Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flame Blossom ninja nerfed?

Veg
Veg
✭✭✭✭✭
The line of fire would target the enemy and then move in a line when used on the pts. On live it just moves in front of the caster and it now has a 1 second charge before moving. On the pts if you proced it on someone on a keep wall or different elevation it would still move towards them over the vertical axis but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Now it sticks to the ground.

It also appears to be much slower although that may just be my imagination. Anyway its completely useless now. cant hit anything even at a 1 meter distance and there was never anything mentioned in the patch notes about this.
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    I've been hearing about it getting ninja nerfed; not sure why they would though since it has that low proc chance and a cooldown.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? A Proc set nerfed before going live? Is ZoS learning? This is Scary...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ok6bXW.png

just to compare since they are very similar. Stam proc is the same but does more damage, is undodgeable and only has a 2 second cooldown.

The only benefit of the magic proc would be that it can hit any number of people. But the nerf makes it hit 0 people while keeping the 10 second cooldown.

So even the post nerf red mountain is way better than flame blossom leaving magic builds with 0 advantage in regards to proc sets. Also spam jabs or flurry if you want to proc red mountain like crazy its funny to watch.

Damn you wrobel. Dont tease me like this and then slip in a ninja nerf last minute with no warning :(
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We did add a one second proc delay to Flame Blossom, yes. For what it's worth, this isn't a ninja nerf if it's a new set with the update - we don't typically call out changes to brand new items or content.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did add a one second proc delay to Flame Blossom, yes. For what it's worth, this isn't a ninja nerf if it's a new set with the update - we don't typically call out changes to brand new items or content.

cool, any word on the flame line movement change? I think it may have always been supposed to move out directly in front of the caster but it did actually target people while it was on the pts (it would shoot out from behind the caster or any direction if the target was there).
    Edited by Veg on August 15, 2017 9:26PM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You should though. Similar thing was done with the Lich set and its better to include a sentence to the patch notes rather than irritating some people who might be theorycrafting or already using a set on live.
    Edited by Ankael07 on August 16, 2017 1:15AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow lol
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/LEGU1F8Eamo

For anyone wondering how the proc works on live
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »
    5ok6bXW.png

just to compare since they are very similar. Stam proc is the same but does more damage, is undodgeable and only has a 2 second cooldown.

The only benefit of the magic proc would be that it can hit any number of people. But the nerf makes it hit 0 people while keeping the 10 second cooldown.

So even the post nerf red mountain is way better than flame blossom leaving magic builds with 0 advantage in regards to proc sets. Also spam jabs or flurry if you want to proc red mountain like crazy its funny to watch.

Damn you wrobel. Dont tease me like this and then slip in a ninja nerf last minute with no warning :(

You can dodge Red Mountain (It's a projectile now), you cannot dodge Flame Blossom. Flame Blossom deals damage in a line (AoE, means undogdeable) and will continue doing damage to targets that enter it, so if they follow the line they can be hit more than once.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ok6bXW.png

You can dodge Red Mountain (It's a projectile now), you cannot dodge Flame Blossom. Flame Blossom deals damage in a line (AoE, means undogdeable) and will continue doing damage to targets that enter it, so if they follow the line they can be hit more than once.

Oh, I thought the projectile was undodgeable but you could block it. Either way that fire line just seems to run away most of the time. I just think that giving it a 1 second proc delay and removing the targeting is too much.
    Edited by Veg on August 16, 2017 5:44AM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think that giving it a 1 second proc delay and removing the targeting is too much.

Agreed. The 1 second proc is fine and consistent with other procs changes this patch, but the non-targeting is definitively a problem. At leash with shalk you have three seconds for your placement, and more importantly you decide when it fire which is just a huge advantage over flame blossom who rely from rng.
    If only flame blossom was giving us a charge that we was able to release whenever we want (with a light attack, a block or something like that), it would be cool and more importantly, useable.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ok6bXW.png

That's a very interesting 4-piece set bonus... no specified amount of Spell Penetration? Does it actually give any at all?

Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's so *** lame :/
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how exactly are you suppose to actually hit a player in PvP that has working movement controls when there's the delay on top of lack of targeting. Flame Blossom only for killing AFK'ers?
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    So how exactly are you suppose to actually hit a player in PvP that has working movement controls when there's the delay on top of lack of targeting. Flame Blossom only for killing AFK'ers?

AFK'rs. That's funny.

RM really wasn't nerfed other than the brief 1 sec.delay (having a visual cue is kinda neat and makes sense). It's actually better in some regards imho.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/LEGU1F8Eamo

For anyone wondering how the proc works on live

https://youtu.be/MSNygBjxdT0

Here it is on the pts right now. So the 1 second delay is cool and makes sense but the targeting nerf just makes it completely useless. The line of fire already moves in a straight line so dodging it is not difficult. Ranged casters already couldn't use it because of this. Now no one can use it.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death to proccsets anyway, im tired of mostly fighting items.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without targeting, you can't even kill dumb mobs with this, much less players!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE