The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Charged trait

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What does it do exactly?

Best Answers

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if you found your answer already, but I came across this that might help:
    http://alcasthq.com/status-effects-eso/
    :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Answer ✓
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The charged trait is going to boost the effects in that list stated by Alcast. Idk if it's been explicitly stated here, but if it helps:

Let's use the weapon enchantment proc from the list:
    - 20% chance to proc (baseline)
    - This is doubled by Elemental Force passive, so now 40%
    - Charged buffs this chance by an additional 110%, so 40% * 2.10 = 84% (note that using 1.10 here would only be a 10% increase)

So, this weapon enchantment on a charged weapon has an 84% chance to proc.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 28, 2017 5:42PM
    Answer ✓
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits

Don't trust the stats because I don't know if they keep this updated but the descriptions are valid. Not to be a jerk man but this is the first result in a bing search for "charged trait"
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I googled it but the description I found (same as yours) does not adequately explain the trait's functionality.

Which is why I asked here... don't assume everyone is a lazy child. Oh, and Bing? O.o
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be helpful to know what it is exactly about the description that's unclear to you, or there's a big chance everyone is just going to direct you towards google. ;)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    It would be helpful to know what it is exactly about the description that's unclear to you, or there's a big chance everyone is just going to direct you towards google. ;)

Good point :-)

I'm wondering whether the 100% refer to the staff effect (burn/chill/concuss) or the enchantment effect (like mag return) or both, and at which rate both apply percentage-wise.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good question, and I honestly don't know for sure but I'm inclined to say enchantment effect only, based on comments in this thread.
    Also found this thread, and while it doesn't necessarily address your question.. considering the amount of testing that OP has done with a charged staff, they'll probably be able to answer it. :)@Masel92
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

- Sheogorath
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    Don't know if you found your answer already, but I came across this that might help:
    http://alcasthq.com/status-effects-eso/
    :)

Awesome, thanks man!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several interesting builds around charged weapons, do a search here ...
    :smile:
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for necro I ment to search the forum and accidentally posted. Sorry!
    Edited by Casul on August 31, 2017 11:51PM
    PvP needs more love.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anyone in the future searching for information, watch this, https://youtu.be/St5v-bMeGDc
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charged greatly increases the chance of your weapon procing a status effect (chilled, burning, concussed, etc). I'm more familiar with the magic related effects but there are physical weapon ones too such as bleed. You can get an idea on the effects of the them from the passives in the respective weapon skill line. For example concussed enemies (from lightning staves) take an extra 8% damage, burning 20%, etc. Then you can proc secondary effects. Concussed enemies hit with a lightning Wall of Elements for example will be set off balance, be stunned, and take significantly more damage especially with the Exploiter CP passive.

The charged trait is really nice in certain roles. A healer using a lightning staff in charged will concuss and set enemies off balance more often creating opportunities for more damage from the group. Burning after HotR update is supposed to do about double the damage as before so can be great for mDKs and such.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    There are several interesting builds around charged weapons, do a search here ...
    :smile:

*cough* masel92 xD
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Does charged lightning 1h sword works well on heavy magdk? so i can use my procced flame lash every time i light attack?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrediath wrote: »
    Does charged lightning 1h sword works well on heavy magdk? so i can use my procced flame lash every time i light attack?

It works very good (especially in vMA). Just make sure to use a shock-damage enchant on that lightning staff though or else it won´t proc as often.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrediath wrote: »

You still need wall of elements for that. If so, then yeah, charged is decent.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.