Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what warden is better (tankyer/burstier) in pvp magwarden or stamwarden

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamden if only I had another character slot, just to see.

Still want to try a "hybrid"

Fury + Pelinal sounds cool and the idea itself opens up a lot of choices

Fury+pelinal definitely works on magika builds. I think the skill floor and cap are both through the roof though.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357839/vyr-cor-return-hybrid-dk-pvp-sorc-theory-crafting/p1

That was morrowind, with damage proc sets mostly getting nerfed this build should, in theory, perform better for HotR
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 1, 2017 2:20AM
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trashs1

Try this Build out, it may interest you. it gets updates as needed & more importantly, It is a versatile build for a variety of situations, it can get you through normal maelstrom arena if used correctly & can even allow one to complete Fungal Grotto I solo on normal. (Like I have so many times.) I once even did the Veteran hard mode for it with my bud (who uses a restoration sorcerer) took me less than an hour, but with the damage I dished out, I could two-man it without dying.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/351953/were-warden-build-update-1-2-divine-were-warden
    Edited by Skullstachio on September 1, 2017 2:59AM
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    thx a lot at all :)
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BGs it's hard not feel like you can beat anyone

In a group of Wardens... (BG set us up with, myself and two other wardens, and someone else)

Trees! Trees Everywhere! It was a slaughter as well.

I need more Warden Xbox buds

GT: Hutch679 my magden is a monster in BGs
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    In BGs it's hard not feel like you can beat anyone

In a group of Wardens... (BG set us up with, myself and two other wardens, and someone else)

Trees! Trees Everywhere! It was a slaughter as well.

I need more Warden Xbox buds

GT: Hutch679 my magden is a monster in BGs

Once I start playing again I'll hit you up
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the setting in Bg's mag Warden's are the biggest nuisances you'll face, a team of wardens is pure cancer.

I've seen what 3 Warden's & a Templar can do, it's just no beating them in that setting.

Open world 1vx probably stam Warden's because they also have the mobility while being tanky.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the setting in Bg's mag Warden's are the biggest nuisances you'll face, a team of wardens is pure cancer.

I've seen what 3 Warden's & a Templar can do, it's just no beating them in that setting.

Open world 1vx probably stam Warden's because they also have the mobility while being tanky.

Yeah a team of 4 wardens is pretty tough. So many heals and they have decent burst with the bugs
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solo/small scale:

stam warden is nice. great possibility to combo for bursts and can thus build rather tanky and live very long due to forest spam. -> very well rounded class. can be jealous of stamblade & stamsorc mobility & escape but is just a great class, atm.
    mag warden works, but imho has a problem in that you're somewhat torn between decent selfheals (but nothing like HoD/BoL spam from templars to "tank") and using damage shields (good, but not what synergizes so well with warden skills)

ball groups:

stam warden: I only really see him as a speedbot with permafrost but imho stamsrocs are just better at that (stam management, negate and perma are both incredible but once your group has everything, another negate is almost always better). albeit shalk armor/spellres debuff is great but not too realistic to use it very well without slacking on the speed.

mag warden: if you assume there already are a few templars using repentance etc, you can be a really great healer with extra utility in corrupting pollen and an incredible ult like permafrost. imho the best way to bring a warden to a larger group. it can be hard to have good major mending uptime, but it is absolutely possible and lets your springs hit larger than templar's

large, non-ball groups:

l2p and rethink the way you play eso , imho
    Edited by Kas on September 4, 2017 1:00PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    am thinking of running stam warden SnB//Bow be a CC king haha

Thats what I do, the beginning is rough, but once you get certain abilities up and running, its good.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a tank with warden you want to stack health. Because most of their tank abilities are based off max health.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    As a tank with warden you want to stack health. Because most of their tank abilities are based off max health.

Not for PvP you don't. Artic wind is a nice heal in Pve, but in PvP mushrooms will be better. By a lot.

Ice spikes scales off health, but you're only using that for the root, not the damage.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 5, 2017 11:09AM
  • IEatCivics
    IEatCivics
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking to be tanky and support Warden, such as Healing in Negates while standing in an enemy Storm, Major Defiling, Permafrosting when your team is bombing, giving Major Resolve& Major Ward, pumping out Minor Maim to enemies while buffing your Stam Regen from multiple sources and throwing out Ulti's quickly, I recommend this build. It's strait Heals, tankiness, dps, so you need the right group to run this at it's potential, but you're the only tanky healer who can stand in a negate and heal yourself and your whole team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03p6MFTRIU
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    laced wrote: »

Not for PvP you don't. Artic wind is a nice heal in Pve, but in PvP mushrooms will be better. By a lot.

Ice spikes scales off health, but you're only using that for the root, not the damage.

As a tank in pvp I am always using defensive support skills and having ballistas or meatbags up in the middle of giant battles. If I didnt stack health, I would be dead in an instant. It depends on what type of tank you want in pvp. Defensive / siege, or offensive.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok I'm working on my stam warden now, ive decided its best for my build to go SnB/Dual wield. because the warden benefits from every dualwield passive. the one that stood out the most to me is the ruffian passive. you can lock down your enemy and while you have them immobilized your dual wield attacks do 15% additional damage. also, the warden gains minor toughness when being healed, slot bloodthirst and blood craze for a constant health buff while dual wielding, and vigor ticks while on SnB bar.
    granted my stam warden isn't max level yet, I'm starting to put pieces together on how to optimize this build around my playstyle. So far I really like the combo shalk, bird of prey, shielded assault, LA, heroic slash, shield bash, *bar swap* gripping shards, then go ham with bloodthirst and blood craze and dawnbreaker if its up :)
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC