Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

50 crystals up from 40

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Really? You guys better have seriously increased the drop rates
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they should make a 30 day campaign give 50 instead of 40 and make the seven day give 10.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They did... it's written a few lines above where they mentioned the crystals... hard to miss, not sure why a thread needs to be made before reading something properly.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you even read the patch notes?
    • Increased the drop rates of Unidentified Transmutation Geodes.
      • Unidentified Transmutation Geodes will now occasionally drop from the final bosses of all Normal and Veteran Dungeons, rather than the Transmute Crystals dropping directly.
      • Veteran mode bosses are significantly more likely to drop a Geode than in Normal mode dungeons.
    • You will now receive a Transmute Crystal for completing Dragonstar Arena on Veteran mode, just as you would for completing Maelstrom Arena.
    • Transmute Crystals will now also be granted from the weekly Trial quests, your first-in-a-day Random Dungeon, or subsequent random Dungeons, regardless of whether you do those activities on Veteran mode or Normal mode. Previously, they were available only from Veteran mode.
    • Increased the cost of Transmutation from 40 to 50 Crystals.
    • Fixed an issue where some AvA Leaderboard mails were granting multiple Transmutation Geodes.
    • Fixed an issue where Cyrodiil Leaderboards were not granting the proper amount of Transmute Crystals.
      • 30-Day campaign Leaderboards now grant 40 Transmute Crystals each, and 7-Day campaign Leaderboards now grant 4 Transmute Crystals each.
    • Transmutation Geodes will no longer stack, which was causing an issue where using multiple Transmutation Geodes in quick succession would cause you not to get any Transmute Crystals.
    • Fixed an issue where Transmute Crystals would not appear properly in the Loot window when added to your account.
      • Note: This was a display-only issue; the Crystals were still properly added to your account.
    • Added a tooltip to the Transmute Crystal currency icon shown on the Transmute Station.
    Edited by T3hasiangod on September 25, 2017 5:26PM
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They increased the drop rates some, but then did this to cancel it out. That way it looks like they did something about it. They need to reduce the cost, not increase it. Its insane as is (Plus now the maximum number of things you could possibly transmute at once is 4, ignoring the fact that you will never get that many crystals)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They DID increase ways to get them. Maybe read the full notes?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Darling... could you check how much free time I have please, is it a billion years or so....?"

"No dear... I'm afraid not... also, it's your turn to put the cat out."
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #selectivememory
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    " your first-in-a-day Random Dungeon, or subsequent random Dungeons, regardless of whether you do those activities on Veteran mode or Normal mode"

So just go do random normals and get a cristal each 10m
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    " your first-in-a-day Random Dungeon, or subsequent random Dungeons, regardless of whether you do those activities on Veteran mode or Normal mode"

So just go do random normals and get a cristal each 10m

By god I do love an optimist, you stick with it... dispite all experience pointing to the opposite... B)
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you even read the patch notes?
    • Increased the drop rates of Unidentified Transmutation Geodes.
      • Unidentified Transmutation Geodes will now occasionally drop from the final bosses of all Normal and Veteran Dungeons, rather than the Transmute Crystals dropping directly.
      • Veteran mode bosses are significantly more likely to drop a Geode than in Normal mode dungeons.
    • You will now receive a Transmute Crystal for completing Dragonstar Arena on Veteran mode, just as you would for completing Maelstrom Arena.
    • Transmute Crystals will now also be granted from the weekly Trial quests, your first-in-a-day Random Dungeon, or subsequent random Dungeons, regardless of whether you do those activities on Veteran mode or Normal mode. Previously, they were available only from Veteran mode.
    • Increased the cost of Transmutation from 40 to 50 Crystals.
    • Fixed an issue where some AvA Leaderboard mails were granting multiple Transmutation Geodes.
    • Fixed an issue where Cyrodiil Leaderboards were not granting the proper amount of Transmute Crystals.
      • 30-Day campaign Leaderboards now grant 40 Transmute Crystals each, and 7-Day campaign Leaderboards now grant 4 Transmute Crystals each.
    • Transmutation Geodes will no longer stack, which was causing an issue where using multiple Transmutation Geodes in quick succession would cause you not to get any Transmute Crystals.
    • Fixed an issue where Transmute Crystals would not appear properly in the Loot window when added to your account.
      • Note: This was a display-only issue; the Crystals were still properly added to your account.
    • Added a tooltip to the Transmute Crystal currency icon shown on the Transmute Station.

Reading is too hard, needs a nerf.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did... it's written a few lines above where they mentioned the crystals... hard to miss, not sure why a thread needs to be made before reading something properly.

But where's my manufactured outrage going to go now?!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? The transmute system isn't supposed to make it easy for you to get the BiS gear... it's supposed to make it so that you're not completely at the mercy of RNG. Many of us did well over 50 runs of vMA to get the one piece we were looking for (For me, it was a sharpened vMA Lightning, before HotR). This way, you do 50 runs... you're essentially guaranteed to get at least 1 of every TYPE of weapon... and now after those 50 runs, if you didn't get the specific trait you were looking for, you can now transmute it into the item you want. If they make it too easy to get the crystals, it will destroy the game. I'm very happy with the system as it is... I think it should be more expensive, if we're being honest.

It took me over 300 runs of vMA to get all the traits I wanted (still never got my sharp bow, but don't need it now), and I cashed in over 600 undaunted keys to get my Grothdarr shoulders that I needed... This will take away some of that grind. But if you make it so everybody can get BiS gear without any work... that will be the end of this game.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

It took me over 300 runs of vMA to get all the traits I wanted (still never got my sharp bow, but don't need it now), and I cashed in over 600 undaunted keys to get my Grothdarr shoulders that I needed... This will take away some of that grind. But if you make it so everybody can get BiS gear without any work... that will be the end of this game.

I don't think that many people, less then 3%, would grind over 300 runs of VMA. In fact most people don't grind VMA at all. So I really don't think it would "be the end of this game" if they made it a little easier to get BiS gear.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think that many people, less then 3%, would grind over 300 runs of VMA. In fact most people don't grind VMA at all. So I really don't think it would "be the end of this game" if they made it a little easier to get BiS gear.

And that is why it's nice to have this system. If vMA is utter cancer for you and you loathe it. You run it until you get the type of weapon that you want, then you can do other content that you find more enjoyable, to re-trait the item.

You couldn't do that before. If you wanted the BiS vMA weapons... you had to grind them.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just fail to see why they have to monkey with this so much
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread. Please note that there are new ways to gain crystals as detailed in the patch notes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.