The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Would you swap real life for a life in Tamriel as your toon etc

DRXHarbinger
DRXHarbinger
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Discussion whilst waiting for someone to join a raid last night, said he'd be 5 mins but 1hr later still waiting and this in depth discussion took place.

If say..Akatosh popped up in your living room / basement or wherever you play and offered you a one off transfer to go to Tamriel would you take it and why? It's a one way trip!
Things to consider that we came up with.
You do not actually know how to fight, it will involve actual combat and not mashing of keys, it's kill or be killed.
You do not know how to hunt and gather to feed yourself.
You have 0 skills of use in an environment like this. Carpenters and construction workers maybe.
Not sure if soul gems work on non vestiges.
Daedra can pop up at anytime.
There is no save and log out, must have a house and travel all the way there.
Most of us have 0 riding experience.
You have never used Siege equipment before.
Dragons may come back.
Lag and Freezes may or may not be present.

But if you were given the chance to say, Be a DK and live in Tamriel with all the powers and skill lines (but none of the simple courage etc) Would you take it and start your life again? What you go in as? Race+Class? What kind of life would you intend to life?

I actually would, not some sad low life or anything...but I think I'd take to the life of Powerlashing people, living of the earth / realm, having fire skills and riding a Dro Martha Senche to work (unsure if I'd have the skin or not)

This convo went quite deep and when you think about it...it wouldn't be a particularly easy life.

What think, let's get some input.
Edited by DRXHarbinger on September 13, 2017 12:23PM
PC Master Race

1001CP
8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
Master Angler
Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
Tamriel Hero
Grand Overlord
Every Skyshard
Down With BOP!

Would you swap real life for a life in Tamriel as your toon etc 211 votes

Yes, I'd be straight off.
46%
vailjohn_ESOOnuOmnisoulMithoronrotaugen454QueoAzuryaIruil_ESODhukathKharnisValen_ByteSavos_SarenKetarmishZunaRoathLoralai_907WingHatchetHaroOmniDoNyghthowlerHuyen 99 votes
No.
53%
NestorlaurajfCavalryPKRiptideMisterBigglesworthCaligamy_ESOMojmirGrymmoireCpt_TeemoMadyprofundidob16_ESOTureluskyria.paganb16_ESOdanno8Grim13anitajoneb17_ESOvrinecwells74ub17_ESOTHEDKEXPERIENCEjbjondeaueb17_ESO 112 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I don't have the survival skills to exist in a world like that, first mean thing that wanted to eat me I found would have a great lunch.

Also they don't have forums in Tamriel, that's the only place I can be a warrior and feel good at it. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It would be a bit like moving to a 3rd world country with a really high crime rate.

I've also never seen a toilet in all of Tamriel. That would suck.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No... I like my real life...
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You seriously ask me would I rather be a sDK Nord tank or continue to be wretched neckbeard living in my mom's basement?
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I think it would be kinds cool, but I like not dieing, so I'm going to pass
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Realistically, you'll just end up as one of those corpses in the Imperial city that are burnt and on a spike or something

You'll be that person that the real heroes walk past and be like "wow, how could they d-...oo look over there, a skyshard!"
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Thanks, but I like my real life :P I'll take a stressful job over fighting off dog sized rats any day!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I really enjoy all the modern comforts like indoor plumbing, toothpaste and not dying from preventable diseases.

That being said, if I was forcibly taken to Tamriel, I'd become a traveling merchant - those guys are indestructible.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No. But I would ask Akatosh if I could take a picture of him. That would be cool.
    It would be nice to have some of my char's abilities irl and/or have a lifespan of an altmer, but Nirn doesnt seem like a good place to live. And I would miss my real life, friends and family.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irl nord turned dunmer
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get to be an Argonian.

Sign me the **** up.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on September 13, 2017 12:44PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I value my private parts and having flushable toilets. :D
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    One things games cannot get across is the smell of medieval worlds.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It would be fun for a while, but there's no internet/electricity in Tamriel.
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    I would rl for a toon.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i would its amazing world full of interesting things,people and danger and if could become a khajiit oh my i would love that and meeting other khajiits that would be awesome :blush:
    Sure it can be short life, but it would be very amazing life thats for sure.:smile: .
    Edited by SilverPaws on December 30, 2017 11:43PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No way, man.. No internets! I wouldn't be able to play ESO!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In a heartbeat.
  • Krogmo
    Krogmo
    ✭✭✭
    If I pop up in tamriel and I know I'm in a dream and don't have enough self-confidence to achieve CHIM, would I zero-sum?

If yes, I say no.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I'd do it for a holiday like a few months or something but no I couldn't permanently, there's a few people in my life if I were to leave (same as death tbh) would be distraught and I couldn't bring that pain on them.

It would be a very selfish decision.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on September 13, 2017 1:28PM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I want to die already anyway.
    PC/EU DC
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me I have a family and children, so ultimately I wouldn't choose leaving them, but if I was in a situation where I was alone and it wouldn't cause other people problems, and I didn't have a family I would miss...

If I was the "vestige" and could come back to life at the nearest wayshrine to try again then I could be interested. If I was just a wimpy mortal that was going to get killed by the first wolf I see then most likely not.

As for class, I would definitely go magicka Nightblade... I mean fire is cool and all, but I am going for the class that can be invisible and live to fight another day if things go south. Not to mention being able to pull blood from my enemies to heal myself. Imagine how intimidating that would be for your opponents...

Playing since beta...
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No but...

things in Tamriel I wish were real:

* Can instantly travel anywhere in the world for a few coins.
    * Cooking takes less than a second, and food doesn't spoil.
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue is a lack of security. In ES, anyone can pick your door, come into your house, steal your valuables, kill you in your dream and their bounty will be off in 30m.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure, can´t wait to set foot on Vvardenfell!
    And worship at the shrine of Azura!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Not a chance. My guy is a walking God and he still gets killed every day.

Besides, if I wanted to fight 5 foot bugs I'd just move to Florida.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

tunepunk wrote: »
    No but...

things in Tamriel I wish were real:

* Can instantly travel anywhere in the world for a few coins.
    * Cooking takes less than a second, and food doesn't spoil.

I see spoiled food in Tamriel...[
    Edited by sevomd69 on September 13, 2017 2:22PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    indoor plumbing, 'nuff said.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭
    Would I have to go in vma?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    If I could become my game toon in the sense that I am immortal and will respawn at will on death at full health, then sure, I would swap back and forth.

However, as OP pointed out, it would be difficult for most of us to just survive in Tamriel much less thrive. I mean, think about it, 90% of the places you go, someone or something wants to kill you for being there, 90% of the people in the game have a favor to ask of you that puts your life and health on the line, and quite frankly, not that many of us are in the kind of shape we need to be in to hike all over that world with a few hundred pounds of stuff on our backs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"