Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

mDK - Best monster set for Cyrodiil / solo

Mustard
Mustard
✭✭✭✭
Edited by Mustard on June 27, 2017 12:17PM

mDK - Best monster set for Cyrodiil / solo 71 votes

Bloodspawn
33%
GloryBaByDontHurtMeGhost-ShotRohausSkoomahakray21Ch4mpTWCinbriimrednecksonFlyLionelFloki_VilgerdarsonMoglijuanaNBrookusIshammaelcrusnik91kuro-donoAeremNateS4QbikenBerenhir 24 votes
Skoria
49%
DeadlyRecluseVoryn_DagothAllu07neb18_ESODudisactoshSheeyDark_StarWarraxxcaperonEnOeZmcurleyCeeJonesyGreenSoup2HoTleepalmer95imREEKScyantificJormasaurusTrashkanMcgelie1DKsUnite 35 votes
Slimecraw
0%
Engine Guardian
1%
Metemsycosis 1 vote
Grothdarr
7%
CyrediathThe_LexgeonsocalbjlaxMorgul667 5 votes
Other
8%
StigantCogobrtomkinZbigb4lifeTimeraiderwrapped 6 votes
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    In general you can never go wrong with blood spawn. More ult and armour=more damage/resources/survival, the most safe option. More experienced players would go Skoria and give up those things to kill faster.
    The Flyers
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoria
    Skoria provides much-needed burst.

Bloodspawn can be a good choice.

Grothdarr is more useful (imo) for group play or bombing. I've never loved it solo.

Engine Guardian can be really strong, but I'd play without it first--if you find yourself constantly resource starved, then check it out! On DK, I'd prefer Bloodspawn as a "sustain" set via battle roar, though.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Other
    Pirate skeleton imo is the best for open world 1vX as u are very squishy in LA and bloodspawn will not provide u with enough tankiness to survive all the dmg out there.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    wrapped wrote: »
    Pirate skeleton imo is the best for open world 1vX as u are very squishy in LA and bloodspawn will not provide u with enough tankiness to survive all the dmg out there.

While this is kind of true...the bar swap lag while wearing Pirate Skelly WILL end up killing you at some point. So...I just stick with Bloodspawn.
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 27, 2017 1:28PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Other
    Moglijuana wrote: »

While this is kind of true...the bar swap lag while wearing Pirate Skelly WILL end up killing you at some point. So...I just stick with Bloodspawn.

Lol that is very true.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun, alteration mastery, and skoria with 2 regen / 1 spell dmg glyphs, Atronach, and tri-food sound good in CP campaign?
  • neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭

I read somewhere that if you wear a costume it stops that I can't remember where I saw it though
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn

I read somewhere that if you wear a costume it stops that I can't remember where I saw it though

You used to be able to. But ZOS decided to not allow any (quest) appearances in PvP anymore instead of just fixing the stupid button delay. Typical band-aid fix.
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 27, 2017 6:14PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • HereForMorale
    Skoria
    Bloodspawn and Skoria are very interchangeable imo. Solo I would say bloodspawn group play I would say Skoria. I have run both extensively and I find myself using Skoria more. That's just me though.
  • diesel5304
    diesel5304
    Soul Shriven
    Skoria
    I like bloodspawns utility it brings but the much needed dmg that scoria brings seems just to strong in the current meta to pass up
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr
    https://youtu.be/1xqMY8UAGgg
    yeah, the whole light armor thing is a bit of a challenge, have 2 heavy grothdar to go along with silks of the sun and night mother's sorrow...crit and burn, crit and burn...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 27, 2017 10:08PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria
    Bc more fire!
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Other

I do wear skeleton costume to hide my procs from ps but it does not get rid of the bug. Sometimes i cant get out of mistform, sometimes cant weaponswap. But still best set ever :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr
    Bc more fire!

hmmmm, gotten my attention have you...

any one know which set might put out more consistent heat:

Valkyn Skoria Set
    (1 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (2 items) When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have an 8% chance to summon a meteor that deals 9000 Flame Damage to target and 4000 Flame Damage all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

or

Grothdarr Set
    (1 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (2 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to create lava pools that swirl around you, dealing 2000 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters of you every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Bc more fire!

hmmmm, gotten my attention have you...

any one know which set might put out more consistent heat:

Valkyn Skoria Set
    (1 items) Adds 1064 Max Health
    (2 items) When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have an 8% chance to summon a meteor that deals 9000 Flame Damage to target and 4000 Flame Damage all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

or

Grothdarr Set
    (1 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka
    (2 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to create lava pools that swirl around you, dealing 2000 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters of you every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Skoria has range plus you cannot dodge it..W
    The Flyers
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr
    well fudge - I ain't got no dang skoria...only bunches of grothdar...

looks like I'll need to keep a closer eye on the golden...
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    I run Skoria for BG's and Blood Spawn open world, Skoria and Grothdar are perfectly valid choices though open world.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria
    The burning effect from BSW can also proc Skoria.
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    2 normal sets, 1 piece of monster XD
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria
    Timeraider wrote: »
    2 normal sets, 1 piece of monster XD

Mind blown
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Running mighty chudan on my small scale setup at the moment and it is just great.... gives a lot of resistance, hp, and frees up a slot for one skill, plus saves some magica since I don't have to run volatile armor
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I've been trying 2 heavy Malubeth in no-CP alongside 5 light seducer/sun and I feel extremely tanky... I really miss the ulti-gen from Blood Spawn, though.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of the Infernal.

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria
    Skoria because if it procs at the right time it's a straight execute.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Only the unskilled ones use monster sets