Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to ask about Magplar for HOTR PVE.

Fang_of_Lorkhaj
Fang_of_Lorkhaj
✭✭✭✭
The meta seems to be for next patch Mothers Sorrow, Julianos, and 1 Iceheart. For magicka in general.. I haven't seen much info on a magplar for PVE horns of reach. Anybody hear of a duel wield setup or double destro. Let me know please. I don't have access to PTS. I'm Xbox One.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The meta seems to be for next patch Mothers Sorrow, Julianos, and 1 Iceheart. For magicka in general.. I haven't seen much info on a magplar for PVE horns of reach. Anybody hear of a duel wield setup or double destro. Let me know please. I don't have access to PTS. I'm Xbox One.

Julianos, MS, and grothdar (Or equivalent monster set) with DW on front bar + lightning staff on back bar (drop 5th MS on back). Use primarily ground DoTs and channeled focus on the back bar. Try to stay on front most of the time, this way the crit drop on back wont effect damage much.
    Edited by Tyrobag on August 12, 2017 6:53PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Accidental double post.
    Edited by Tyrobag on August 12, 2017 6:52PM
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

Julianos, MS, and grothdar (Or equivalent monster set) with DW on front bar + lightning staff on back bar (drop 5th MS on back). Use primarily ground DoTs and channeled focus on the back bar. Try to stay on front most of the time, this way the crit drop on back wont effect damage much.

What do you mean (drop 5th MS on back)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Staff is a safer choice than DW ever since the sustain nerfs.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 12, 2017 10:41PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It means when you switch to staff from DW, you won't have the 5pc bonus of Mother's Sorrow active (since you'll only have 4 items equipped).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 12, 2017 10:43PM
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭

Staff is a safer choice than DW ever since the sustain nerfs.

I have not a single issue with sustain running a backbar lightning destro and duel wield front. Never get get below half. Parsing 41k. All about the rune focus or whatever it's called being down all the time. It helps immensely for magplar resources.
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭

It means when you switch to staff from DW, you won't have the 5pc bonus of Mother's Sorrow active (since you'll only have 4 items equipped).

I'll be wearing my MS with jewelry and 2 body peices so I won't have a problem with that.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be wearing my MS with jewelry and 2 body peices so I won't have a problem with that.

Then you'll lose your 5pc Julianos instead when you have your staff out. You can't run 5/5/2 (both bars) on a magicka character because staff is only 1 piece.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 12, 2017 11:58PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about traits what should you use for DW swords?2 infused or 1 infused 1 nirn?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Juljanos, 5 mother sorrow is right. After that you can choose between vMSA staffs, 1 part Kena, domihaus or something else.

For me allways Destrostaffs > dual wield, but with that patch you can play both, because the BiS setup dont need a full monsterset B)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Julio 5 (4) Scathing/Maiden 2 Icehearth with shadow mundus @Destruent?
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he just want the 1th bonus for crit ;)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar wont be that good next patch if Radiant Oppression and Puncturing Sweeps are still bugged and dont get the "execute fix" from last patch...
    I hope it will be fixed with Mondays patch
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »
    Magplar wont be that good next patch if Radiant Oppression and Puncturing Sweeps are still bugged and dont get the "execute fix" from last patch...

Well with zanimax and their current record of leaving things messed up I wouldn't put all my eggs in a basket just yet
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »

Its that why my sweeps in live dropped so much with the expansion?? I'm talking like 2k with the same build/cp.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd us either julianos/scathing or scathing/mothers sorrow with 5pc scathing only active on dw-bar. But I haven't tested anything yet and won't test anything until next weekend. If radiant gets fixed and is useful again, scathing might be worthless for magplars.

I'd also use fire-destro over lightning, bc wall of elements is stronger and doing aoe isn't a problem for magplars...

Edit: just saw you mentioned iceheart....don't think it'll do good dps, but maybe 1 iceheart, 1 slimecraw is good for ~9% more crit. If not, grothdar should be ok I guess...
    Edited by Destruent on August 13, 2017 3:14PM
    Noobplar
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probs still be running Scathing Mage, Moondancer and Skoria. Invest like 20 points into penetration and should be fine. If not, then Moondancer, Julianos and something else.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its not a problem, but a strategy. You either have to drop something on the back bar, or not wear a full monster set (which would defeat the purpose of using dual wield over a second lightning staff). You don't want to drop Julianos, since its a lot of raw damage. As long as you use ground DoTs on the back bar, they will update to the higher crit levels when you swap to the front bar. If you want to run a 5/5/1, then you're better off with two lightning staves (although if you run 5/5/1 with dual wield its really 6/5/1).
    Edited by Tyrobag on August 13, 2017 4:08PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like Op you better off going 1 MS 1 Julinous DW weapon.With a Julinous Lightneing or flame staff on back bar and 1 and body piece this way you would still have julinous back bar and 4 piece MS back bar which is ok since your not on your back bar for long.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 Julianos, 5 Mothers Sorrow, and 2 Grothdarr worked well on the pts. For the swords, 1 infused and 1 precise or nirnhoned one will be good. Nirnhoned passively increases spell and weapon btw.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Julianos, 5 Mothers Sorrow, and 2 Grothdarr worked well on the pts. For the swords, 1 infused and 1 precise or nirnhoned one will be good. Nirnhoned passively increases spell and weapon btw.

How much dps is grothdar doing on pts (percentage wise/as absolute value)? If it dropped to like 3...4% it could be better to use 2x spellcrit-bonus instead...
    Noobplar
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

How much dps is grothdar doing on pts (percentage wise/as absolute value)? If it dropped to like 3...4% it could be better to use 2x spellcrit-bonus instead...

I didn't look at the exact numbers for Grothdarr. I believe it's still good for magplars since they're still melee, but I'll test out Grothdarr vs 2 crit pieces.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup: Slimecraw/Icehearth ftw
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WuffyCerulei have you tired the new monster set Domihaus instead of Grothdar?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

I didn't look at the exact numbers for Grothdarr. I believe it's still good for magplars since they're still melee, but I'll test out Grothdarr vs 2 crit pieces.

Singletarget-DPS from Grothdarr is around 800 DPS.. Damage on multitargets is very nice, but Templar allready have access to very high area damage numbers..

For me the monstersettime in PvE is over. In PvP i really like sets like skoria! ;)
    De Hei(Youtube)