The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alc writs not working properly.

norebb16_ESO
norebb16_ESO
✭✭
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem. Log in with daily's from previous days and complete the crafting writs only to have every writ be available for the new day ACCEPT alchemy.

This is a new issue I've encountered and quite frankly it's very annoying.

The most valuable of the items you can get writs and surveys for not working properly....
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Xbox eu and haven't seen that yet.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • luringoregon3
    luringoregon3
    Soul Shriven
    I had that happen after the latest DLC and patch, but after a day and full cycle of doing the writs it started to perform correctly.
    My frustration however is completing the Alchemy Master writs. I have time and time again tried to complete one (used the Alchemy calculator and countless combinations of reagents) and still can't fabricate the required 20 potions to complete the quest.
    What am I doing wrong !!!! :/
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has happened to me PS4 NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that happen after the latest DLC and patch, but after a day and full cycle of doing the writs it started to perform correctly.
    My frustration however is completing the Alchemy Master writs. I have time and time again tried to complete one (used the Alchemy calculator and countless combinations of reagents) and still can't fabricate the required 20 potions to complete the quest.

If it's asking for 20 then it wants a posion. So use the Oils not the Waters (solvents)

I tend to ignore the writs that ask for posion unless I know the exact recipe.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• norebb16_ESO
    norebb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    ^
    Poisons are easy though. Same thing you would do for the potion just switch the reagent from water to poison.

I have had this be a recurring issue though since the last patch. Even after full cycles I'm still having the issue, it amounts to if I don't get the quests every day and do them every day before reset I lose my alc writ...
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without an exact, step-by-step description of what you are doing, I doubt that anyone can advise as to what you are doing wrong. But the first thing is to be sure that you have enough of the required solvent and reagents on hand to make the potion or poison.

Have you tried the add-on "Potion Maker"? It will also craft a Poison that is specified by a daily Alchemy Crafting Writ, but, in my experience, the player must choose the Poison feature on the UI before checking the box that tells Potion Maker to search for potions or for poisons.
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: this has been happening a lot to me the past few days.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps