The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Remove the ability to destroy the top floor inside keeps Zenimax, Seriously

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is this still a thing? It might as well be full on cheating that's sanctioned by Zeni. They destroy the stair case inside a keep that goes to the top floor and then there is no way to get them out without countless deaths while they sit up there shooting siege at you trying. This has been going on for forever in the game yet it's never been addressed. They can fix Dragon leaping into keeps but not this?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I didnt know about that but that seems bad
    Edited by Morgul667 on August 11, 2017 6:58AM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    lol I didnt know about that but that seems bad

We have some tryhard groups on PS4 that do it all the time to farm easy AP.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I'd like to hear the thoughts behind why this is possible at all.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take the flags, /sitchair until they get bored and come down.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is intended and actually those are the most fun fights inside keeps. If you want to kill them and walk directly into their trap why are you wondering that they've killed you?
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @BohnT it's Never a fight you just sit and w8 for the group on top to get bored and jump down.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @BohnT it's Never a fight you just sit and w8 for the group on top to get bored and jump down.

I guess you are always on the wrong side of the stairs then. It needs good movement to clear the top. Best way is to have 2 dks using leap while others follow with gap closers aswell. Anyone who is not fighting has to repair the stairs once done just make good use of negates
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol sounds like someone got farmed.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't nerf every tactic in game. Just cap and wait or leave

Of course; I also felt they should let DKs keep leaping into keep ledges as well. Not like 1 guy is going to decimate all defenders any more than 1 guy jumping down would the attackers. Made for scenes similar to movie or TV sieges aggressively gets in top of the wall similar to Stannis Baratheon assault on the Red Keep or Ragnar Lodbrock when attacking Paris. It added some excitement rather than sit here, siege and purge.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do to end every single 3rd story ruined staircase farm is to have one player with the Swarm Mother set. Every siege, Dot, execute, light attack, etc., used by the "farmers" will drag them off the third floor where they can be readily killed. Seen this happen personally, seriously it ends the farm in less than 5 minutes.

Will be doubly effective next update.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do to end every single 3rd story ruined staircase farm is to have one player with the Swarm Mother set. Every siege, Dot, execute, light attack, etc., used by the "farmers" will drag them off the third floor where they can be readily killed. Seen this happen personally, seriously it ends the farm in less than 5 minutes.

I really want to see a vid of this, never seen it in action before!
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you hit the bottom of the top floor from below with coldfire it will damage them and then you can jump the gap to get up there and finish them off.

From the outer keep wall you can target the people on siege to give you time to repair the roof.

I used to be in a guild that did this, we would call it Farragut Friday and had some fun with our friendly EP neighbors.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division If you farm on top you don't even need to stand in gap closer range just let the ballistas and oils do the work. I guess swarm mother would work. But the best way to break it is to do it before they can destroy the stairs atleast that's how I've done when I'm with a guild group.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @Joy_Division If you farm on top you don't even need to stand in gap closer range just let the ballistas and oils do the work. I guess swarm mother would work. But the best way to break it is to do it before they can destroy the stairs atleast that's how I've done when I'm with a guild group.

There's no guess about it. The guy wearing Swarm Mother doesn't have to do anything except hold down block. I was one of the farmers and in less than 5 minutes everyone got dragged off the top floor. Everyone who was there has never even mentioned the idea of 3rd floor farming since because it was broken up so pathetically easy.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    That is hilarious. XD
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

troll groups do this a fair amount on XBOX
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division Great idea re swarm mother! Wish it worked in nonvet. I've seen it there in PS4 NA.
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

troll groups do this a fair amount on XBOX

They were popular on PC NA for little awhile. The fact PS4 NA groups have also started doing it comes to no surprise to me. But there are more tools to deal with it now, like Swarm Mother.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    It's certainly rough being on the down side of that farm, but can be tons of fun on the top side too. That said, as was mentioned Swarm Mothers does wonders to end it as does setting up siege around the outer walls of the keep firing in. Fire and Cold Fire Ballistas do amazing things when fired into such a small space. Have someone wearing VD adds to the quick break up.