The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

7 Simple changes to improve ESO.

IxSTALKERxI
IxSTALKERxI
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
1. Remove the extra campaigns! Get rid of Kastas, Xarxes and Almalexia for a start...
2. Reduce O'ticks by 50%
Outposts, Resources, Towns, Districts: 750 AP down from 1500 AP
Keeps: 3000 AP down from 6000 AP

@Wrobel
3. Reduce the damage of destro ult per tick by a further 12.5-15% and make it 1 second longer in duration to compensate.
4. Reduce Vicious Death tool tip by 30% so it's not as much of a guaranteed execute.
5. Review the healing output/Utility/effiency of Resto Ult & Healing thicket (and morphs) and balance accordingly (without nerfing them into the ground ofcourse).
6. Buff veil of blades & morphs! (it's only 5m radius!?!? DK standard is 8m raidus, and sleet storm is 10m and follows the caster around and snares people wtf)
7. Take a look at earthgore and consider not having it apply to enemy ultimates.

I could go on and make a crazy long list of changes to make but some would take a long time to implement etc. anyways this would be a nice start. If anyone disagree's feel free to leave a comment. :)
Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 25, 2017 1:14PM
NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd go as far as removing AP ticks completely, increasing AP for kills by 50% and simply give a +X% AP bonus for kills done while defending or attacking a keep. No more staying at a keep to get the tick, you have to actually (assist in) kill(ing) people now.

The whole idea of ticks just fails in practice. Helping your faction isn't the best way to make AP, and that should be telling enough of how much of an issue that is. Right now: join large siege battles, use sieges or bomb to damage as many people as possible, type /y EVERYONE GO CAPTURE MINE GO GO GO, wait for the D-tick while everyone is away from the keep and profit. Someone who joined a battle at the last second shouldn't be rewarded for just being at the right place at the right moment.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they have kept those extra campaigns but yes, they can go.

As for the AP changes, it is opposite of what Zos has recently done. They have been increasing AP.

The rest seems like a stam player wanting mag nerfs and stam buffs.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    As for the AP changes, it is opposite of what Zos has recently done. They have been increasing AP.

Indeed they have. However, the current base value of offense ticks allows players to earn equal or more AP from taking undefended objectives with large amounts of people than actually fighting each other / defending things which leads to keep trading and zergs running over small scale players at resources etc.
    idk wrote: »
    The rest seems like a stam player wanting mag nerfs and stam buffs.

Not really, just want the large scale battles to be a little more balanced. Magicka users do have a lot more kill potential in large scale fights - some of which is kinda of overkill imo, and even with those proposed tweaks they would still be more efficient than stam in large scale fights. Also keep in mind stamina builds use resto ult / healing thicket to.
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    1. Remove the extra campaigns! Get rid of Kastas, Xarxes and Almalexia for a start...
    2. Reduce O'ticks by 50%
    Outposts, Resources, Towns, Districts: 750 AP down from 1500 AP
    Keeps: 3000 AP down from 6000 AP

@Wrobel
    3. Reduce the damage of destro ult per tick by a further 12.5-15% and make it 1 second longer in duration to compensate.
    4. Reduce Vicious Death tool tip by 30% so it's not as much of a guaranteed execute.
    5. Review the healing output/Utility/effiency of Resto Ult & Healing thicket (and morphs) and balance accordingly (without nerfing them into the ground ofcourse).
    6. Buff veil of blades & morphs! (it's only 5m radius!?!? DK standard is 8m raidus, and sleet storm is 10m and follows the caster around and snares people wtf)
    7. Take a look at earthgore and consider not having it apply to enemy ultimates.

I could go on and make a crazy long list of changes to make but some would take a long time to implement etc. anyways this would be a nice start. If anyone disagree's feel free to leave a comment. :)

None of those changes would make a bit of difference to the horrendous lag encountered by large scale battles

removing campaigns could make it even worse.
    Reduce AP? Are you serious

Nerf destro.....if it didn’t affect PvE maybe
    Vicious death...who cares but ok
    Reduce healing? Come on man your killing me
    Veil..not a bad idea
    No idea what earthgore is

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about decrease overall aoe damage in cyrodiil by 10%?
    ;)
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually like to see both morphs of Destro Ult become stationary (high damage, short duration for big ticks) and see class ults (Veil, Standard, Nova) (not Negate, sorry Sorcs) become mobile with a duration increase (high damage, long duration for small ticks.

The mobility of Destro ult paired with the damage is literally killing PvP. Ults that tick that hard should be stationary, and ults that do not tick nearly as hard because they are longer duration and provide utility should be mobile to incentivize use.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    None of those changes would make a bit of difference to the horrendous lag encountered by large scale battles
    Never said they would :p Not sure how to fix lag other than doing some major design changes with the map / objectives etc which would take a lot of work.
    removing campaigns could make it even worse.

Not really. On PC NA everyone is lock pop on one campaign while the rest are empty to farm telvar in and farm emperor. Taking out those campaigns may condense the population and bring other campaigns to life - perhaps even taking some population off Vivec. Dynamic population cap / scoring or AP rewards would help to but was trying to keep it simple in opening post.
    Reduce AP? Are you serious
    Only the AP gained from offense ticks which was only added to the game recently during Homestead patch 2.7.
    Reduce healing? Come on man your killing me

Not all healing (although it is important to keep healing under control for balance reasons especially in CP to avoid never ending fights.) The resto ult can be very powerful in small scale and the warden tree ultimate can do a very high value of healing for it's cost. I'm not sure what exact changes should be made to them but zos should be at least looking at them and aware of how well they are currently performing in certain situations and on certain builds.

No idea what earthgore is

It's only the most overpowered set ever brought into the game... lol

Checkmath wrote: »
    How about decrease overall aoe damage in cyrodiil by 10%?
    ;)

Blanket balance changes won't change anything. Burst ultimates need to be balanced against damage over time ultiamtes, ground ultimates need to be balanced with PBAoE, Stamina ultimates need to be balanced against magicka ultimates, AoE abilities need to be balanced vs AoE proc sets. etc.
    Kilandros wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see both morphs of Destro Ult become stationary (high damage, short duration for big ticks) and see class ults (Veil, Standard, Nova) (not Negate, sorry Sorcs) become mobile with a duration increase (high damage, long duration for small ticks.

The mobility of Destro ult paired with the damage is literally killing PvP. Ults that tick that hard should be stationary, and ults that do not tick nearly as hard because they are longer duration and provide utility should be mobile to incentivize use.

I agree that a lot of the ultimate's in the game need re-balancing in PvP. Would be quite a task for zos to do something like that though so I was trying to keep it simple in opening post. PvP meta is really stale. Things need to be mixed up a bit with more build diversity.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 25, 2017 4:39PM