Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everyone a tank with at least 30k health

Krayzie
Krayzie
✭✭✭✭✭
How should i do this on a magblade to combat vivec zergs
I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play mag too so sometimes will experience a similar problem.

If you see they're a dk with ≥30k health, don't waste your time with them.

They can't kill you and you can't kill them. They're built that way because that's what they need to stay alive.
    Edited by Betsararie on September 24, 2017 8:03PM
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    True. Just ignore high health tanks and eventually they will evolve to less healthy out of boredom.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely can kill you with my 50k health build.

As a magNB, if they're a permablocker build it's true to ignore them, they can't kill you

But don't assume all builds with a lot of health are just meatbag

With my build I have lost to magNBs because they kite me and keep up 10k+ wills + incap
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    I play mag too so sometimes will experience a similar problem.

If you see they're a dk with ≥30k health, don't waste your time with them.

They can't kill you and you can't kill them. They're built that way because that's what they need to stay alive.
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    True. Just ignore high health tanks and eventually they will evolve to less healthy out of boredom.

30k is not alot of health. 50k+ is. People around 30k hp can still nuke you down if their build is right.
    I used to kill people in seconds with my hybrid blazing shield build with 40k hp because people had the same thought process. That I was just a no damage tank, so they let their guard down and got rekt. Sad they nerfed everything that made that build what it was though. :(

RIP true diversity in builds!
    Edited by Akinos on September 25, 2017 3:32AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just hit them harder.

No seriously! A few times, I've had problems as the meta changes to deal with tanky players. The common solution seems to be to join them so they can't burst you either - then it depends on either who runs out of resources first or who's allies turn up first..

I sometimes find going the other way can work - forget about sustain and throw that much burst damage into your build that you can still mess up all but the super-tanks. Those you just leave alone.. ofc. you're gambling on being able to kill em before you run out of resources... but hey! can't have everything!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Just hit them harder.

No seriously! A few times, I've had problems as the meta changes to deal with tanky players. The common solution seems to be to join them so they can't burst you either - then it depends on either who runs out of resources first or who's allies turn up first..

I sometimes find going the other way can work - forget about sustain and throw that much burst damage into your build that you can still mess up all but the super-tanks. Those you just leave alone.. ofc. you're gambling on being able to kill em before you run out of resources... but hey! can't have everything!

Best counter ive found is to:
    1) make sure they don't have a friend. The friend will burst you while the"tank" is setting up a cc.
    2) sustain DPS prior to burst. Getting their health a little lower before timing a burst is the best way. It might feel like a grind but when that percentage starts hitting 60% you'll see them scramble. Then cc+burst like you do on 21k health dps builds (you only need 9k health to be removed from then before you should consider timing your burst).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual