Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Berserker" Stamblade PvE Guide (HotR DLC Ready)

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
EDITS:

08/19/17 - Updated and revamped for Horns of the Reach DLC
08/20/17 - Changed the rotation to better take advantage of the Incap buff.

Race:

Redguard

Attributes:

All in Stamina

Food:

Health and Stamina

Mundus:

Warrior

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue tree:

Master at Arms 37, Mighty 49, Precise Strikes 40, Thaumaturge 40, Piercing 54

Red tree:

Quick Recovery 19, Elemental Defender 49, Hardy 49, Thick Skinned 37, Iron Clad 44, Spell Shield 22

Green tree:

Warlord 51, Sprinter 16, Mooncalf 56, Tenacity 49, Tumbling 28, Shadow Ward 20

Gear choice (Solo Stam DPS in Raid):

7/7 Medium Divines

5 War machine
2 Velidreth

5 Night Mother’s Gaze

Use the following weapon traits:

1 Infused Dagger (Poison enchant) – in Main Hand

1 Precise Dagger (Weapon damage enchant) – in Off-Hand

1 Nirn vMA Bow

All Armor with Stamina Enchants. All Jewelry Robust with Weapon damage enchants.

Bar Setup

http://imgur.com/a/z6u8Z

Rotation:

Pre Rotation: Relentless Focus>Bar Swap

Step 1: Rearming Trap>Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>LA>Incapacitating Strike>Bar Swap (animation cancel)

Step 2: LA>Rending Slashes>LA>Assasin's Scourge>LA>Surprise Attack>LA>Surprise Attack>LA>Surprise Attack>LA>Blade Cloak>LA>Assasin's Scourge>Bar Swap

Step 3: LA>Rearming Trap>LA>Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>LA>Incapacitating Strike>Bar Swap (animation cancel)

Step 4: LA>Merciless Resolve (twice is Scourge arrow is up)>LA>Surprise Attack>LA>Surprise Attack>HA>Rending Slashes>HA>Deadly Cloak>HA>Assasin's Scourge>Bar Swap

Repeat from Step 3.

On execute follow the same skill order but replace all Surprise attacks and DW DoTs with Killer's Blades. If you find yourself having too much stam drop one of the heavy attacks on the front bar for 2 extra Killer's Blade weaves.

Keep in mind I do all of my dps tests in a 6 mil skeleton without shards or orbs or a mastwr staff. That means that 3 heavy attacks are needed to sustain through the fight. In a trial you may have a lot more sustain (Valariel) or less sustain (Vet Mage) so you can adjust the rotation to better work from situation to situation. The order of skills NEVER changes, but how many heavy attacks you do will depend on your sustain. For example on valariel you should only need 2 heavy attacks.

Rotation Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdocSTNliw

Questions:

1. Why Velidreth?

Kragh offers the highest damage gain in groups where full target penetration is not achieved, because the 1 piece on it is the strongest one-piece for a stam user to have and offers a 2.97% DPS increase on a non fully penetrated target. Velidreth however works best if full penetration is achieved. In addition its proc hits certain enemies (Manticora is an example) multiple times. My raid group will be running an optimized buff system so I am running Velidreth…if there are no penetration cap then Kragh is bets in slot for most fights.

2. Why WM and NMG?

Penetration is the best damage buffing stat to use when building a character. Normally in a non optimized raid you need as much penetration as you can get which is why NMG is so important. War Machine was a surprise, because I thought that TFS would surely outparse it, however WM is definitely a better set AND it helps the group out significantly.
Nightmother’s Gaze – 2580

Alkosh – 3010

Sunderflame – 3440

Major Fracture – 5280

Minor Fracture – 1320

Crusher Enchant – 1622

Infused Crusher Enchant – 2108

3. Why Warrior Mundus?

Warrior seems to be coming out on top for most stam builds in this DLC. By slotting Dawnbreaker on the front bar we are getting around 526 weapon damage from that Mundus, which is quite a large chunk of our dps. Our crit is too high to take advantage of the Thief stone and too low to make Shadow Mundus be better than Warrior. Lover is a choice to run, but the DPS gain from warrior is almost exactly the same and if you have buff sets in a raid Lover quickly loses its power.

4. Why double dagger?

Proc rate for the Axe passive is too low to warrant using it, and daggers scale better with raid buffs.

5. Why Nirn Bow?

Since we are shooting for a pen capped scenario we have infused/nirn and precise to choose from. Precise is nice but Nirn is a lot better. Nirn not only increases the base of your Hail damage, it also buffs your weapon by 200 wep damage which is huge for all your skills. Running Nirn allows your hail to start ticking and go through the lower part of its damage buffed, once you bar swap, the Infused trait off the main hand takes over and gives your Hail a higher ceiling to reach.

6. Why Incapacitating Strike and not Rend?

Incapacitation Strike's damage itself is not great, but the damage bonus it provides is huge! When combined with a front bar burst it can be quite nasty. Plus we cannot forget the flawless weapon damage bonus on the front bar.
Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on August 20, 2017 7:11PM
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff as always, very interested to see the difference when using Mephala over Velidreth. I find it easier to keep the heavies flowing with a bow and tbh while the initial damage from Velidreth is high I much prefer a constant flow of dots especially in add heavy boss fights.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff as always, very interested to see the difference when using Mephala over Velidreth. I find it easier to keep the heavies flowing with a bow and tbh while the initial damage from Velidreth is high I much prefer a constant flow of dots especially in add heavy boss fights.

Yes that is what my friend was suggesting, but I'm in NA and since for some unknown reason they don't let templates have capped CP, I can't properly test the damage potential of Mephala, but I can compare Velidreth vs mephala, which is what I'm planning to try this week:)
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ShadowStarKing

Gona tag a friend who likes using bow. Here's another build u can try using man.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx @Vangy I must have missed this thread :sunglasses:
    Edited by Anti_Virus on August 19, 2016 3:43AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • deevah
    deevah
    ✭✭
    Do you know the distance required to proc the Long Shots passive? In raid situations, I'd be worried about standing so far away from boss & other DDs that you're only in range of BoL.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keanery wrote: »
    Do you know the distance required to proc the Long Shots passive? In raid situations, I'd be worried about standing so far away from boss & other DDs that you're only in range of BoL.

Haven't determined the exact distance, but it's within BoL distance. One thing to keep in mind is that at that range you're less likely to take damage in the first place as well.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this! Been running bow/bow because it's so darn fun, but have been considering having to respec to add DW. I'll take some notes from here and see if I like it.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    Definitely dig the build, my only gripe is the execute. Maybe one day we will have another ranged weapon to borrow skills from and then ranged stamina won't be support only.
    Edited by masterbroodub17_ESO on August 19, 2016 3:08AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely dig the build, my only gripe is the execute. Maybe one day we will have another ranged weapon to borrow skills from and then ranged physical damage won't be support only.

Yeah....it's the only bad aspect...
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    My bow/bow build is pretty similar, swap guard for siphoning attacks and i also use draining shot. Only other difference is dawnbreaker on both bars. I typically go about 10k single target DPS......

I guess not using assassin's blade or one of their morphs really kills DPS

I also don't have nearly that gear setup though.

7x medium

5x Hundigs Rage, 2x Night Mother

2x Night mother Bows

Jewlery is whatever best thing I have, since I can't make it

I also use weapon power pots.

How much of my lacking DPS is gear and how much is the build?
    Edited by masterbroodub17_ESO on August 19, 2016 3:28AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bow/bow build is pretty similar, swap guard for siphoning attacks and i also use draining shot. Only other difference is dawnbreaker on both bars. I typically go about 10k single target DPS......

Yeah this build won't outdps dual wield bow with VMA weapons, but it pulls decent numbers and allows you to go ranged. As soon as I get a vDSA bow I'm gonna post some screens from trials.
  • masterbroodub17_ESO

Yeah this build won't outdps dual wield bow with VMA weapons, but it pulls decent numbers and allows you to go ranged. As soon as I get a vDSA bow I'm gonna post some screens from trials.

Cool. I updated my post to show my gear too. Wondering how much is gear and how much is build lol.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Update 12
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Homestead DLC
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive buld!

Question: Had you calculated the DPS loss if you are not a khajith? I'm a woodelf and i don't want to change because i use him in PvP, so, how low my DPS is going to be?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    Impressive buld!

Question: Had you calculated the DPS loss if you are not a khajith? I'm a woodelf and i don't want to change because i use him in PvP, so, how low my DPS is going to be?

Have not
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late to the party but still had a question. Do you feel like Siphoning Attacks is that much required? So far i havent done much dabbling with it, but do you feel like switching it out for, for example say reapers mark, it would mean being out of stamina that much during endgame pve?
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timeraider wrote: »
    Bit late to the party but still had a question. Do you feel like Siphoning Attacks is that much required? So far i havent done much dabbling with it, but do you feel like switching it out for, for example say reapers mark, it would mean being out of stamina that much during endgame pve?

Its not that necessary TBH if you have good shard support. You will need a shard every 45 sec to stay comfortable. The bigger issue is that there is nothing that would work better than Siphoning in its place. Reaper's Mark is a PvP only skill and not really good for PvE.
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Great build! It's refreshing to see something different than the normal dw/bow setup... and hopefully this can put to rest the theory that bow/bow isn't viable for end-game content. 39K DPS (WOW)!? Was this 100% self-buffed? If not, what buffs were you receiving? I'd love to see a video of this on the target skeleton.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »
    Great build! It's refreshing to see something different than the normal dw/bow setup... and hopefully this can put to rest the theory that bow/bow isn't viable for end-game content. 39K DPS (WOW)!? Was this 100% self-buffed? If not, what buffs were you receiving? I'd love to see a video of this on the target skeleton.

Just had puncture. It has a very steep learning curve, because ranged trap has no colission and hard to see LA with Bow. Im not sure when ill have time for Parse, but ill try.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZwjnShjfZk&feature=youtu.be

Hope this helps
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for HotR DLC.....sadly no longer Bow/Bow :'(
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice one! Basically exactly what I'm planning on using in our group (when patch hits Xbox) now after the discussion with you and Jeckll over on TF about support stam builds. Our DK will be runnin' Sunder and Alkosh and the Temp will be doing Alkosh and War Machine.

I don't do the same rotation though. I still feel that Incap is kinda better suited on the front bar as you can really apply it only after all your DoTs are laid out and you can just go into full spam mode at that point. I mean sure you lose the extra stats from Dawnbreaker, but I think the DPS gain is bigger from applying Incap at the right time, no? I mean, I guess another option would be to apply bow bar DoTs the swap, hit Rending Slashes, swap back to Bow bar and then hit Incap, then continue the rota. The nice thing about this is the fact that you'd refresh the Hawk Eye passive, so in theory that would be the best approach, but probably very hard to execute in laggy raid situations lolz

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lI Izaki Il/video/35249161

^ what I'm talking about (its Morrowind patch, not the same gear but rotation stays the same) obviously its only a 3mil dummy, but still it illustrates pretty well what I'm talking about (yes I know I let my stam get real low, but the whole point of a resource bar is for it to be empty at the end of a fight, right xD)

Also why Injection before Hail? Hail lasts just over 11 seconds according to Srendarr so it matches up pretty well with Caltrops. Plus using Injection last makes sure that all your ticks will be on the front bar ^^

Anyhow, nice writeup, didn't think that WM would outparse TFS even in solo stamina group situations, great to know! :D
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one! Basically exactly what I'm planning on using in our group (when patch hits Xbox) now after the discussion with you and Jeckll over on TF about support stam builds. Our DK will be runnin' Sunder and Alkosh and the Temp will be doing Alkosh and War Machine.

I don't do the same rotation though. I still feel that Incap is kinda better suited on the front bar as you can really apply it only after all your DoTs are laid out and you can just go into full spam mode at that point. I mean sure you lose the extra stats from Dawnbreaker, but I think the DPS gain is bigger from applying Incap at the right time, no? I mean, I guess another option would be to apply bow bar DoTs the swap, hit Rending Slashes, swap back to Bow bar and then hit Incap, then continue the rota. The nice thing about this is the fact that you'd refresh the Hawk Eye passive, so in theory that would be the best approach, but probably very hard to execute in laggy raid situations lolz

^ what I'm talking about (its Morrowind patch, not the same gear but rotation stays the same) obviously its only a 3mil dummy, but still it illustrates pretty well what I'm talking about (yes I know I let my stam get real low, but the whole point of a resource bar is for it to be empty at the end of a fight, right xD)

Also why Injection before Hail? Hail lasts just over 11 seconds according to Srendarr so it matches up pretty well with Caltrops. Plus using Injection last makes sure that all your ticks will be on the front bar ^^

Anyhow, nice writeup, didn't think that WM would outparse TFS even in solo stamina group situations, great to know! :D

Hey! Why Alkosh and WM on the same toon? The Minor Slayer will be redundant (once they fix it). Issue with Incap front bar is it becomes a non stqtic rotation...I am vehemently against those, because while they work great on a dummy or valariel they dont work so well on a mechanics heavy fight. A static rotation allows greater focus on the playing field and thus better DPS...at least thats what Ive always seen from myself and other players. Also can you do a 6 mil dummy with it? Reason I dont do 3 mil is its too bursty to show accurate results...if I ran leeching on a 3 mil i dont even need to HA once...but thats nit the case in actual trials tho.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also for the Injection question. I absolutely understand the logic behind putting injection right before bar swap, but every time ive tried that, my parse has been lower. I can only think of two reasons why that is:
    1. Injection anination is instant, while Caltrops takes a bit longer, so bar swapping caltrops feels a lot smoother.
    2. Caltrops like Liquid Lightning has a tendency of bugging out and getting you stuck in casting mode, by using it last we eliminate that.

I will retest this rotation with Injection last and see what I can get. Ill also test Incap front bar. Can you do a test on a 6 mil and upload it? I want to take a look at something.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also for the Injection question. I absolutely understand the logic behind putting injection right before bar swap, but every time ive tried that, my parse has been lower. I can only think of two reasons why that is:
    1. Injection anination is instant, while Caltrops takes a bit longer, so bar swapping caltrops feels a lot smoother.
    2. Caltrops like Liquid Lightning has a tendency of bugging out and getting you stuck in casting mode, by using it last we eliminate that.

I will retest this rotation with Injection last and see what I can get. Ill also test Incap front bar. Can you do a test on a 6 mil and upload it? I want to take a look at something.

Hey! Why Alkosh and WM on the same toon? The Minor Slayer will be redundant (once they fix it). Issue with Incap front bar is it becomes a non stqtic rotation...I am vehemently against those, because while they work great on a dummy or valariel they dont work so well on a mechanics heavy fight. A static rotation allows greater focus on the playing field and thus better DPS...at least thats what Ive always seen from myself and other players. Also can you do a 6 mil dummy with it? Reason I dont do 3 mil is its too bursty to show accurate results...if I ran leeching on a 3 mil i dont even need to HA once...but thats nit the case in actual trials tho.

Sure thing will do a 6mil dummy parse tomorrow :)
    1. Alkosh and WM on the same toon because we only have 3 stamina DPS who really pull their weight in the guild and tons more good magicka DPS.. 6 sets to run on 3 toons so that tanks can run other stuff... Doesn't leave a choice ^^
    2. Incap front still makes the rota static, I always use it in the exact same place:
    Stet 1 (start of fight): Bow bar DoTs > Rending > Incap > Scourge > SA x3
    Step 2 (normal rota begins): Bow bar DoTs > Focus > HA Rending > HA Cloak > HA SA
    Step 3: Bow bar DoTs > Scourge > Rending > Incap > HA SA > SA > Scourge
    restart from step 2. I use Leeching whenever I'm below 40% stam always after step 3.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...yeah I see what you do but im not in agreement that losing Hail ticks is a big issue. Heavy attack into SA can be 50k damage