Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

CP26 and No Build

Fereldyn
Fereldyn
✭✭
So I've really only ever done solo play for as long as I've owned the game, and have just mucked along without much care or concern for what was going where, why, and the like.

I've rediscovered the game since the Morrowind expansion (hadn't played for at least a year prior), and now that I'm getting more into it, I've realized something:

I had no clue how to build a character.

I'm a Breton Dragonknight at CP26 and never once, before now, thought about how to properly build him for anything other than not dying solo.

Is there anything about that would help me re-jig this character given how (relatively) far along I am for turning my mind towards a build for the first time?
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out alcasthq.com for some good build ideas. I run similiar to a couple of his builds and do well. Youll find what u like and dont like.
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Just so you know, there are shrines to reset Skill point allocations and Attribute allocations (Health, Stamina, Magicka); and you can redistribute you CP at will. Shrines are in Wayrest Church for DC (not sure if actually a church, just what I call it); not sure where they are for EP and AD.

It all costs gold, but you can change it all.

Or, I think crown store has items that will do the same.

I got impression from OP, that you were not aware these existed. So, letting you know, no harm no foul, you can always start towards a build.
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would first start with a role. What role would you like to play in group content? Seeing as you are a Breton, I would hazard a guess at a Healer or a magicka dps. Magicka tanks work as well, but probably not the best for end game trials. Once you have decided on a role, you can look up your build and skill rotations if you need to for some ideas.

To be fair, you don't really have to worry about your gear sets until you hit cp160. There isn't any point in farming/crafting them before, as you'll simply out level and trash them.

Having said that, you should use the time it takes to get to cp160 to learn your skills, how they work and what goes well with what. Your rotation matters.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    Breton DK, to be specific. Near as I can tell from my quick reading, I picked a pretty incompatible mix way back when.

Any sense of what mix-ups like me normally go for?
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fereldyn wrote: »
    Breton DK, to be specific. Near as I can tell from my quick reading, I picked a pretty incompatible mix way back when.

Any sense of what mix-ups like me normally go for?

Magicka DKs do very well as dps. Although Dunmer would be the optimal choice for Magicka DK dps, the difference between Dunmer and Breton is small.

You could also be one of the illusive DK healers. It's really up to what you like playing.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    Does it make more sense to get to CP160 and then worry about re-arranging everything, or should I start down that road now?
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fereldyn wrote: »
    Does it make more sense to get to CP160 and then worry about re-arranging everything, or should I start down that road now?

Well if your attributes aren't all in Magicka already, I'd suggest doing that now. That will help you even in solo play as it boosts your damage. (Assuming Magicka build of course)

For skills and morphs, you could wait until you decide on a role and build before you remorph them. Not necessarily before cp160, but not necessarily after either.

Gear should definitely wait till cp160.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the help.