The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvP Lag issues?

Medivh50
Medivh50
✭✭✭
Guys,

I just resubbed to the game and will be purchasing Morrowind next month (waiting on that pay day). I have yet to step into PvP this time around so I was wondering how is the lag rubber banding issues? I remember while in FvFvF lag and rubber banding was sort of common place. Has Big Z fixed those issues, or at least help minimize them?
Stam Sorc ~ Ride Simpletree
Pet Sorc ~ Scrupulous Simpletree
Mag Warden ~ Sinister Simpletree
Necro ~ Mystic Simpletree

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
—Every single guard, everywhere.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on how long ago you quit. Is lag fixed? Not even close and apparently never will be. Is it better than it was, apparently yes.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's better than it was? I get still stuck in a loading screen 5/10 times whenever I port or revive. At least in pop locked campaigns.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is fine the community has spoken !

10 million users now, many purchasing the next chapter (lol) so ANYONE who was expecting and or demanding lag be fixed but still consumes the product after the last few years of lag are 100% to blame.

The community spoke, ZOS listened.

So instead of another thread QQing about your personal consumption choices and not taking responsibility for them, lets have a 1980's dance thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_d3umG13OU
    Edited by Malic on June 23, 2017 9:49PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »

10 million users now, many purchasing the next chapter (lol) so ANYONE who was expecting and or demanding lag be fixed but still consumes the product after the last few years of lag are 100% to blame.

So instead of another thread QQing about your personal consumption choices and not taking responsibility for them, lets have a 1980's dance thread.

Oh gosh, I was born too late to live through this. What a blessing.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sir, are a rube.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You sir, are a rube.

To be fair, I like Thanee Caine and the Tryanglz.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭

whats the blessing of missing being in a multiethnic group who all share a taste for bad haircuts and worse dance moves? there was some real solidarity in them there days! and the fashion! :)
  • Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭

Yes, because I made this post to bash Zenimax. Maybe ask or think about what the OP is saying before accusing them of QQing.
    Stam Sorc ~ Ride Simpletree
    Pet Sorc ~ Scrupulous Simpletree
    Mag Warden ~ Sinister Simpletree
    Necro ~ Mystic Simpletree

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
    —Every single guard, everywhere.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 3 posts are about game performance just saying
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is so bad right now I refuse to PVP . I want enjoy my weekend not wait in long queues just to be disconnected mid fight .
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medivh50 wrote: »
    Guys,

I just resubbed to the game and will be purchasing Morrowind next month (waiting on that pay day). I have yet to step into PvP this time around so I was wondering how is the lag rubber banding issues? I remember while in FvFvF lag and rubber banding was sort of common place. Has Big Z fixed those issues, or at least help minimize them?

Yes no lag at all anymore. No seriously they haven't fixed a thing. Will they? I guess they want to but they aren't skilled enough.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    With my internet when it works its amazing, when it doesn't it lags all night. Depends on the time of day.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pvp heavily on PS4 NA. Let me answer your question somewhat like a local news weather report.

In the history of the game and pvp lag, I'm going to say we are currently experiencing a lag index of 4 out of 10. There have been a few times where things performed better, but for most of the game things have been laggier.

At this index:

Most keep/resource battles with fewer than 25 players perform pretty well

Frame rates and attack stacking is pretty stable, but will experience occasional minor delays

Battles where 100ish players pile into the same zone generally experience notable lag, with the possibility of game crashes. However, for all of 2016 this would cause periods of like 1 fps, and it's rare to experience these sort of extreme slow downs.

Overall I think thinks are markedly improved, but there's room for further fixes.
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    i think alot of people have seriously lowered expectations at this point.
    personally i think the game performs horribly on ps4 still.
    it is the one thing that constantly makes me want to shelf the game.

all i know is there is almost always enough input lag that if i press buttons in too rapid of succession they completely stop registering.
    i will literally have to stop pressing inputs and WAIT for the game to catch up then start inputing again.
    This phenominon is completely unacceptable to me when it comes down to it. when no other game i've can ever think of on console had that bad of server lag that it just stopped regeistering inputs.
    Edited by HeathenDeacon on August 10, 2017 2:13AM