GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    • Serjustin19
      Serjustin19
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      But I truly don't deserve the EMP. Others do deserve EMP but not me. I'm all right with it.
      Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wazzz56 wrote: »
      @SugaComa

that is not really what I am talking about. It has nothing to do with fairness for them, it has to do with entitlement. I am well aware of the pleasure that takes place in helping and seeing a guildie get crowned, have done it countless times and will do it countless more I imagine. I am talking about the people who are demanding people to drop so they can crown, not guildies who have been working with you for months, but random ass people, 5 or 6 or 7 (or more) spots down the leaderboard yelling in zone chat about why everyone in front of them should drop, and when they do not they make outlandish claims and spread toxicity in zone chat. Trust me if you get in position to get emp, and you are not a complete dickhole, my guild will help...

I can be one of those people ...

I've often come in to zone as emp is about to be crowned and asked if the 80+ people could all leave now it would be appreciated, it's often met with the humour it was intended ... But I've never had what you're saying happen

I play on PS4 if that makes a difference
    • disintegr8
      disintegr8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      giphy.gif
      I would also add that being Emp more than 2 or 3 times, or on more than 2 or 3 characters = no life.

Most players in PVP would be happy to get Emp once on one character. PS4 NA is bad at having the same people striving for Emp and holding onto it as long as they can, over and over and over again, especially in Kyne, where some people seem to spend their entire life.

I don't see any difference in being EMP for 5 minutes versus 5 days other than the ability to kill and earn AP. Assuming that a lot of these people must have more AP than they could ever need with the amount of time they spend on the leader boards, they must just enjoy thinking they are better than everyone else - or they don't have a life.
      Australian on PS4 NA server.
      Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    • WeylandLabs
      WeylandLabs
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Btw how much is is emp selling for these days n other platforms. Last person paid over 100.00 paypal per emp title. Pretty good revenue i think, thier guild came up over 700$ hundo last month. Ohhh Zos doesnt know yet ? Lol Well unless they fix pvp real ppl making thier money.

Zos didnt just make a game they made a player business tax free, well played zos well played eso community.
      Edited by WeylandLabs on October 4, 2017 6:46AM
    • ktdotexe
      ktdotexe
      ✭✭✭
      [deleted]
      Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:34PM
    • Montayva
      Montayva
      ✭✭✭✭
      Had someone tonight ask me to stop playing so he could get emp. Literally told me he deserved it because he stayed up when his guild goes to bed. Then when I told him I was defending my emperorship he started the trash talk and calling me every name under the sun. Ok. I get it. I'm a bad person cos a pve'er new to pvp thinks they should be handed the achievement even though I've also put blood, sweat and tears into earning the title.
      Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
      Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
      ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
    • Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't deserve Emp . I don't deserve pasty mole rat face , red eyes and a stiff neck and shoulders . I don't deserve sensitivity to daylight or falling asleep sitting in a chair .

I deserve to wake up refreshed and cashing a paycheck with a smile that lasts a lot longer .
    • Alexandrious
      Alexandrious
      ✭✭✭
      GrimJaw wrote: »
      Wts emp.

Okey 10m brah