Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Mirakuru" BowBow Stamina Warden (Wrathstone DLC ready)

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He is technically right, but his reasoning is somehow skewed (if I understand it at all). I think he either doesnt understand you would have to remove CP from somewhere to put it in la/ha cp or he is greatly miscalculating how much damage is DoT on your parser.

Getting 10% to la/ha costs just 16points, which sounds good, but removing 16 points from anything decereases damage by more

To lose 8 cp from thaum and put them in la/ha and not lose DPS is to have DoT damage at 25% and less...
    Edited by SodanTok on August 29, 2017 8:46PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Endless hail is not bufded by MaA, its buffes by Thaum.

I tested it before Horns of the Reach, and it definitely only was buffed by Master at arms and Mighty. As I posted, its incredibly counter-intuitive, but unless that champion point was changed for HotR and I missed it in the patch notes, it gets nothing from Thauma.
    2. I dint use Dive except as a filler skill, its not even in my rotation...simoly there if I need to hit something from range.

If you had 66 CP in MaA, you might use it more...
    3. I dont guess my CP distributions, I use Combat Metrics and Constellations addons which allow me calculate the best distribution based on my rotation and gear.
    4. Points in heavy attacks are not an efficient way to distribute CP.

I'm only passing on what I've found from personal experimentation on my own stam warden.

If you are heavy attacking every 3-4 seconds on average, and light attacking weaving 2-3 times between heavy attacks, then it's definitely more efficient than investing in thaumaturge to boost just your poison injection, trap beast, and (maybe) caltrops. A 10% increase to LA/HA will usually add 0.6%-0.8% total DPS to your rotation. That's more than you will get from other champion point possibilities at a certain point.
    5. Lots of points into Precise strikes is a waste. With a nerf to thief and shadow, our crit is lower and we therefore benefit less from boost in crit damage versus other damage bonuses.

I don't disagree on this one, but if you are optimizing for trials in an environment where all the physical resistance debuffs are up, then you'll only really need about 600 penetration to fully penetrate, so anymore than 6 CP in piercing will be overkill, and with over 50 points in mighty and MaA, the next best booster for damage will be precise strikes. It affects all of your skills and assuming you aren't using the shadow, crit damage bonuses are stronger when you have less of it and lots of crit chance. This amount of CP would put your modfier a little under 1.7x without trap beast, which at 100% crit chance would be equivalent to a roughly 13.3% increase to damage done; more than you are getting from the same amount in mighty. With trap beast up it's slightly less compared to mighty, but essentially the two are equally beneficial for non-stamblades and non-stamplars.
    6. Subterranian with my rotation is cast almost on cooldown, so Im not sure what you mean.
    Can you please post a parae on your warden so that I can see what numbers your ideas are getting?

I'm at work, so it would be difficult, but I'm ultimately working towards that. I built my Warden on my girlfriend's account and she had yet to reach level 50 on either of her toons, so I've only gotten to CP 240 on this account as of yesterday after starting this character maybe 7 weeks ago at level 1 She has just leveled her first character to max level on my account which is currently at CP 632. In other words, my build still needs optimization, but what I can do is post a video showing my unbuffed tooltips as I increase CP in Thauma, Mighty, and MaA in increments of 3%.

1. Just tested it....definitely scales with thaum as it always did...
    2. I dont use it because i dont think its a DPS gain...as you mentioned above making sure that Subterranian Assualt is always up is key and you cant keep it up without heavy attacking 4 times...
    3. It does not...these things are not estimated or guessed man, they are mathematically calculated by an addon...
    4. Total penetration necesary - 18100
    Sunderflame - 3340
    Major Fracture - 5280
    Minor Fracture (80% uptime) - 1056
    Nightmothers - 2580
    Infused Crusher (75%) - 1581
    Alkosh (80%) - 2408
    Total pen - 16245
    Difference - 1855

In my group we dont have a stamplar so our pen is short by 3k on easy trials...on harder trials sunderflame, infused crusher are a lot lower than 100%, so we are around 4k short...hence why CP is necessary...so not sure what you mean...
    5. I can tell you that in my opinion the skill, set and CP distribution is the best possible one, calculated and tested meticulously. But you are welcome to prove me wrong by posting a parse:)

I am going to take that one personally! :smiley:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Endless hail is not bufded by MaA, its buffes by Thaum.

I tested it before Horns of the Reach, and it definitely only was buffed by Master at arms and Mighty. As I posted, its incredibly counter-intuitive, but unless that champion point was changed for HotR and I missed it in the patch notes, it gets nothing from Thauma.
    2. I dint use Dive except as a filler skill, its not even in my rotation...simoly there if I need to hit something from range.

If you had 66 CP in MaA, you might use it more...
    3. I dont guess my CP distributions, I use Combat Metrics and Constellations addons which allow me calculate the best distribution based on my rotation and gear.
    4. Points in heavy attacks are not an efficient way to distribute CP.

I'm only passing on what I've found from personal experimentation on my own stam warden.

If you are heavy attacking every 3-4 seconds on average, and light attacking weaving 2-3 times between heavy attacks, then it's definitely more efficient than investing in thaumaturge to boost just your poison injection, trap beast, and (maybe) caltrops. A 10% increase to LA/HA will usually add 0.6%-0.8% total DPS to your rotation. That's more than you will get from other champion point possibilities at a certain point.
    5. Lots of points into Precise strikes is a waste. With a nerf to thief and shadow, our crit is lower and we therefore benefit less from boost in crit damage versus other damage bonuses.

I don't disagree on this one, but if you are optimizing for trials in an environment where all the physical resistance debuffs are up, then you'll only really need about 600 penetration to fully penetrate, so anymore than 6 CP in piercing will be overkill, and with over 50 points in mighty and MaA, the next best booster for damage will be precise strikes. It affects all of your skills and assuming you aren't using the shadow, crit damage bonuses are stronger when you have less of it and lots of crit chance. This amount of CP would put your modfier a little under 1.7x without trap beast, which at 100% crit chance would be equivalent to a roughly 13.3% increase to damage done; more than you are getting from the same amount in mighty. With trap beast up it's slightly less compared to mighty, but essentially the two are equally beneficial for non-stamblades and non-stamplars.
    6. Subterranian with my rotation is cast almost on cooldown, so Im not sure what you mean.
    Can you please post a parae on your warden so that I can see what numbers your ideas are getting?

I'm at work, so it would be difficult, but I'm ultimately working towards that. I built my Warden on my girlfriend's account and she had yet to reach level 50 on either of her toons, so I've only gotten to CP 240 on this account as of yesterday after starting this character maybe 7 weeks ago at level 1 She has just leveled her first character to max level on my account which is currently at CP 632. In other words, my build still needs optimization, but what I can do is post a video showing my unbuffed tooltips as I increase CP in Thauma, Mighty, and MaA in increments of 3%.

1. Just tested it....definitely scales with thaum as it always did...
    2. I dont use it because i dont think its a DPS gain...as you mentioned above making sure that Subterranian Assualt is always up is key and you cant keep it up without heavy attacking 4 times...
    3. It does not...these things are not estimated or guessed man, they are mathematically calculated by an addon...
    4. Total penetration necesary - 18100
    Sunderflame - 3340
    Major Fracture - 5280
    Minor Fracture (80% uptime) - 1056
    Nightmothers - 2580
    Infused Crusher (75%) - 1581
    Alkosh (80%) - 2408
    Total pen - 16245
    Difference - 1855

In my group we dont have a stamplar so our pen is short by 3k on easy trials...on harder trials sunderflame, infused crusher are a lot lower than 100%, so we are around 4k short...hence why CP is necessary...so not sure what you mean...
    5. I can tell you that in my opinion the skill, set and CP distribution is the best possible one, calculated and tested meticulously. But you are welcome to prove me wrong by posting a parse:)

I am going to take that one personally! :smiley:

Noooooo! Bear tou are my Sunderflame hero!
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    He is technically right, but his reasoning is somehow skewed (if I understand it at all). I think he either doesnt understand you would have to remove CP from somewhere to put it in la/ha cp or he is greatly miscalculating how much damage is DoT on your parser.

Getting 10% to la/ha costs just 16points, which sounds good, but removing 16 points from anything decereases damage by more

To lose 8 cp from thaum and put them in la/ha and not lose DPS is to have DoT damage at 25% and less...

Well, I would be taking it out of thauma and putting it mostly into MaA, with about 8-9 in PWE when the gains from MaA become too small.

Here you go.Thauma has no effect on any of your skills except 80% of Rending Slashes damage, 70% of Poison Injection's, 60% for Beast Trap, and probably Caltrops (I'll try to check this tonight). The most you should ever have in Thauma is 29 CP, but it's lower in priority than even Heavy Weapons expert.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EFjsOnP2g50

Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on August 30, 2017 3:37PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I would be taking it out of thauma and putting it mostly into MaA, with about 8-9 in PWE when the gains from MaA become too small.

Here you go.Thauma has no effect on any of your skills except 80% of Rending Slashes damage, 70% of Poison Injection's, 60% for Beast Trap, and probably Caltrops (I'll try to check this tonight). The most you should ever have in Thauma is 29 CP, but it's lower in priority than even Heavy Weapons expert.

Wow, thats crazy @ZOS_GinaBruno please take a look at this bug.

Can you check the actual damage on dummy? Because on PC endless hail scales with thaum like its supposed to...im not sure if you are getting a UI error or if console vetsion is bugged, but again I just tested the damage of hail and it definitwly scales with thaum like its supposed to...seems like you guys have it really rough over there...
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    240 CP
    Playing since console release
    Something just doesn't add up
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I see, with60% DoT damage its not worth it to remove those points from thaum, but you have far less DoT damage than we at PC do (if you tested it properly that is). Caltrops, endless hail, trap, PI DoT, slashes (there I am not sure about the first tick) are all DoTs.

The thing is, did you test it properly? I mean not just by showing tooltip. Because tooltips being affected by MaM and not thaum is a old and common (and presumably fixed) bug
    Edited by SodanTok on August 30, 2017 4:46PM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll check it out tonight. Work's crazy right now, with it being the end of the month and all, but I'll try to post the results tomorrow.

It could be just affecting the wrong text in the tooltip, or maybe its just affecting things differently on console. Console has its drawbacks for sure, but that's why I test everything I theorycraft both mathematically as well as in action.
    Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on August 30, 2017 5:02PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll check it out tonight. Work's crazy right now, with it being the end of the month and all, but I'll try to post the results tomorrow.

It could be just affecting the wrong text in the tooltip, or maybe its just affecting things differently on console. Console has its drawbacks for sure, but that's why I test everything I theorycraft both mathematically as well as in action.

Thats why PC testing is the only legit way though...because we have tools that help us get precise results
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats why PC testing is the only legit way though...because we have tools that help us get precise results

I've got a test dummy and combat text, an inquisitive nature, and a mind made for problem-solving and crunching numbers. That's all that's required for legitimate testing. Anything more risks contaminating the experiment with unknown variables created by outdated assumptions and spaghetti code.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something something confimation bias and personal agendas

-sips tea-

Oh, don't mind me. I'm just a casual observer
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a test dummy and combat text, an inquisitive nature, and a mind made for problem-solving and crunching numbers. That's all that's required for legitimate testing. Anything more risks contaminating the experiment with unknown variables created by outdated assumptions and spaghetti code.

If you think you can test on par and mkrw efficiently than PC players then I give up...thats just non-sequitour..
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see, with60% DoT damage its not worth it to remove those points from thaum, but you have far less DoT damage than we at PC do (if you tested it properly that is). Caltrops, endless hail, trap, PI DoT, slashes (there I am not sure about the first tick) are all DoTs.

The thing is, did you test it properly? I mean not just by showing tooltip. Because tooltips being affected by MaM and not thaum is a old and common (and presumably fixed) bug

Just providing some background behind my assertions regarding the CP scaling of EH. I very well could be wrong, but if I am, it's based on a rational conclusion: that the impact of spending champion points has some relationship with the actual abilities that the champion point bonus affects on the tooltip.

I'll do a thorough test on it tonight unbuffed without 5 pc set bonuses on my Trials boss dummy. Might not be able to post til friday though, because of work.

Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on August 30, 2017 6:53PM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think you can test on par and mkrw efficiently than PC players then I give up...thats just non-sequitour..

I won't be playing this game on anything but console because I don't have the money to build a quality gaming PC at the moment. Plus I work in IT, so I typically want to get away from computers after work.

I would also never play this game without investigating the mechanics of it and testing the assumptions of others, because doing so gives me an edge at winning. Your prejudiced view essentially conveys the message that you don't believe the game is worth playing on anything but PC and that you actually believe all of the assumptions and claims that have been made by ''authorities" about this game.

Ancient cultures measured the motion of the stars and planets long before the invention of satellites and space ships. In many ways they did a better job than we would think possible without high tech tools at margins of error that many more modern devices couldn't even achieve. The key to good testing is understanding the mechanics of a system. Tools only make the experimentation quicker and easier. They don't necessarily make them any more reliable, and will always prove inferior to those who couldn't reliably test the system without them.
    Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on August 30, 2017 6:54PM
  • Duckbutta
    Duckbutta
    ✭✭✭

Lolololol this x1000

Nos, I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for this guy's OP parse to blow you away, you might be waiting a long time. . .
    Edited by Duckbutta on August 30, 2017 6:55PM
    Daggerfall Covenant [NA/PC] - Requiem | Elder Scrolls Exchange | Nightfighters | Ethereal Traders Union | Centuria Invictus

Smush M’gush | Orsimer | Stam DK DPS [Trials Guide] [vMA Guide]
    Bill Clawsby | Khajiit | Stam NB PvP/DPS
    Yolo Swagginborn | Breton | Mag Templar DPS [vMA Guide]
    Tastes-Like-Chícken | Argonian | Mag DK Tank
    Cholo Laggins | Altmer | Mag NB DPS [vMA Guide]
    Critney Spearz | Redguard | Stam Templar DPS
    Michael Boltin | Imperial | Stam Sorc DPS
    Sherlock Ohms | Altmer | Mag Sorc DPS
    Pyro Ren | Dunmer | Mag DK DPS
    Mules-All-Gear | Argonian | Mag Templar Healer
    Lil Bossmer | Bosmer | Stam Warden DPS
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duckbutta wrote: »

Lolololol this x1000

Nos, I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for this guy's OP parse to blow you away, you might be waiting a long time. . .

Dude Im learning so much...there is all the amazing stuff like listening to specific music to get my rotation better and then there are ancient civilizationa to learn about...its breathtaking!
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duckbutta wrote: »

Lolololol this x1000

Don't be DickBitter
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭

That is a tooltip bug try doing some testing on a test dummy. I'm on PS4 & we have the same issue
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • deadvolt
    deadvolt
    ✭✭
    Hello I was just wondering about cp distribution I'm a khajiit warden does my cp stay the same or can I lower precise strike? And nice to see the warden actually getting used for dps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadvolt wrote: »
    Hello I was just wondering about cp distribution I'm a khajiit warden does my cp stay the same or can I lower precise strike? And nice to see the warden actually getting used for dps

Hey, I dont think much would change, but I would need to dps test a khajit to say it with 100% certainty.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated

He's back!

Also, good looking rotation video. My house was getting rather lonely these past few months. Haha
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 21, 2018 7:35PM
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have the 55 million HP dummy, but I'll see what I can do DPS wise at 240 CP

Immediately discredits anything you say...

240 CP smh
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    I really cant get close to 40k with this build :-/ Atm i get up to 34k
    Only difference would be some Gold armor, race (I'm breton) and that I'm using a sword on acuity instead of dagger (will test dagger maybe). And 1 tier of undaunted passive. But the difference shouldnt be that bad.

One thing I noticed in particular is that Hail of Arrows runs out even if I dont recast Ulti / Netch.
    LA - Ulti - LA seems to be a bit longer than 1 HA ?
    With 3 HA I manage without recasting with recasting 2HA seems to make it.

It seems hail is also running out for you? - With hail being biggest part of dps, shouldnt keeping it up 100% be a priority?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    I really cant get close to 40k with this build :-/ Atm i get up to 34k
    Only difference would be some Gold armor, race (I'm breton) and that I'm using a sword on acuity instead of dagger (will test dagger maybe). And 1 tier of undaunted passive. But the difference shouldnt be that bad.

One thing I noticed in particular is that Hail of Arrows runs out even if I dont recast Ulti / Netch.
    LA - Ulti - LA seems to be a bit longer than 1 HA ?
    With 3 HA I manage without recasting with recasting 2HA seems to make it.

It seems hail is also running out for you? - With hail being biggest part of dps, shouldnt keeping it up 100% be a priority?

Your priority is to always have subterranean assault up, if you sacrifice 1 sec of half for it, it is still worth it. The things you listed are definitely huge, so it makes sense why your dps is so much lower.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    I even failed in translation :D I'm bosmer not breton ^^

WM is 4x golden, Acuity in purple shouldnt really make a difference? (Enchants are golden and Weapons too oc)
    But yeah, I will give it another try once completed

How does trading uptime from Hail to Sub increase dps, when Hail has the bigger part (%) of dps?

Also I would rather convert a HA into LA (and another one when casting ult)
    For example:
    Step 1: Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>Bar Swap (animation cancel)
    Step 2: LA>Subterranian Assault>HA>Rending Slashes>HA>Subterranian Assault>HA>Deadly Cloak>LA>Rearming Trap>LA>Subterranian > Bar Swap
    Sustain wise definitely fine, maybe swap a few CP from mooncalf to tenacity.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    I even failed in translation :D I'm bosmer not breton ^^

WM is 4x golden, Acuity in purple shouldnt really make a difference? (Enchants are golden and Weapons too oc)
    But yeah, I will give it another try once completed

How does trading uptime from Hail to Sub increase dps, when Hail has the bigger part (%) of dps?

Also I would rather convert a HA into LA (and another one when casting ult)
    For example:
    Step 1: Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>Bar Swap (animation cancel)
    Step 2: LA>Subterranian Assault>HA>Rending Slashes>HA>Subterranian Assault>HA>Deadly Cloak>LA>Rearming Trap>LA>Subterranian > Bar Swap
    Sustain wise definitely fine, maybe swap a few CP from mooncalf to tenacity.

Losing 2 ticks of hail is less than half of the damage of one subterranean, which makes it worth it. You can that rotation as well, I just found mine to work well.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    While Hail is the biggest part of dps, you're also loosing ticks of caltrops, (possibly? poison injection) and beasttrap
    But I now got a parse (although not my best) where sub was bigger part than hail.

Nvm I found the big mistake. I was using other WM jewels than on my stamplar, so I was missing 2 WP dmg enchants, just now reached 37,5k first try.
    Running into sustain issues again with only 2-3 HA. So I either have to go 3-4 or swap to Stormfist or depend on bubbles.
    Edited by WAMB0 on April 29, 2018 12:12PM