The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Beginner's Stamplar PvP Build (HotR)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
New to Stamplar. Rarely ever use stam builds. What are the easiest to farm/craft/buy sets for nubs to Stamplar PvP? I want to see if Stamplar PvP is fun for me before committing lots of gold and farming time.

My PvE setup is vanilla as Oblivion (Nightmother's, Hunding's, Agility jewelry) but it's so fun I am looking forward to getting better pieces. I was thinking that if nothing else I could use the same sets but with Impen instead of Divines.

And any other tips or insights for Stamplar PvP beyond build advice is also welcome.

Thank you :smiley:

29-thank-you-meme-3.jpg
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DirtyWizard
    DirtyWizard
    ✭✭
    If you want to run heavy armor on Stamplar, Ravager is a solid choice. 5 piece bonus has good synergy with Biting Jabs. You can also craft Hunding's heavy if you dont want to roll the dice on the bags, or sift through traders. Automaton and Hulking Draugr make great second sets, since they come in Robust jewelry, which is very important. Monster Helms you can take your pick, I personally run Slimecraw for damage, Blood Spawn if i want to be more sustainable/tanky. Selene is a fine choice as well. At the moment, I run 5 Hunding's , 3 piece body Medium 2 weapons (Nirn sword, precise dagger), 2 pc Heavy Slimecraw, and 5 piece automaton, all wep damage glyphs, all pieces Impenetrable. The damage output is insane, but survivability and sustain become more of a concern. For a more tanky/sustainable setup, I often run Ravager/Blood Spawn/Draugr with 1 cost reduction and 1 recovery glyph on jewelry.

If you are trying to learn Stamplar, I would recommend Heavy Armor to begin with, since Stamplar is not equipped with an on demand class heal, shield, or means of escape. It will help you stay alive, and once you get comfortable or decide you like it, you can experiment with medium, which offers more damage and crit, which is important since Templar gets bonus to both weapon and crit damage. You could keep your current setup, you would need to recraft in impen and at least 5 pieces heavy most likely, but i dont see why it would not be a good starting point. I would also recommend Dubious Camoran throne, as well as A cost reduction and a recovery glyph on your jewelry, at least until you get comfortable with heavy attacking and killing people, since Stamplar is very much a "kill to live" class, relying heavily on repentance for long fights, and if people dont die, you run out of gas.

Entry level build - 5 Hunding, 4 NMG, 3 Agility. 5 pc heavy, 2 pc medium. 1 weapon damage, 1 cost reduct, 1 stam recovery on jewels. dw/2h. DW Bar - Jabs, Javelin, Vigor, Deadly Cloak, Power of the Light, Dawnbreaker/Sweep 2h - Forward Momentum, repentance, rune, ritual, Elude. You can Also swap forward momentum for rally, and elude for shuffle, but I have come to rely on the 8 second snare immunity provided by forward momentum, which is invaluable to me, but Rally is a powerful heal, and perhaps is more useful for starting out.

Stamplar in my experience is a tricky class to play solo due to their lack of escape mechanisms and relatively poor self healing. They are, however, very rewarding and are capable of putting out crazy damage thanks to the aedric spear passives, and i very much enjoy Biting Jabs! Good luck!

@tinythinker
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to run heavy armor on Stamplar, Ravager is a solid choice. 5 piece bonus has good synergy with Biting Jabs. You can also craft Hunding's heavy if you dont want to roll the dice on the bags, or sift through traders. Automaton and Hulking Draugr make great second sets, since they come in Robust jewelry, which is very important. Monster Helms you can take your pick, I personally run Slimecraw for damage, Blood Spawn if i want to be more sustainable/tanky. Selene is a fine choice as well. At the moment, I run 5 Hunding's , 3 piece body Medium 2 weapons (Nirn sword, precise dagger), 2 pc Heavy Slimecraw, and 5 piece automaton, all wep damage glyphs, all pieces Impenetrable. The damage output is insane, but survivability and sustain become more of a concern. For a more tanky/sustainable setup, I often run Ravager/Blood Spawn/Draugr with 1 cost reduction and 1 recovery glyph on jewelry.

If you are trying to learn Stamplar, I would recommend Heavy Armor to begin with, since Stamplar is not equipped with an on demand class heal, shield, or means of escape. It will help you stay alive, and once you get comfortable or decide you like it, you can experiment with medium, which offers more damage and crit, which is important since Templar gets bonus to both weapon and crit damage. You could keep your current setup, you would need to recraft in impen and at least 5 pieces heavy most likely, but i dont see why it would not be a good starting point. I would also recommend Dubious Camoran throne, as well as A cost reduction and a recovery glyph on your jewelry, at least until you get comfortable with heavy attacking and killing people, since Stamplar is very much a "kill to live" class, relying heavily on repentance for long fights, and if people dont die, you run out of gas.

Entry level build - 5 Hunding, 4 NMG, 3 Agility. 5 pc heavy, 2 pc medium. 1 weapon damage, 1 cost reduct, 1 stam recovery on jewels. dw/2h. DW Bar - Jabs, Javelin, Vigor, Deadly Cloak, Power of the Light, Dawnbreaker/Sweep 2h - Forward Momentum, repentance, rune, ritual, Elude. You can Also swap forward momentum for rally, and elude for shuffle, but I have come to rely on the 8 second snare immunity provided by forward momentum, which is invaluable to me, but Rally is a powerful heal, and perhaps is more useful for starting out.

Stamplar in my experience is a tricky class to play solo due to their lack of escape mechanisms and relatively poor self healing. They are, however, very rewarding and are capable of putting out crazy damage thanks to the aedric spear passives, and i very much enjoy Biting Jabs! Good luck!

@tinythinker

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@tinythinker

Lots of good stuff in this post. The quoted section above is pretty key to keep in mind.

I am a special flower an prefer to run 5pc Bone Pirate(med armor), 3 Agility, 2 Troll King, gold weapons(BiS VMA weaps) Troll king gives me 2000 HP recovery per 2 seconds once it goes off, and since I have Ritual and its heals are bad, it procs very often. Damage is great too.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@tinythinker

Lots of good stuff in this post. The quoted section above is pretty key to keep in mind.

I am a special flower an prefer to run 5pc Bone Pirate(med armor), 3 Agility, 2 Troll King, gold weapons(BiS VMA weaps) Troll king gives me 2000 HP recovery per 2 seconds once it goes off, and since I have Ritual and its heals are bad, it procs very often. Damage is great too.
    Good to know. Not PvP, but do the low self heals cause an issue in vMA? Obviously players are different than mobs but learning to deal with tons of damage while maintaining your own has elements that are transferable.

I know I hate being rooted then comboed with Dawnbreaker and Jabs in PvP. Almost have Fighters to 10 on my Stamplar for that ultimate.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran vMA with that build, I didn't get past the first round -- but then I'm also not running divines on all my Bone Pirate pieces, if I were to run vMA, I should run with DW/Bow, and a different gear set up (like VO). I'm also bad at PvE. So my PvE rotation needs better work.

I don't think the HP regain ticks are enough for something like vMA. Stronger heals and shields seem to be better for me for vMA. Stamina toon wise, you have to play pretty perfectly for vMA. Though, someone else reading who actually did it on a stam toon can post their insight for that.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 14, 2017 2:48PM
  • DirtyWizard
    DirtyWizard
    ✭✭
    I have cleared vet Maelstrom on my Stamplar with my exact PvP gear, including impen traits. Not ideal, mainly ran it just to see if it was possible, had not done Maelstrom on any character in a long time. swapped 2h for bow, since maelstrom bow is mandatory at this point, but gear wise you can do it with just about anything that makes sense (my first maelstrom clear long ago was your exact setup, hunding nmg agility on a stamblade) although Vicious Ophidian would make things much smoother sustain wise.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA for stamclasses is always the same, Vicious Ophidian + whatever 5 pieces (hundings, spinners, etc) + 2 velidreth and g2g, just switch glyhps/food so you can sustain properly. Completed vMA with my stamplar a plethora of times, but i have to say that is one of the hardest stam classes to do vMA (But also really easy to get into the weekly rewards since nobody likes to do vMA with stamplars :D)
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 14, 2017 6:18PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    vMA for stamclasses is always the same, Vicious Ophidian + whatever 5 pieces (hundings, spinners, etc) + 2 velidreth and g2g, just switch glyhps/food so you can sustain properly. Completed vMA with my stamplar a plethora of times, but i have to say that is one of the hardest stam classes to do vMA (But also really easy to get into the weekly rewards since nobody likes to do vMA with stamplars :D)

That's OK, I can't beat vMA anyway, I was just curious how much my dodging and burst damage in one would prepare me for the other.