The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Game crashes when looking at bank with Sealed Master Writs

Thrudra_Magia
Thrudra_Magia
✭✭✭
On the PTS, I created a new char and opened up a few master writ envelops which contain some master writs for all crafts. Every time I am in the bank, whether its at a banker or talking to my bank service guy, and I get to the sealed master writ section, my game crashes.

I have no add-ons enabled. This has happened on both a new char and my main.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Not only at bank, but also at merchant, or simply in inventory. Mouseover is enough to make the game crash.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 20, 2017 7:41PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Have you both triple checked that no addons are enabled? Maybe one called Trait and Style..?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you both triple checked that no addons are enabled? Maybe one called Trait and Style..?

You nailed it Gina. ( @ZOS_GinaBruno )

What I did :
    1 - load game (PTS of course) with all my usual addons (that includes the Trait & Style one) => masterwrits crash game
    2 - load game with all add-ons DISABLED => masterwrits crash game
    3 - rename addons directory AND savedvariables directory to "blabla1" and "blabla2", load game (no addons show up at all) => masterwrits do NOT crash game
    4 - rename addons directory back to their normal names, disable them all => masterwrits do NOT crash game
    5 - enable ONLY Harven's Trait and Style => masterwrits DO crash the game.

Not sure I understand the technical difference between situation 2, 3 and 4 but obviouly there's one. And obviously Trait & Style is involved. (Not naming and shaming the addon author at all here, just trying to provide informations. Addons authors rock).

Hope this helps.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 20, 2017 11:10PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that Harven's Trait and Style causes this behavior. Master Merchant does as well. Those are the only two that seem to do it for me.

Lots of other addons that modify tooltips - including Writ Worthy and Inventory Insight - have no problems.
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    I will double-check tat no add-ons are enabled. Thanks for the tip.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jhodges89b14_ESO

It's an addon issue in all likelihood. There are addons that create a conflict looking at the bank.

I see someone mentioned that.
    Edited by idk on September 21, 2017 2:57PM
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    I disabled add-ons from the character screen and this fixed the crashing problem.

Edit: Previously they were disabled while I was on the character. This time I went thru to disable each one manually.
    Edited by Thrudra_Magia on September 21, 2017 3:11PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Great! For what it's worth, we are working on a fix for a crash involving addons for a future PTS patch, but not sure how individual addons will act since this is a new update. That's why we're on PTS :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a similar problem with our uespLog addon that crashes the game as soon as you login. Hard to find the cause since it crashes right away. Hopefully the next PTS patch will fix it so we can debug it further. Ideally addons should not be able to crash the game like this.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!