Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite Class and why

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
options added in the same order that they are listed in game

so do you have a favorite class and why?

love at first sight of a skill or something? particle effects pretty? abilities? gameplay archetype?

please vote and comment on why below!

<3
Edited by Wing on September 12, 2017 4:49AM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick

Favorite Class and why 276 votes

Dragonknight
19%
Sigtricm2super_ESOAsaredsebbanValen_ByteXylthaxSavos_SarenkojouWingerebozbottleofsyrupHanzusmalchiorTannus15Bluepitbull13TitansteelepaulsimonpsNemeliomLiofaMerkabeh 53 votes
Sorcerer
18%
WuffyCeruleiYulsThestephenmcraeub17_ESOAlex_LexhondelinkkimaerildsalterAmourLylithDemycilianDymenceElFonz0MayraelAnhedonieMrCray78GrisemnGlimmer50ADarkloredelclay23Chelister 50 votes
Nightblade
31%
MorbashDeathStalkerMojmirkendellking_chaosb14_ESOMithoronAzuryaIruil_ESOixieSoupDragonYakidafiKoensolZiRMPurpleDranksubtlezeroub17_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOFlameheartactoshCîanaiQUEZ420phermitgb 87 votes
Templar
20%
akredon_ESOFat_Cat45DeadlyRecluseNewBlacksmurfAlMcFlyGlassHalfFullDeHeiTHEDKEXPERIENCEDaraughKetarmishmertustaIts_AlexissollTommy83xcalibur007HymzirTaleof2CitiesCalandraeKatinasMissBizz 56 votes
Warden
10%
EarrindoNemesis7884TryxusZunaRoathSirCriticalNyghthowlerHuyenkamimarkJade1986Phinix1TenofasSarevoccVanHalenshadelonDefiltedNeirymnBrrrofskiFrostFallFoxtheher0notRupzSkooma 30 votes
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Nightblade Vampire and Templar. Although recently, I've found playing a sorcerer with the destruction Staff skills to be quite entertaining. Warden sucks. Too slow and boring, though I think the theme is great for Bosmer characters. Dragonknight is just meh for me.
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I'm a Magicka Nightblade Vampire. It just fit my playstyle :)
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I love playing my vampire magplar. I like the skills and she seems to survive better than my other characters.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade just has fun skillz.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I don't have a favourite, I've played and got 1 of each class spec (stam and mag) and had a lot of fun on all of them.
    From tank DK, healer Templar, ganking nb, mag sorc etc I've played them all.

Actually not played Magden yet.

Think in Pvp I have most fun on stamblade.

PVE is hard to say for me personally which class I like the most.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    giphy.gif
    PS4 NA DC
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    love my dw magplar and stamplar. they both do a lot of single target and aoe damage and love their playstyle
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Blink blink! Kill here, kill there. Sorc also has Negate - this skill really makes the difference in PvP so it gives you real way to stop the zergs.

+ everyone hates sorcs.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Ajintse wrote: »
    I'm a Magicka Nightblade Vampire. It just fit my playstyle :)

I think this has got to be some of the most fun you can have in ESO with your pants on.

the sheer amount of sneaky, mobility, and tricky CC you have access to just makes it such a fun time.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade is my favorite for a couple of reasons. It was my first class I made. Also, I just like stealthy characters in general, and I find the Nightblade's skill set far more fun and satisfying to use than any other class, especially magblade.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Dragon Knight.
    Because dragons.
    And Knights.

That said, I spend more time on my StamSorc because they are OP solo
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Stibby stabby stab stab stab
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    bolt-escape-should-be-deleted-from-the-game.jpg
    :D:D:D
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on September 12, 2017 6:24AM
  • Asared
    Asared
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Glorious Masterra.. err, i mean Class.

Glorious Dragonknights
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    DK. Nuff said.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Nightblade Vampire and Templar. Although recently, I've found playing a sorcerer with the destruction Staff skills to be quite entertaining. Warden sucks. Too slow and boring, though I think the theme is great for Bosmer characters. Dragonknight is just meh for me.

They sort of gimped the visual Warden style (which is otherwise pretty cool) with that unnatural-looking laser beam connecting you to your Betty (WORST VISUAL EFFECT EVER).

With some tweaks to animations and particle effects though (make the Betty effect like a softer arcane leaf swirl glow around you and keep the effect strength on the Betty more or less but LOSE THE BEAM) I could enjoy playing a Warden.

I'm sure some clever way to buff Magicka Warden DPS and some general bug fixes (Maturation passive, etc.) are incoming.

Edited by Phinix1 on September 12, 2017 2:59PM
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    From a PvE point of view:

Nightblade, closely followed by my DK. I have a Stamblade and a Magblade. My Magblade I even play as a tank and sometimes as a healer (full Worm + SPC) in 4-man-stuff.

Most versatile class for PvE (group- and soloplay) and PvP in my eyes. The only difference after Morrowind is now, that I damned enjoy to play my stamblade as DD. Stamina DD is such a fun now and imho it's the only playstyle where you still experience the so called "fast paced combat" in ESO.

Most boring class to play -> magSorc. If magicka builds wouldn't have the advantage to play all three roles at least for 4-man-stuff by just changing gear with a click for Dressing Room (and playing sorctank and healer is some kind of fun sometimes and shortens queue times for pledges in the lfg tool by a large amount), I would have converted my Altmer MagSorc to a Redguard StamSorc months ago.

Edited by Flameheart on September 12, 2017 6:57AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder, where is an Orc choise in the poll?
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    NB because NB skills + DW/Bow are a fun combo and excellent for melting stuff.
    Stannum wrote: »
    I wonder, where is an Orc choise in the poll?
    Orc isn't a class.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I choose none.

Warden is too offensively neutered for my tastes.

Templar has been amputated for the sake of PVP balance. So has nightblade.

DK has also been neutered. Sorc, while not being exactly great at tanking, remains fairly good in a blocktank capacity.

Thing is? I hate -all- these options. God forbid we have a blood-knight equivilent with a active rotation.

Therefor I simply dont play. I tried to get back into the game with warden, but it's ZOS attempting to bend even healtanks to the blocktank mold.
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade for sure. I like thief/stealth classes in other games so its a good fit for me.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Fire
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting
    Those kids were fast as lightning
    In fact, it was a little bit frightening
    But they fought with expert timing
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I love the solitude of invisibility.

And ganking.

PC EU
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Fire.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Stamblade of course

dual wielding, bow sniping, ninja ambushing, classy finishing. whats not to love.

plus its a bit stronger than it had been when I started (first class love???)

Now if I could only just get the look right.
    EU PS4
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I love the solitude of invisibility.

And ganking.

That moment when you are invisible and all alone in a field with 75 other NBs.
    Edited by Enslaved on September 12, 2017 8:09AM
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it pretty hard to choose really.

My main stamsorc is kind of nice, but I don't like the sorcerer skills except for streak and surge. There's pretty much no good stamina morphs on the sorc so you're left with what other skill lines have to offer, which kind of sucks.

I like the playstyle of my Magplar, but currently in the process of respeccing it to stamplar, to try that out as well, as I really don't like to play light armored. Because you're sloooooow as hell, low stamina pool, and can sprint for like 2 seconds. And i don't like mounts, so you just feel sluggish moving around as light armored, and can roll dodge or block once or then you're out of stamina.

All I know is that I like good mobility, so movement speed, and charge skills is a must. But havn't really found my perfect setup yet, but the stamsorc comes pretty close.

DK and NB i recently just started to level, so I can't really say anything until i hit max level and tried all the abilities.

Warden i never played though.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden because of my bear companion as a lone wolf.
    Plus it suits well with my Nord character along with winter abilities .
    Also I can be a stam-healer if I want to :P
    I know there is no meta for Warden RN but I play for fun rather than Glory haha
    I make games for Glory.
    Edited by RupzSkooma on September 12, 2017 11:58AM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I love my tankplar. I can heal all day, take a ton of damage and dish out a fair bit. Great for PVE.

For PVP, I love magblade. A lot of people choose stamblades which will be reflected in this poll, but magblade is the hardest class/version to play and the most rewarding when you survive and rez your team.

I barely come across any magblades in Cyrodil because literally every other class/version is easier to play.